PDA

View Full Version : just to clarify...

HuTcH
01-30-2009, 02:52 AM
...This is not Halo 4, this is the PREQUEL to the original Halo for the xbox. I know plenty of people who bitch about how its nothing like Halo 3. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO. It explains what happens before the trilogy. Get your facts straight before you go whining about crap like this.

Another thing, Mythics Maps are included. Anyone who doesn't buy this game is missing out on the rest of Halo 3 achievements.

The Pants Party
01-30-2009, 03:19 AM
You realize this is an RTS and not a FPS, right? Of course it won't be like Halo 3.

HuTcH
01-31-2009, 01:20 AM
thank you pants party. forgot to mention that. my b

The Weasel
01-31-2009, 03:13 PM
So if anybody buys halo wars they get the maps? I thought it was only for the collectors edition. Also, if it is only for the collectors edition, is there a code that comes with it that you enter into the XBL marketplace, or does it just simply come with the game?

Jordeh
02-01-2009, 01:38 AM
So if anybody buys halo wars they get the maps? I thought it was only for the collectors edition. Also, if it is only for the collectors edition, is there a code that comes with it that you enter into the XBL marketplace, or does it just simply come with the game?That's correct, it'll contain a code for 3 mythic maps to download from the Marketplace, however this is only in the collectors edition.

These three mythic maps will then be released on March 3rd to the general Xbox Live public on the Marketplace, meaning that it's only an advantage to get them 'early' in Europe & Asia I believe. I'm almost certain they'll be 800 MS Points and the rest of the Mythic Maps come with Halo: ODST in Fall later in the year.

The Weasel
02-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Crap.

I thought they just came with the maps. Does ODST come wig a code too like halo wars or does it come with the maps?

ClevelandRocks8
02-01-2009, 04:17 PM
So if anybody buys halo wars they get the maps? I thought it was only for the collectors edition. Also, if it is only for the collectors edition, is there a code that comes with it that you enter into the XBL marketplace, or does it just simply come with the game?

The thread starter is confused.

He probably meant to post this in the Halo 3: ODST section.

Mythic Maps are included with Halo 3:ODST.

3 Mythic Maps are included with Halo Wars Limited Edition. They will not come with the normal $60 Halo Wars.

I believe there is a code.

ClevelandRocks8
02-01-2009, 04:20 PM
Crap.

I thought they just came with the maps. Does ODST come wig a code too like halo wars or does it come with the maps?

Sorry for the double post.

This may sound confusing, but I'll do my best to explain it.

I believe ODST will come with all 6 maps in the game, meaning no code.

In addition, I think it will have a code for the remaining 3 maps so you can play them on Halo 3.

The Weasel
02-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Oh well, I guess I'll to buy the the maps then. :(

I download my games, so if I download Halo Wars Legendary edition, it won't come with the maps? I was hoping they'd just come. Oh well I'll wait for ODST to get my mythic maps achievements.

I hope they come with ODST. :)

ClevelandRocks8
02-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Oh well, I guess I'll to buy the the maps then. :(

I download my games, so if I download Halo Wars Legendary edition, it won't come with the maps? I was hoping they'd just come. Oh well I'll wait for ODST to get my mythic maps achievements.

I hope they come with ODST. :)

How do you download your games?

Purge
02-02-2009, 06:52 PM
If im correct its only Limited Edition that has the code to the 3 Halo 3 Maps.

Halo ODST will have all maps on the disc.

HuTcH
02-06-2009, 02:57 AM
D O M, i think ur correct but dont take my word for it. there have been a lot of people saying ODST has the rest of the maps. But im waiting on my confirmation from Xbox Live

UCB Disco
02-06-2009, 03:07 AM
...Mythics Maps are included. Anyone who doesn't buy this game is missing out on the rest of Halo 3 achievements.

Umm... two things about this statement;

1) Mythic Maps are NOT included in the regular Halo Wars. Only the Limited Edition. Naturally.

2) Having the Mythic Maps will NOT net you the rest of the achievements. Apparently, you'll have to wait until Halo 3: ODST to get the other skulls (The last 3 Halo 3 Maps will come with ODST), so that means you'll have to wait until Fall 2009 to get the full 1750 achievements points from Halo 3.

I hope this clears things up. :D

General Khazard
02-06-2009, 03:20 AM
Umm... two things about this statement;

1) Mythic Maps are NOT included in the regular Halo Wars. Only the Limited Edition. Naturally.

2) Having the Mythic Maps will NOT net you the rest of the achievements. Apparently, you'll have to wait until Halo 3: ODST to get the other skulls (The last 3 Halo 3 Maps will come with ODST), so that means you'll have to wait until Fall 2009 to get the full 1750 achievements points from Halo 3.

I hope this clears things up. :D

As an addendum, the 3 maps you get with the LE will also be available on the marketplace at an as-yet undisclosed time (probably about a month after Halo Wars comes out, give or take).

Atarii
02-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Bleh, all these added maps/DLC and achievements being unattainable in HALO 3 until other games are released is confusing :(

ZundayXx
02-07-2009, 09:32 PM
At least we'll get the new Foundry like map called Sandbox :D

General Khazard
02-08-2009, 05:04 AM
As a clarifier, Halo 3: ODST will include ALL the DLC maps (heroic map pack up through the new ones).

TpYourHouse
02-09-2009, 07:21 PM
That's correct, it'll contain a code for 3 mythic maps to download from the Marketplace, however this is only in the collectors edition.

These three mythic maps will then be released on March 3rd to the general Xbox Live public on the Marketplace, meaning that it's only an advantage to get them 'early' in Europe & Asia I believe. I'm almost certain they'll be 800 MS Points and the rest of the Mythic Maps come with Halo: ODST in Fall later in the year.

Wait, so which can you download first, the ones that come with the LCE or the ones that everyone can download for 800 msp? And you say LCE comes on March 3rd or did you say the 800 msp download comes March 3rd?

ClevelandRocks8
02-09-2009, 09:51 PM
So we can't get any of these new achievements till ODST comes out? If so that sucks.

afunk117
02-10-2009, 06:40 AM
i wanna get the Le but its bullshit i cant get the maps cause i dont have LIVE

General Khazard
02-10-2009, 07:59 AM
OK, this is the post to answer all questions regarding Halo 3 DLC maps.

Halo Wars will ship with a code to download 3 maps (Orbital, Assembly, and Sandbox). These three maps will also be available in a map pack on XBLM at some point in time AFTER Halo Wars is released, likely a week to a month. The other three maps will not be available until Halo 3: ODST comes out in the fall. Halo 3: ODST will come with ALL the DLC content previously as well, so if you didn't have the other map packs you will get them with that.