PDA

View Full Version : New "realistic" style or old "Arcade" style?

ezekiel 08
01-31-2009, 06:11 AM
I really don't like how the NFS series keeps changing from Realistic to Arcade in the last few years. What was wrong with Underground 2 and Most Wanted? If I wanted realism, I'd play Forza 2 or maybe GRID :mad:.

Just make an Underground 3, sooo many people would buy it. Darn it, now I want an Underground 3 :D.

Your thought?

1337Pwner
01-31-2009, 07:09 AM
If they made underground 3 I'd piss my pants!

KieranJ08
02-01-2009, 04:21 PM
they should deffo bring out a NFS Underground 3 and not 'Shift'

:)

horn
02-02-2009, 02:31 AM
This may be interesting... haha. Wasn't Undercover said to be the last game?

1337Pwner
02-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Last I saw/heard it was "rumored" to be the last.

t3hpwnful
02-04-2009, 02:15 AM
I never heard Undercover was going to be the last game, because recently EA split into two teams for NFS and each team will release a NFS game every 2 years...and what a surprise...the team for shift is the same team as prostreet!!

Lumleyyy
02-04-2009, 02:09 PM
NFS is just getting worse and worse
enjoying midnight club now
never thought id say that during the days of
underground vs midnight club on ps2

Deadly Moves
02-04-2009, 02:16 PM
NFS Pro Street was the best NFS since NFS III: Hot Pursuit on the PC

Pro Street moved away from the childish Chavy running from the Fuzz genre into the real racing genre. Which in my opinion is miles better.

Carbon was a load of garbage in everyway
Most wanted was better, but not by much.
Undercover was good in bits, but was nowhere near as good as Pro Street. And its terrible frame rate did my head in. I did really like the the highway battles.. they were miles better than carbons canyon runs and slightly better than Pro streets speed runs.

I dont want to have to watch daft story cutscenes or have to worry about my car getting impounded.

I do like the running from the cops thing abit, but i dont want a whole game based around it. I want to do drag races, drift battles, running from the cops and normal racing type events.

I dont want invunrable cars, nightime street racing, my cars taken off me by the fuzz. and i DON'T, i repeat DON'T want pointless storylines

PS... if NFS Shift is more like Pro Street and Less like Undercover.. i'll be getting it.

Honey Child 248
02-08-2009, 02:02 PM
Ooooh my dayyyyys! If need for speed undercover 3 ever comes out, i think id actually have a love explosion in my pants! LOL

Tom115
02-08-2009, 02:21 PM
I want a NFS: Most Wanted 2, would be great. Not gonna happen though... :(

ezekiel 08
02-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Seems like the arcade NFS is winning :). I think Shift will be okay if you don't look at it as an NFS title. I think it will be more like GRID than Forza, which isn't bad. I don't mind 'semi-realistic' racing games but I still think NFS should stick to arcade.

t3hpwnful, thanks for the info about the developer splitting up into two groups, I didn't know that :). It's just like Bethesda. After TES: Oblivion, they split into two groups; one developing Fallout 3 and one starting on The Elder Scrolls V :p.

Avenger
02-20-2009, 04:45 PM
I never heard Undercover was going to be the last game, because recently EA split into two teams for NFS and each team will release a NFS game every 2 years...and what a surprise...the team for shift is the same team as prostreet!!
Yeah it was meant to be something like that. After Prostreet bombed they announced they were splitting the dev team so they would get 2 years to work on each NFS, but more recently announced that studio (Black Box was it?) was shutdown.

NFS has never been about simulation racing, and if you want one of those there are already plenty of other games to go an play, and several more in the pipeline.

NFS fans want above all some consistency in the game, something the last 3 games, and this future game are failing to deliver. We can't keep shifting between arcade and attempts at sim, or anyone that hasn't already been put off from the franchise, soon will be.

We certainly don't want a return to restrictive closed circuits, and while they put all their effort into "faithfully recreating real world circuits" most of them have already been done in other games and are now just boring. Open world provides so many more options and a lot more fun.

sTyLeZ
02-25-2009, 04:22 PM
im hoping this is like most wanted would be great

Admiral Smeg
03-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Not so sure about this one... The earlier NFS games with free-roaming and some gnarly cop chases were awesome. Most wanted rocked!

Hurricane x360a
03-05-2009, 03:04 AM
NFS Pro Street was the best NFS since NFS III: Hot Pursuit on the PC

Pro Street moved away from the childish Chavy running from the Fuzz genre into the real racing genre. Which in my opinion is miles better.

Carbon was a load of garbage in everyway
Most wanted was better, but not by much.
Undercover was good in bits, but was nowhere near as good as Pro Street. And its terrible frame rate did my head in. I did really like the the highway battles.. they were miles better than carbons canyon runs and slightly better than Pro streets speed runs.

I dont want to have to watch daft story cutscenes or have to worry about my car getting impounded.

I do like the running from the cops thing abit, but i dont want a whole game based around it. I want to do drag races, drift battles, running from the cops and normal racing type events.

