PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have any problems with ranked matches??

xxNOLAUxx
11-09-2006, 03:38 AM
yea I'm having problems with my ranked matches. When I click on any types of a ranked match it takes me to a screen and doesn't do anything.
Im just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

ROOKdaddyPIMP
11-09-2006, 04:50 AM
Yeah I can't get into a ranked match either, i tried custom and quick and couldn't into a match. Player matches worked fine but achievements can only be done in ranked matches.

Tommy Gun 81
11-09-2006, 06:06 AM
Glad to see you guys have problems too. Nothing is working in the ranked matches. I enter a kind of lobby and it says battle is to begin in a second...but nothing happens.

What is up with this?

xMc Nuggetz
11-09-2006, 07:37 AM
I just wait......usually takes anywhere from about 7-10 minutes to get a match started up. One of the very few downsides of this game

Dark Fury
11-09-2006, 10:04 AM
I've not tested it by i assumed it would be something like Nuggetz says, just takes a while.

P1NSEEKER
11-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah ive been hearing of these kind of problems.

Dosent bother me though i very rarely played ranked on cod2 anyway.

Tommy Gun 81
11-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Okay, it seems like you just have to wait for a few minutes and suddenly the lobby is full of people. I got luckey and was the best man on the winning team right in my second ranked game. Achievement unlocked ;)

Darth Odan
11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I have the same problem. But, its good to know I'm not the only one :D. Takes me 15 mins to get a party -.-

D4yw4lk3r
11-09-2006, 08:35 PM
I just wait......usually takes anywhere from about 7-10 minutes to get a match started up. One of the very few downsides of this game

Yea but not everyone has this game yet! Even now it's a day early

K33GAN
11-09-2006, 10:00 PM
yea, it's usually hit or miss if you can get a game or not

D4yw4lk3r
11-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Yet another game rushed out intime for xmas!! :-/ Splinter cell has ranked match problems and so does this, i just hope we don't see the same problems with gears of war (fingers crossed).

So annoying these games are never 100% complete & tested before release, instead get em out so we all buy them & release update/patches at a later date.

IceWarm
11-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Only problem I have with ranked matches is I can't get into or find any of them yet.

dEViL SK
11-11-2006, 07:19 PM
I was w8ing in lobby for more that 15 minutes and nothing happen, second time 11 people + 1 were in the looby, but game was just saying start in a second a do nothing for couple of minutes, since this time I never see somebody (I'm spending in lobby 10-15 minutes every time)

This is pretty bad for such a game like CoD3 in the age of nextgen... especially when all mulitplayer achievements are joined with ranged matches.

Shit!

Darth Odan
11-11-2006, 08:04 PM
I'm looking for SINGLE CTF and I end up playing WAR. This is a bit annoying. I never play what I'm looking for and then I get teamed up with noobs [in Single CTF, they don't know how to play it -.-] they just place the flag on OUR base, get killed, and the enemy picks up the flag and scored.

xxNOLAUxx
11-11-2006, 10:09 PM
ok now i think these ranked matches are getting better. Just wait about three minutes and you'll most likely get into a match. Sometimes however, it may make you play a gametype that you havent chosen.

NinjaFighter202
11-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Yeah Ive been having these problems too sometimes it takes like a minute and sometimes it takes 5 minutes I hope there will be a update or something to fix this cause It will take forever to get the ranked achivements.

xxNOLAUxx
11-12-2006, 03:56 AM
I've heard from a few people that a patch for ranked matches will be released on this upcoming monday..finally

LoadedCannon
11-12-2006, 12:34 PM
I've been trying over the last four days and i haven't seen another player on the ranked match screen, strangely enough i cant get into player matches on custom either though i can get into player match quick match just fine.

I haven't seen any information on the patch that was mentioned for tomorrow, i am such a sceptic is there a link?

Supaaafly
11-12-2006, 01:56 PM
ok now i think these ranked matches are getting better. Just wait about three minutes and you'll most likely get into a match. Sometimes however, it may make you play a gametype that you havent chosen.

Basically experiencing the same problems, but yeah, as more and more people get the game, ranked match times are dropping. Got straight in one match last night!

Zef
11-12-2006, 04:23 PM
It is kind of annoying that they made an effort to improve multiplayer, which they did, only to screw up on the ranked side.

Hopefully there will be a patch, and maybe in the future a COD game will be released when it is finished. So annoying =P

LoadedCannon
11-12-2006, 08:09 PM
It appears you have to open the ports on your router, for anyone who doesn't know how (including me until i was pointed here) go to portforward.com click on your router and pick xbox360 live for an easy to follow guide.

This fixed it for me straight away although it still takes about three minutes to find a ranked game.

Oh, and you get one point per kill and a few for each flag capture meaning it's going to take about fifty years to get the 'general' achievement, bother!

Zef
11-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Oh, and you get one point per kill and a few for each flag capture meaning it's going to take about fifty years to get the 'general' achievement, bother!

You also get points for reviving and supplying ammo I think.

And portforward only works if you are using the router for your pc as well I believe, because there is no way for me to enter a static ip address for it. Twenty minute waits for me then =(

D4yw4lk3r
11-13-2006, 01:29 AM
Yep it's yet another game that's f*cked nothing to do with routers.

hopefully a patch soon.. :mad:

xxNOLAUxx
11-16-2006, 03:35 AM
For me it seems as if its taking less time each day that goes by. Today I kept getting into matches within about 2-4 minutes tops.
Maybe its because more and more people are getting it.

BIGRIPS420
11-17-2006, 03:50 AM
After i changed the ip address in the router settings my matches began to pop up a lot faster then before it went down from one every 10 to 15 minutes to one every 3 or 4

buckshotmike
11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
If I am going to change this IP address thing what are the steps to do it. As in where do I get the new IP address and where do I plug it into. Also, is it going to fuck anything else if I change it?

BIGRIPS420
11-29-2006, 09:46 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6294 and it wonts mess up your computer.

Just SicK NastY
11-30-2006, 04:07 AM
takes forever for me to find a match

IceWarm
11-30-2006, 05:19 AM
I have still yet to be able to get into a ranked game.

Eternal Prince
12-02-2006, 08:54 AM
i have found that if i want to play ctf i end up playing something totally random like war or headquarters. Ane like it has been said above it really is hit and miss you first go into a lobby with no one else there you wait abit (or in some cases ages) then suddenly the lobby is filled with people. Then people quit out because they are on the losing team and it becomes unfair and you can't change team because its ranked. I find it annoying you can't choose if you are allies or germans.