PDA

View Full Version : The infamous FIRST! posts:

xXx3NIGM4xXx
01-28-2009, 11:06 PM
I may get some over zealous x360a'ers upset on this issue, but bear with me. I understand how nearly everyone on this site hates the "first" comments. They really are a waste of space and are entirely unnecessary. But am I the only one who sees the irony when people waste posts with the typical:

"#1 STFU!!" Oh, and on topic.."

It really is quite ironic but also very hypocritical. Isn't anyone after #1 who posts in retaliation his/her displeasure with the fact that they "wasted a post/space" sort of doing the same thing, regardless if they continue on with being on topic?

Don't get me wrong; I love x360a! It's a great place for the 360 community to come together and help one another, but with such irony and hypocrisy, well, that is what gets under my skin. Granted, this kind of business is usually found on the homepage news articles as those are usually what people see first. I for one do try to stay on topic, hence creating a topic to discuss with others, but why can't the ones who just waste space typing that #1 is wrong also get an infraction? Is it so wrong to at least consider? That's the point of this thread. ;)

On a little side note, another thing that seems to bug me, if only slightly, is peoples tendency to post about others writing/spelling. Now, I am pretty damn critical of spelling, and try to make sure every word is checked more than once, but really, is it needed to comment on if it is obvious what the person is trying to get across? I could understand if there were this:

"w475 g0!N6 0N?! 1337 pwn4g3! Y34H!!!"

But a simple grammatical error getting so much attention is lame, simply put.

What's your thoughts? :confused:

Creech
01-28-2009, 11:09 PM
why can't the ones who just waste space typing that #1 is wrong also get an infraction? Is it so wrong to at least consider?

Since you can't see who I give infractions to, how do you know that I don't already do this?

;)

xXx3NIGM4xXx
01-28-2009, 11:16 PM
Since you can't see who I give infractions to, how do you know that I don't already do this?

;)

Hmm..touche.

The Pants Party
01-29-2009, 01:04 AM
I'll be a bit less coy than my good buddy Creech there: they get infracted and if it happens again they get the boot. :p

xXx3NIGM4xXx
01-29-2009, 07:45 AM
Ha, well thanks Pants, at least that conspiracy theory is put to rest. :)