PDA

View Full Version : Will Ed Boon cave in under pressure again?

Jed05
02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
If you read interviews with Ed Boon it seems like Midway games are real strict on when games need to be finished and the amount of money they will give them.

That's why things that make no sense, AKA Motaro with 2 legs in MK Armageddon, happen. That's why the games always feel.....no polished. Mortal Kombat used to be my favorite series, and it's slowly turned into a joke.

Ed Boon needs to stand up for his series, or leave. Same that Tobias did. Tobias got out when the getting was good. I wonder what he is up to now?

Hopefully this is better than MK VS. random license to sell game. MK vs. Street Fighter/Capcom/Dead or Alive would be great though.

Iv VeNoM vI
05-02-2009, 09:53 PM
They should just RE-Make MK with all new characters like they were suppose to

Firing Dutchman
05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
MK 2 is still the best of the series

Purple Toxins
06-27-2009, 11:57 AM
MK 2 is still the best of the series I have to disagree, my favorite is UMK3

Mp1024
07-22-2009, 09:32 AM
agree with you venom, looking forward to a whole new cast of characters. hopefully its get done and done right.

Hektik2123
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
All new characters? well not all new i would keep the fan favorites and change the rest out

Plym
08-11-2011, 01:17 PM
All new characters? well not all new i would keep the fan favorites and change the rest out The game is OUT, you have it, what on earth are you talking about and necromancing a 2 year old thread for?!

Lordvader178
08-11-2011, 02:25 PM
All new characters? well not all new i would keep the fan favorites and change the rest out

This thread is 2 years old....and you bumped it.....

Amazing.

CHEESEBLOCK91
08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd get Mortal Kombat Vs. Killer Instinct, and so would you, OP. ;)

FOXmasler
08-12-2011, 11:17 PM
This thread is 2 years old....and you bumped it.....

Amazing.

I pretty sure this guy is trolling the mortal kombat section.

RedDragon4275
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM

Hektik or Vader...? I can assure you that Vader isn't a troll if you're implying he is.

FOXmasler
08-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Hektik or Vader...? I can assure you that Vader isn't a troll if you're implying he is.

Lol, sorry no i wasnt. I was agreeing with what he said. I was referring to the guy who bumped this old thread.

sonicmark
08-13-2011, 07:40 AM

Do ya think so? :p.

PANIC ATTACK 10
08-13-2011, 07:10 PM
i liked UMK3 best. my favorite is barraka. the proablem is the dlc, you'll be buying the game 10 times over just to get all the older characters.

as for this being bumped. dont read/respond then lol.

this was my favorite series till they went 3D & added 15 button combos ugh. i like my fighting games simple, ie geneses style. not SSFT cr*p

The Big Badd
08-16-2011, 07:38 PM
Yeah, lets talk about this game like it hasn't been released 4 months ago lol

Anrkey5993
08-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Man it would be great if Mortal Kombat would go back to its roots yah know? Back to the 2D style and only put the old classic characters on the rooster and maybe some new ones or maybe even cross-over characters up for download. Oh well a person can DREAM right.

RedDragon4275
08-16-2011, 07:47 PM
Man it would be great if Mortal Kombat would go back to its roots yah know? Back to the 2D style and only put the old classic characters on the rooster and maybe some new ones or maybe even cross-over characters up for download. Oh well a person can DREAM right.

But they did th-

Oh wait...

Destro
08-16-2011, 09:38 PM
Well its weird in a way, everybody have is perfect MK in a way. Personally mine was Armageddon, another of my friend it was MK4(:confused:) and for some others its MKT or UMK3 if you prefer...

And then came this one, its mixed reaction.... personally i was blown away at first, how good the game looked, how a major improvement it was over VS DCU. But then i realized... being better than VS DCU is not hard at all, considering how crap the game was... Then past the powder to the eyes that where the fatality, the initial playing(story mode, look of characters etc), i realized how badly designed this game was and could only regret the old gameplay of the 3d era. Its not secret i find the pop up combo stupid and completely whatever, wish there was more than 3-4 hits "ground" combos. And i find depressing that now you do only 14% if you use ground combo but can racked up a 43% combo doing pop ups...

Not to mention how badly balanced the characters are... For exemple a Sheeva player have to spam badly her teleport stomping to be good with her, or that kung lao "cowards" to not offense anybody can only do spin spin, air kick, hat trow hat throw, combo(with hight and low attacks being include) and rinse and repeat to kill somebody. Even if they do only 3-4 hits combo, they can destroy opponents so bad its stupid.

Lordvader178
08-17-2011, 02:55 AM
Well its weird in a way, everybody have is perfect MK in a way. Personally mine was Armageddon, another of my friend it was MK4(:confused:) and for some others its MKT or UMK3 if you prefer...