I dont want invunrable cars, nightime street racing, my cars taken off me by the fuzz. and i DON'T, i repeat DON'T want pointless storylines

PS... if NFS Shift is more like Pro Street and Less like Undercover.. i'll be getting it.
pro street was garbage i payed 60 dollars for that piece of garbage from now on im not buying nfs games im renting them i would buy undercover then

T Man 360 Fan
03-05-2009, 04:48 AM
nfs pro street wasn't that bad but then again it wasn't half as good as most wanted or undercover!!! like 1 of the other guys said if i want a realistic game ill play forza 2.:uzi:- - - - - - - - - - - :Bounce:

ATR NAD
03-05-2009, 11:50 AM
NFS Hot Pursuit is still my favorite, I don't want a simulation, they won't do as good as other simulations anyways, so it will just be a game that won't please NFS fans or simulation fan, neither me (both NFS and simu fan). They're just messing up this license, I would have like a NFS Hot Pursuit with an open city like in underground but with more realistic gameplay and crashes, that's my opinion

Napior
04-04-2009, 02:27 AM
I was expecting "Undercover" to bring the series back to its glory days, unfortunately, it did not

hondafanatic17
04-16-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't know I bought Pro Street for like 10 bucks at Game Stop so I wasn't really mad when I realized it sucked, as for realistic GRID and Forza have me covered. Right now I want a balls to the walls Civic doin 200 miles an hour half a inch off the ground with 5 subs in the back, and 120 psi of nitrous not blowing the 4 cylinder engine type game would be fun. I just want what most people on this thread want a great comeback with Undergound and if all else besides that racing being awesome for it to have a pretty decint story line like the first one. NO MORE PROSTREET TYPES FROM NFS, EA I DON'T WANT THAT FROM YOU!

DAGinator
05-02-2009, 07:16 AM
recently EA split into two teams for NFS and each team will release a NFS game every 2 years

IMO, I just wouldn't buy the ones that I don't like... So if you like undercover's style, then wait for the next one from that team. Or if you like ProStreet better, then get this one.

Ryan-3
05-31-2009, 07:02 PM
Ooooh my dayyyyys! If need for speed undercover 3 ever comes out, i think id actually have a love explosion in my pants! LOL

I don't think you'll ever get to have that explosion at this rate. :(

Poida
06-22-2009, 09:46 AM
Arcade style is better suited for me.
If it is a little realistic though it wouldnt bother me, could get used to it.

scooke87
07-08-2009, 07:49 PM

NFS Prostreet was developed by EA Black Box. Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_ProStreet)
NFS Shift is being developed by Slightly Mad Studios. Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Shift)

AH 09
08-29-2009, 11:27 PM

LOL stole the words outta my mouth! :mad: BUT u missed belly fizzy if ya now wat i mean...

Dz06lt
08-30-2009, 12:13 AM
personally i hate sim racers like Gran Turismo and Forza i prefer Burnout and what NFS use to be hopefully they find a way to get back to MW's greatness

HamsterLV
09-14-2009, 08:37 PM
Yo seriously, can you switch camera in this game to behind car? Is it just cockpit or under the car cuz those are only camera angles I have seen!

XvMav3rick007vX
09-15-2009, 05:02 PM
i know that it is not that big of a deal but lots of people here are getting confused between NFS UNDERGROUND and NFS UNDERCOVER. underground was the better one in the series and i would love to see a third one made

HamsterLV
09-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Undercover could have been so much better...

BuddhaMD
09-17-2009, 02:30 PM
NFS Prostreet was developed by EA Black Box. Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_ProStreet)
NFS Shift is being developed by Slightly Mad Studios. Source (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_Shift)

^^^

...& Slightly Mad Studios (or part of...) used to be part of Simbin - the highly acclaimed PC racing sim makers (before they made the abortion that was RacePro). But SMS had left & started work on this before what's left of Simbin made RacePro.

This game has a good pedigree developer-wise, regardless of who the publisher is.

neok182
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
arcade all the way. I still play Undercover 2 and Most Wanted. Best NFS games.

The new direction is stupid. I played GRID, and still do. and even though it was a "simulator" game, it was twice as good as shift. Not in graphics, but gameplay and thats what matters.

If i wanted simulation like SHIFT i'd go get forza or something like that

ProXy
09-17-2009, 06:40 PM
There are plenty of arcade NFS titles, so what is the problem when the new title contains more simulation than the other ones?

The old titles like Most Wanted, Carbon, Pro Street, Undercover handled like a real arcade racer, but everyone complained about the boring NFS series. Now EA really tries to change something and they made it really good, why do you still complain about Shift? Because it is too much simulation? Even GRID is more an arcade game than a simulation, but the problem is that a lot of people think that a game is a simulation if you spin out when taking a corner with 150+.

The only game that tries to be a real simulation is forza, maybe also RacePro (didn't ever play that one), all other games are miles away from being a sim.

A racing game where you have to use the brake can still be a arcade racer...

h3liumX
09-17-2009, 07:17 PM
I enjoy both arcade and realistic, but I don't like the driving mechanics in Shift at all.

CLB Left 4 Dead
09-18-2009, 05:23 PM
I'm getting it 2morrow as i think it'll still be more fun than forza but i want a cool street racing game like fast n the furious films with a story -lame as it may be in carbon conquering territories by winning boss races it at least made it entertaining

BrassBallz
09-18-2009, 09:06 PM
GRiD sucked donkey balls and was far from a sim or Forza.

ProXy
09-18-2009, 09:41 PM
GRiD sucked donkey balls and was far from a sim or Forza.

100% ACK, GRID was a pure arcade racer that suffers from some physics issues and therefor felt a bit like a sim :)

iBeatStuffUp
09-21-2009, 01:42 AM
I loved PGR4, and hated Forza 2.

Can anyone compare this game in terms of those two games, and give me some recommendations? Because I really do like what I see, but if it turns out way too simulation-like, I will not be buying it.