PDA

View Full Version : Options Improvements

Skepsis93
01-28-2009, 10:18 PM
This is just a very small change but I think could benefit everyone...

In the User CP, under options, and the Default Thread Subscription Mode, you can recieve e-mails on threads you've posted or replied to. I personally don't want to recieve an e-mail for every single thread I'm involved in, so why not include an option to automatically subscribe only to threads you've created?

I think people want to know members' responses to threads they've created but not to ones they've only replied to.

I don't think it'll take too much work to impliment this - tell me what you think :)

SeedyEvil
01-28-2009, 10:24 PM
When viewing any thread, if you click "Thread tools" and choose "subscribe to this thread" you be taken to a screen where you can choose your email notification options for that thread. This way you can pick and choose which threads you'll recieve emails about

Skepsis93
01-28-2009, 10:29 PM
I'm talking about the default subscription options in the User CP.

I'd like to be able to automatically subscribe to threads I've created, but not ones I've replied to only.

It's hard to explain but if you read my original post thouroghly I think you'll get it

The Pants Party
01-29-2009, 01:06 AM
You can subscribe to a thread and only have it under your "subscriptions" and not be notified via e-mail. Just changed the option to "no email notification" - this will still subscribe you but won't flood your inbox.

Unfortunately there is no option in vBulletin to do only threads you've created.

Skepsis93
01-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Unfortunately there is no option in vBulletin to do only threads you've created.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Thanks for your time anyway :)