PDA

View Full Version : Easy hot potato achievement

xxNOLAUxx
11-09-2006, 12:48 AM
At the end of teh Battle at St Lo you are in a buliding. It seems as if this is the end of the mission but then a german tank apperas and you have to hold off one last attack. During this look towards the back of the 2nd floor and you will see a balcony. Go and stand on this balcony so that you are out of sight. Grenades will be chucked at you, at least 8 of them, but not all at once of course. Simply throw them away and you will receive this achievement during gameplay.

The balcony is really small.. but easily noticable

slowpantz
11-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Or you can throw a grenade at the ground pick it up and retoss it :woop:

djfrogstar
11-09-2006, 11:56 AM
that sounds like an easy way to do it....somehow I feel more relaxed when im not concentrated on getting the achievement.... with most games that are shooter based... Like doing a level with one kind of weapon, sure its possible but i dont want to concentrate on not picking up a better weapon ...doesnt matter....I think all the achievemnts are good for the easy difficulty...and Veteran mode you will need all and everything to survive that

Tommy Gun 81
11-09-2006, 02:13 PM
Great help, works very easily!

Zef
11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
Do all five grenades need to be picked up by a single character (like the american or englishman) rather than just five grenades over the whole game?

I've thrown back way more than five but no achievement =(

Fartmaster UEO
11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
yes please clarify because thats a good question

xxNOLAUxx
11-10-2006, 02:18 AM
It is five grenades during one mission.

Fartmaster UEO
11-10-2006, 03:36 AM
:uzi: yes and it does not work if you throw them and do it.. you actually have to pick up the grenades the germans threw and give it back

IceWarm
11-13-2006, 02:31 AM
I was able to pick up a couple of my own grenades and throw them again and I got the achievement.

PaleGringo
11-14-2006, 01:02 AM
Also, another easy place to do it is on the first Brittish mission, just after you do your fist assault and the whistle blows. The second segment has you checkpointed in a house looking towards a doorway with three smoke grenades on a stand next to it.

Run out to the horse-drawn cart on the right, and prone out. The grenades should come flying towards you from the large boulders in the field. Happens to work easier if you pick off the MG-42 first.

I quite literally was pressing, X, RB, X, RB, X, RB, X, RB, X, RB and got it in a few seconds.