And then came this one, its mixed reaction.... personally i was blown away at first, how good the game looked, how a major improvement it was over VS DCU. But then i realized... being better than VS DCU is not hard at all, considering how crap the game was... Then past the powder to the eyes that where the fatality, the initial playing(story mode, look of characters etc), i realized how badly designed this game was and could only regret the old gameplay of the 3d era. Its not secret i find the pop up combo stupid and completely whatever, wish there was more than 3-4 hits "ground" combos. And i find depressing that now you do only 14% if you use ground combo but can racked up a 43% combo doing pop ups...

Not to mention how badly balanced the characters are... For exemple a Sheeva player have to spam badly her teleport stomping to be good with her, or that kung lao "cowards" to not offense anybody can only do spin spin, air kick, hat trow hat throw, combo(with hight and low attacks being include) and rinse and repeat to kill somebody. Even if they do only 3-4 hits combo, they can destroy opponents so bad its stupid.

Just a heads up, spamming Stomp is a surefire way to lose with Sheeva if you have any amount of skill at the game. Sheeva has so many grabs and can just demolish you at close range and that's what a good Sheeva player does. Players who spam stomp deserve to lose and if you can't beat them (not you specifically) then you need to get better because it's so easily avoidable.

As for Kung Lao part.....you just listed how a good Lao player plays. Spin to punish makes, projectile to keep away, Dive kick to close distance and combo to pressure. It's understanding you don't like vsing Kung Lao (I don't) but you pretty much listed every option he, and every character, has to win a fight xD.

Destro
08-17-2011, 01:16 PM
When there is lag Sheeva can be a pain in the butt sometimes with her sky stomping, as the game won't recognize you moved before she fall and hit you even if you step front. Its kind of random, and im not saying a good player can't be good with her doing different stuff, to be honest i never faced a good sheeva player, all guys who took her where just trying to spam the stomping...

As for Lao thats the problem i was mentioning. He is so damn unbalanced, cause he have a move for every situation, he can teleport being you with 3 different hits, he can throw is hat low or hight, if you try to get close to him to do... you know... A COMBO(wich is the base of the game) he will spin you and this spin have priority over any combo moves, and if your far and all he will just drop kick you all the time. Add to this he is super quick like Liu Kang and can hit you faster than a bunch of other character and this is icing on the cake...

On top of that his spin jump you in the air so hight he have all the time to do any aerials he want... This character is way over the top, he was never so strong in the past MK games in 2d

FOXmasler
08-17-2011, 04:40 PM
When there is lag Sheeva can be a pain in the butt sometimes with her sky stomping, as the game won't recognize you moved before she fall and hit you even if you step front. Its kind of random, and im not saying a good player can't be good with her doing different stuff, to be honest i never faced a good sheeva player, all guys who took her where just trying to spam the stomping...

As for Lao thats the problem i was mentioning. He is so damn unbalanced, cause he have a move for every situation, he can teleport being you with 3 different hits, he can throw is hat low or hight, if you try to get close to him to do... you know... A COMBO(wich is the base of the game) he will spin you and this spin have priority over any combo moves, and if your far and all he will just drop kick you all the time. Add to this he is super quick like Liu Kang and can hit you faster than a bunch of other character and this is icing on the cake...

On top of that his spin jump you in the air so hight he have all the time to do any aerials he want... This character is way over the top, he was never so strong in the past MK games in 2d

People need to stop whining about Lao, he USED to be overpowered but they've patched him way down. He's still top tier but there are several characters at his level now(Raiden,mileena,scorpion, kitana, shang tsung and ermac) Of course im talking about those characters when used by good people, if you're talking about spammers(noob saibot, new raiden users, and a few others) lao cant out spam them. And if you cant counter laos teleport you're terrible. I'm a lao player and I hardly ever use it because its a free uppercut a lot of the time. If a lao player is spinning a lot stand back and spam until you force him to quit, and DASH in instead of jumping. It can still work but his spin in punishable now. Im not denying he's good but they have cut him out of his own tier.

Destro
08-17-2011, 04:46 PM
he was even worse? WOW... good to know. But downgrading an over-overpower character to a simply overpower character is not the best way.

Maybe a super strong player may take down a "good" Lao user, but when you put an average vs another average, the Lao have all the advantage.

lknockton92
08-17-2011, 05:15 PM
Hmmmm, I would have to disagree! I think the Story of this Mortal Kombat is all over the place, but I believe it is still fun all round and successfully brings the game into next-gen.

It has sold close to 3 million copies! It must be good :D Although not quite as good as UMK3 :P....

RedDragon4275
08-17-2011, 05:22 PM
Hmmmm, I would have to disagree! I think the Story of this Mortal Kombat is all over the place, but I believe it is still fun all round and successfully brings the game into next-gen.

