PDA

View Full Version : Email us the status of our submissions

dakisbac
01-28-2009, 10:49 PM
Add an 'accept' and 'reject' button for the reviewers so that when they click one, we will receive an email to know that our submission has been looked at, and a confirmation whether it's going to be posted or not.

We all have emails attached to our accounts, so that isn't an issue, and the people making submissions (especially road maps at this time) are all really anxious to find out the status of their submission.

I know the staff probably gets tonnes of PMs inquiring about the status (I'm guilty...) so this could benefit them as well.

ezekiel 08
01-28-2009, 11:48 PM
Nice idea mate, it would help us (the community) as well as the staff (less harassment from us). I have submitted quite a few achievement pictures but I never know if I was first until the weekly wrap-up comes out. This would save on that waiting for sure :).

The Pants Party
01-29-2009, 01:02 AM
The time it would take to notify everyone is time taken away from actually processing and working on the submission itself. I personally will not be doing this. I know some of my guide team is nice enough to answer inquiries, but I would rather spend time working on the submissions than answering questions about the submissions. I check the Submit forum multiple times a day and everything either gets processed by myself personally (achievement images) or immediately forwarded on to the guide team (guides/road maps) where it will be processed in the order received.

If a guide gets posted live and your name shows up, that's how you know it got accepted. Otherwise, wait for the Achievement Unlocked post on the main site to see if your achievement image submission was accepted. If something is denied, better luck next time.

This may seem rude, but it saves us time so we can get more done. Trust in the process and be patient.

dakisbac
01-29-2009, 01:50 AM
I think you got confused Pants... the idea was that the system was automatic. Like when you activate a map or something, the activation of said map would automatically send out an email to the author letting them know that the map was accepted at the click of a button.

I dunno how the system works, so please clarify, but when someone submits something I suppose there's a couple of options available to you. You could post (or activate) it, delete it right then and there if it's trash, or forward it to the reviewers, who would then either activate it or delete it. My idea basically is then that if you activated it, it would send an email saying that your work was accepted, and if you deleted it, it would send an email saying that your work was rejected. And this would all happen while you go about your job the same as you do now. The emailing would be going on in the background.

Hope that clarifies.

Marx0r
01-29-2009, 03:09 AM
I think you got confused Pants... the idea was that the system was automatic. Like when you activate a map or something, the activation of said map would automatically send out an email to the author letting them know that the map was accepted at the click of a button.

I dunno how the system works, so please clarify, but when someone submits something I suppose there's a couple of options available to you. You could post (or activate) it, delete it right then and there if it's trash, or forward it to the reviewers, who would then either activate it or delete it. My idea basically is then that if you activated it, it would send an email saying that your work was accepted, and if you deleted it, it would send an email saying that your work was rejected. And this would all happen while you go about your job the same as you do now. The emailing would be going on in the background.

Hope that clarifies.

That's not entirely how it works. When you make a thread in the Submit forum, it's automatically unapproved. Unapproved threads are invisible to regular members. If it's a guide/road map, it's moved to the Guide Team board, which is also invisible to regular members.

Then, Guide team people edit it, and go to a special section of the site where they add it to the mainpage. There's really no place to add an email function.

The Pants Party
01-29-2009, 03:20 AM
Yeah, the submissions on the forum are completely separate from the admin system where everything is input. The threads in the Submit forum are identical to this thread, except that they are only seen by staff. We take the information off here, input it into the correct spot in the admin system, and then it is seen live on the site. There is no way to tie the two together. The only possible way to get what you are suggesting is if we manually send messages to everyone who submits something, which is just not feasible.

dakisbac
01-29-2009, 03:29 AM
Fair enough