PDA

View Full Version : Rifle achievement

Tommy Gun 81
11-09-2006, 06:08 AM
Wonder how this is working. I finished St.Lo just shooting with the M1 Garand and no Rifle achievement. Don't know its exact name. It is the one where you have to finish a mission just by firing with rifles!

djfrogstar
11-09-2006, 11:52 AM
same here.....
The campaign seems kind of short IMO...Ok yeah i played it on easy, but it was over so quickly...Ive done the first 2 missions...and they went by quick

slowpantz
11-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Ya I'v tried the machine gun and fist one and succeeded but at the end of the l got no ach.:eek:
-I am also playing on easy

Tommy Gun 81
11-09-2006, 02:15 PM
Played thru St.Lo again without weapons...no achievement. St.Lo does not count for those achievements IMO.

Did the second mission without weapons, just melee and i got the achievement. Stole the Karabiner98 in the third mission and stuck with it all the mission. Unlocked 2 achievements at once. Complete a mission with just German weapons plus the rifle achievement :)

Mr Duke Togo
11-09-2006, 05:28 PM
So has anyone gotten achievements on St. Lo? Also, I wasn't sure if the M1 Garand was considered a bolt action rifle since that's what's required for the achievement...looks like it doesn't work.

D4yw4lk3r
11-09-2006, 08:06 PM
So has anyone gotten achievements on St. Lo? Also, I wasn't sure if the M1 Garand was considered a bolt action rifle since that's what's required for the achievement...looks like it doesn't work.

You can't get the achievement for completing a level without firing a round etc.. because on the training level you shoot 4 rounds at the helmets and this counts as the same level, try level 2!! However i did get a couple of others on this level..

xMc Nuggetz
11-09-2006, 10:58 PM
I got the achivement for not dying on the first british mission i think is was.....when your first introduced to driving a jeep. Anyways i played it on easy, just jumped around bashing ppl. Pretty fun actually. And i dont know if it would count or not, but i didnt throw any grenades back.

RRDJR70
11-10-2006, 04:55 AM
You have to use a bolt action rifle. The M1 is gas operated .

killie65
11-10-2006, 08:43 PM
You have to use a bolt action rifle. The M1 is gas operated .

Can i get the achievement by using the Karabiner98 then?

Zef
11-10-2006, 09:40 PM
I got the achievement (without realising) on the british mission that starts near some trains and eventually goes to some silos. You start with a rifle and nothing else so it is pretty easy.

KhanMan
11-11-2006, 04:35 AM
I did this too, I meleed the guy took his kar98 on level 3 and used it all level and got nuthing... I did use some gernades and maybe might have used a melee.... are those two not allowed?

I know in the achievment it says, "melee attacks don't count"... but that clarification in itself is confusing; I don't know if that means that melee doesn't count as a rifle shot, or does it mean that a melee will not count against you?

IceWarm
11-11-2006, 05:53 AM
I got the Rifleman and Battlefield Scavenger achievements on the first British mission. I knocked out the first guard and took his rifle and used that gun the rest of the mission and got both achievements.

Zef
11-11-2006, 02:22 PM
I know in the achievment it says, "melee attacks don't count"... but that clarification in itself is confusing; I don't know if that means that melee doesn't count as a rifle shot, or does it mean that a melee will not count against you?

I'm led to believe that melee attacks aren't counted towards your kills, so you CAN use them and not lose the achievement.

The assault rifle achievement doesn't have that message and you CANNOT use grenades or melee attacks (at least, I couldn't)

zam
11-11-2006, 11:09 PM
I got the Rifleman and Battlefield Scavenger achievements on the first British mission. I knocked out the first guard and took his rifle and used that gun the rest of the mission and got both achievements.
Got it this way as well, stupid easy way to get this one

ChickenMcBastrd
12-01-2006, 10:47 PM
On this same topic of weapon achievements, for the Assault achievement is the FG42 a valid gun? Profile says it's an assault rifle. The g/f is home now so I can't play until tomorrow :( and want to try it out.

FlyingAE86
12-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Note: You cannot get Close Quarters Combatant at Saint Lo because you fire four shots at the beginning. It counts as the same level.

The Machine gunner achievement, you must use the FG42 or BAR. You cannot use any other weapon than that.

Rifle Achievement: You must use a Bolt Action Rifle. This includes the Kar99, Lee Enfield, etc.

chapuchi
12-02-2006, 08:30 AM
i just did this on the 4th mission (2nd british) Only used my Kar98 i got from last round, finished the mission only got the battle scavenger one. I'm not sure but was I also supposed to get the British achievement for completing two levels and also the Rifleman achievement?