PDA

View Full Version : Can you get 1k by just playing through the story?

J.Waddo
02-01-2009, 01:28 AM
So yeh, pretty basic question, can you?

If not, what can/cant you get by just playing through the story?
So, basically, achievements that you have to do without being prompted.

I've got this game ready to put my 360 for the start of the GSL and want to be prepared.:p

Tsaako
02-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Not quite, but you do get quite a bit of gamerscore for just going through the missions.

Theres certain things you have to do, go back to, pretty easy.

I think it's best you follow this guide (below), i'm following that guide aswell atm.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=60564

If you miss some you can always replay missions too. I'm just trying to get everything done on 1 playthrough.

Good luck on the GSL too. :)

impmeister
02-01-2009, 01:44 AM
This game will get you off to a good start lol. I completed in like six hours total. The only thing that slightly diverts you from the story is where you have to take photos and pick up things from flashbacks. They're really simple though.

Gage3Wade
02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
ya you pretty much get most of the achieves through the story

Decap590
02-03-2009, 01:57 AM
just follow the guide on this site and you can beat the entire game in less than 5 hours. I just did it in i think 4.5 hours maybe a little less. The guide lays it out really well too

J.Waddo
02-05-2009, 11:37 PM
Sweet, that guide should help, thanks guys.

AgEnT STARZz
02-09-2009, 09:51 PM
yeh it took me about 5hours and using the guide i completed it and got the 1k in one play!

CyanideSpirit
04-13-2009, 03:34 AM
yea lots of backtracking

Tartan Martin
05-29-2009, 10:48 PM
So yeh, pretty basic question, can you?

If not, what can/cant you get by just playing through the story?
So, basically, achievements that you have to do without being prompted.

You can play through the story yet miss a few achievements on the way during flashbacks where you press 'A' so that Elliott talks to the character directly after cut scenes instead of simply finding folders, recorders etc.

Also the Dharma van is easy to find and take a photo off in Episode 5 but ya tend to get lost on how to get to your destination afterwards I found that you simply let the smoke monster kill you so that you get another chance. Also, taking photos to get achievements sometimes has prompts but very rarely - there's 20G's on offer for a photo off the beam of light from the hatch in Episode 3 or 4 but only 15G's for getting the hatch numbers completely in the shot and in focus... :confused:

Anyway, its a short fairly simple romp for 1K - defo NOT for purchase... YouTube gives the method for achievements and check out this forum will show you what you need to do during each Episode.

Here it is...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/lost-via-domus/guide/

lern2zhelm
06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
I got 1000/1000 with just one playthrough. It's quite easy actually, the guide on X360A is very helpful. Just look at the completion achievement for each chapter in the guide, and it will tell you exactly how to do each achievement, in order.

Only problem I've found is that the links to help with the fuse puzzles are down, but they're all pretty easy assuming you have enough of each type of fuse to complete it.

Word for the wise: If possible, retrieve your fuses from the board after it's completed. Easiest example is when you finish the puzzle in the cockpit, grab your laptop and camera, then collect your fuses again.

Took me 3.5 hours to beat the game with full 1000, and I wasn't focusing on the game the entire time, so it's a pretty straightforward and fast 100%.

Hope I helped,
Z

rexxe11
06-15-2009, 12:10 AM
i got 915 from my first playthrough and didnt know what the others were because they were 'Secret' so i gave up and traded the game in. Then i discovered this site and now i'm sooo pissed i missed out on my other achievements.

Kamakazi Pear
07-29-2009, 08:19 PM
I know this is an old thread, but just to give an input to people who are considering playing this. Using the guide on X360A, and watching some vids on Youtube from the channel 'TrevelXP' I was able to finish this game from start to finish, 1000G in just under 2 and a half hrs. It's very boring and repetitive to play, but an extremely easy 1k.

Andystylez
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Takes about 5 hours to get the whole 1000G and also the patience of a saint!

this game was so bad...