It has sold close to 3 million copies! It must be good :D Although not quite as good as UMK3 :P....

In my opinion it's better than UMK3.

Have you actually played it? I would assume you have seeing as how you know about the Story mode, but then also not because you say "It must be good" like you haven't.

crow74
08-17-2011, 06:19 PM
Best fix for Kung Lao would be to remove some of his move set's, i hope they don't as iv just started to us KL an really enjoying him :)

regulus pr
08-17-2011, 08:04 PM
I would hate a remake but I would hate a lot more another game, why would I buy another mortal kombat, because it has one new, damn character?....no.

Let them keep giving us great dlc, like shinnok, Tanya i think she appears in a cameo next to shao kahn in the colloseum.(I HATE HER GUTS BUT ITS BETTER THAN A NEW GAME).

Am i the only fan that can say this sentence? : I am very grateful about the free costumes, they have been very fair and original, who expected freddy??? i love that s&%&$ !

A new DLC with new story and characters yeah that will be a awesome buy, but a NEW GAME ? YO Dude's : I am just not waiting 2 more years, for Shinnok's hairy a#%, I can't even wait 20 minutes for breakfast.

Destro
08-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Well its certainly not better than MKT back in its time. Its funny how people always mention UMK3 but MKT was actually a way improved version. Of course depend on the version you had UMK3, as the SNES version was closer to Trilogy with a bunch more char than the arcade/xbox live version.

But to get back on this, i have some rage over that MK, i feel like they screwed up making something great and having enough doing something "good". They never tought about the average players, just giving them the option to be cheap spammers, wich is not really good. In MK3 back then, i learned a few characters combo and special moves and then i could be good at the game, now in this one learning a character is actually harder than passing a final test in university cause you got more stuff to remember...

RedDragon4275
08-17-2011, 09:10 PM
Well its certainly not better than MKT back in its time. Its funny how people always mention UMK3 but MKT was actually a way improved version. Of course depend on the version you had UMK3, as the SNES version was closer to Trilogy with a bunch more char than the arcade/xbox live version.

But to get back on this, i have some rage over that MK, i feel like they screwed up making something great and having enough doing something "good". They never tought about the average players, just giving them the option to be cheap spammers, wich is not really good. In MK3 back then, i learned a few characters combo and special moves and then i could be good at the game, now in this one learning a character is actually harder than passing a final test in university cause you got more stuff to remember...

I don't really think that the makers of MK have ever NOT thought about their customers. If they didn't think about customers, they would pretty much not be here today you know? It's just bad business design.

Learning a Character really isn't that hard. You can literally learn Combos for a character with in 10 minutes if you actually try. I know Combos for Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, and Reptile. I have no problems remembering any of them.

Are the Combo's Longer? Absolutely. They also feel more rewarding and they're actually fun to pull off though.

Destro
08-17-2011, 11:34 PM
They are too complicated, you have to look online to know the combination of buttons, then you have to link several special moves with button combination, all with a good timing... I tried man, i know how to pop people in the air with Quan Chi, yet if i manage to get some decent combos in practice, in the fire of the moment of an online match i can never do them. Thats why i say im just average at this game, and it seem NRS forgot about giving the option to use ground attacks for us. We are stuck with pif paf pow all the time, 3 hit combos and thats it.

RedDragon4275
08-17-2011, 11:55 PM
They are too complicated, you have to look online to know the combination of buttons, then you have to link several special moves with button combination, all with a good timing... I tried man, i know how to pop people in the air with Quan Chi, yet if i manage to get some decent combos in practice, in the fire of the moment of an online match i can never do them. Thats why i say im just average at this game, and it seem NRS forgot about giving the option to use ground attacks for us. We are stuck with pif paf pow all the time, 3 hit combos and thats it.

No offense, but it seems to me you really just haven't practiced it enough. It's very simple. All it takes it timing. Pretty much all "Average" players are able to do very well with the Combo system.

FOXmasler
08-18-2011, 12:22 AM
he was even worse? WOW... good to know. But downgrading an over-overpower character to a simply overpower character is not the best way.

Maybe a super strong player may take down a "good" Lao user, but when you put an average vs another average, the Lao have all the advantage.

Alright keep whining, dont just deal with it. Lao is 100% BEATABLe if you keep on whining ill be forced to assume that, to quote shao kahn, YOU SUCK!

regulus pr
08-18-2011, 07:45 AM

Cyber- subzero is one of the sickest new character's they have ever created.... or would you have preferred, Meat?, Mokap?, Daegon ? Drahmin? or maybe even Hsu Hao?.
You know , people whined a lot about "SMOKE", said he was the biggest "copycat" but because of that whining, they made him this "Emo", which sincerely I find cool. But is also not the smoke i was raised with, Why not whine that there is not a cyber smoke costume, they might add him if they see haters whining about that.

