PDA

View Full Version : Man Of The Match

steviecrocker
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Ever match my strikers seem to pick up the MOTM awards. If I try not to score and keep possesion in the hope a midfielder picks it up backfires on me! Does anyone know anyways of helping a defender or midfielder to the man of the match award? Much appreciated if you do! :drunk

Butters
11-08-2006, 11:54 PM
you could sub all of your people in as defensive strikers if you know what I mean.

FoxJA
11-09-2006, 11:03 AM
Drop all your strikers for midfielders until you get the achievment, then take out all midfielders and strikers and play 10 outfield defenders. It's harder to score but it works.

steviecrocker
11-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Thanks allot guys! So if I play a team say like this... GK: Given. Def: Carr, Bramble, Taylor & Bernard. Mid: Puyol, Woodgate, Ferdinand, L. King. For: J. Terry & Cannavaro? I should be almost guarenteed to get the Defender MOTM award everytime? Mmm? I didn't think it would work, but seems you can confirm this I owe you a big thank you! :drunk

Webb
11-09-2006, 02:58 PM
Yeah, you might have trouble scoring though :p

FoxJA
11-09-2006, 11:58 PM
One annoying thing that happened to me a few times is that my keeper would make one save during the game and they would give him man of the match.

It happened 5 times in the first 50 I played and twice in 3 games so I started scoring an own goal in everygame that he made a save to stop him having the MOTM.

If it helps I found it easy to score with puyol and terry up front. Some of the other defenders were useless.

stevewack
12-08-2006, 12:43 PM
You actually have to win the MOTM award with a player from a certain position for it to count (i.e, for a defender, it has to be LB, LWB, RCB, CB, LCB, RWB, RB, for a midfielder, CDM, CM etc.).
The only way around this is to create your own formation and tailor it to have majority of one position, for example I created a formation which had 3 CB, 1 LB, 1 LWB, 1 RB + 1 RWB. That way you are tipping the odds in the favor, that one of your defenders will win the MOTM. To create a custom formation, go to the formation screen and press either X or Y (can't remember which). This takes you to a Formation Editor screen. Then, go wild!

Webb
12-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Thats not true fella, I played with 10 defenders as outfield players and Vincent Company as my star striker got most of my man of the matches for the achievement.

steviecrocker
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
DaWebbmeister is 100% correct. Some advice would be to buy Vincent Kompany he is an outstanding defender who can do the buisness up front, I know because I had him up front alongside Christian Chivu and he was getting man of the match nearly every game. Plus I have the achievement to prove it as does DaWebbmeister! So there! Ha ha! :drunk

Neo
01-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Since I've started playing on Semi pro the MOM awards have been spread very evenly.. I'm on a decent winning streak and haven't gotten a MOM award yet lol. Just defend well with your defenders and if you dont want you striker to get it when he scores a goal, dont try and score again, rely on your defence to hold out for the win.

Playing with Manchester United I'm getting MOM awards mostly for Rio Ferdinand and Gary Neville. Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes always get it in Midfields (sometimes Ronaldo aswell) and Saha and Rooney are about even at the front. It annoys me that Van der Sarr has about 10 MOM awards though...does that count towards defenders in the MOM achievement?

Peopleschamp 07
01-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Do you need to play on semi-pro to get the achievement? because i have been playing the last 20 games or so on Professional difficulty and i have 55 strikers that have won man of the match on semi-pro or higher and i dont have that achievement yet...any ideas why this might be??

steviecrocker
01-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Unfortuanatly mate it has to be all games played on Semi Pro in single player. Multi player doesnt count online or offline! :drunk

Peopleschamp 07
01-18-2007, 06:07 AM
thats a downer... :(

Dannyg3192
01-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Do you have to get 50 man of the matches with the same player 50 times, ie wayne rooney 50 times and that will get me the striker mom acheivement.

ScottEvil30
01-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Without stupid lineups mine are reasonably spread so far:

Defender: 10
Midfielder: 19
Striker: 21

Webb
01-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Do you have to get 50 man of the matches with the same player 50 times, ie wayne rooney 50 times and that will get me the striker mom acheivement.

No, as long as your striker gets it 50 times, it doesn't matter which team or player it is.

N5CKP
03-30-2007, 11:38 PM
I played 67 games on Amateur before i moved on to Semi-Pro; I am currently doing the man of the match achievements.

To get the striker MOM i had to get it 71 times in order to get the achievement to compensate for the games i played in amateur.

To get the midfielder MOM i had to get it 64 times in order to get the achievement.

I am now struggling to get the defender MOM. I have currently got 79 MOM but not the achievement.

Here are my workings;
I had to get the striker MOM 21 times more, the midfielder MOM 14 times more. And at the moment for the defender i am 29 over. This totals 64 and doesnt include the amateur games where i didnt get MOM or goalkeeper MOM's.

So I'm thinking maybe the defender achievement isnt going to unlock for me. Its really starting to wind me up :mad: . I hope this post wasnt too confusing for anybody but its a bit hard to explain.

If anyone has had similar problems please let me know. In the meantime i will continue to get as many man of the match awards for defenders as possible. I am only 35 wins off my 300 so i might aswell!!

PS. If you havnt actually bought this game yet - when you get it i suggest you start on semi-pro to avoid issues like this. I wish i did.

Cheers

N5CKP
03-31-2007, 01:50 PM
Hey since my last post last night I finally managed to get defender man of the match it took 82 MOM defender awards to compensate for the games I played on amateur!

Now I've just got 300 games, World XI and Goal Getter to get for my 1k!!!

Perfect Preston
04-02-2007, 06:13 PM
Sorry - how do I find out how many MOM my players have.

ta

Butters
04-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Sorry - how do I find out how many MOM my players have.

ta

You go to your proflie from main menu and go to profile details and use your rb button to change menus until you see mom stuff.

Perfect Preston
04-07-2007, 06:29 PM
got it - thanks Butters