No offense, but it seems to me you really just haven't practiced it enough. It's very simple. All it takes it timing. Pretty much all "Average" players are able to do very well with the Combo system.

I Agree!, it is extremely comfortable, the best there has ever been, no 3d MK game has been this good.

Alright keep whining, dont just deal with it. Lao is 100% BEATABLe if you keep on whining ill be forced to assume that, to quote shao kahn, YOU SUCK!

I agree, If they whine, then why do they play it? its really weird.

Lordvader178
08-18-2011, 09:01 AM

Lag dosen't really effect Sheeva's stomp, you have to to know when to dodge. If Sheeva jumps, and she is off-screen, and you try to avoid when she is off-screen, you WILL get hit. You HAVE to avoid as she comes down because you can't avoid her when you don't. Go test it out know if you want.

Also, yes Lao is bad but he's not THAT bad anymore. He's still OP tier but he is just barely holding his position there. Him having a move isn't really a problem, it's the fact his moves are so very hard to counter when you block them. He's an excellent character and with all his options yes he's top tier but like I said that's not what makes him unbalanced. Of course his spin has priority over combo'sv every special move does. The only thing that makes the spin better is because there's no frames where you can hit him out of it. Also, the spin is MEANT to be an anti-air, that's the whole point. It focuses on countering all AA attempts and it should never be used on it's own on the ground so any player using it to counter an AA attempt is using it entirely correctly. I entirely understand why you think Lao is so powerful. I did at one point but he's been nerfed SO much that's he's not the super character he once was. You have to realise that Lao players can be countered as long as you don't let them pressure you. If a Lao player can't maintain pressure then there's really nothing he can do to win if you are good enough.

Also, the only reason Lao players jump is to dive kick. Ever. It's punishable on block so every time you see a Lao player jump just block it.

People need to stop whining about Lao, he USED to be overpowered but they've patched him way down. He's still top tier but there are several characters at his level now(Raiden,mileena,scorpion, kitana, shang tsung and ermac) Of course im talking about those characters when used by good people, if you're talking about spammers(noob saibot, new raiden users, and a few others) lao cant out spam them. And if you cant counter laos teleport you're terrible. I'm a lao player and I hardly ever use it because its a free uppercut a lot of the time. If a lao player is spinning a lot stand back and spam until you force him to quit, and DASH in instead of jumping. It can still work but his spin in punishable now. Im not denying he's good but they have cut him out of his own tier.

Ehhhh I see where you are coming from but Lao still is OP. Not by a HUGE amount but he does have an advantage over most, if not all characters. Also there's no way Shang Tsung, Ermac and ESPECIALLY Scorpion are at Lao's level. Scorpion is like mid tier and there's nothing he can really do against Lao or any of the characters you mentioned at a competitive level.

About his spin, it is punishable but it pushes both players back so the only way to actually punish it is with a 6 frame special or faster. It DOES need to be nerfed, but only in the way of reducing pushback. This will stop players being able to use it willy nilly and will force players to play a good Lao instead of a spam one which I think we can all agree is a good thing.

I'm a terrible player and even I can pull off 35%+ combo's with almost every character so I agree with your statement. The combo system is almost laughably easy to learn but very hard to master with the timing.

My friend dosen't even have MK, I taught him a standard Sub-Zero BnB and 5 minutes later he was pulling off awesome combo's that even I hand't seen before. If you can learn combo's within 5 minutes of playing then that means this game has done something right.

Complaining about the combo system in this game is just appaling IMO. Being shit at the game means you're shit and you need to get better, it has nothing to do with how the game plays.

Destro
08-18-2011, 03:14 PM
Kung Lao is definately OP, maybe they nerf him down like you say, but still, add to all his special moves that he has a combo where he hit hight-low wich make it way harder to block. He is also one of the few characters to have a 4-5 hit ground combo...

As for Sheeva stomp, i didn't know, thanks for the info

As for combos, maybe its because i use the wrong characters, but i refuse to use characters i don't like cause they are easier to learn, and yet i think in the moment of the game its already hard to put a combo, as many special moves will keep you to a distance and all, when characters start with a pop up its pain in the ass. Maybe i lost the touch of the MK games, like i used to, but i can assure you i far from suck, and my offer is still valide to VS anybody here(sonicmarc seem to have disapear) as long as the BIG games are not out yet(cause after that, ciao MK for a while) I manage to hold my ground, and sometimes beat peoples doing long aerials combo, but i got to admit i spam to some degree the special moves, wich i am not proud of myself but its the only way i can do something to win.

I could try to lean Kung Lao but i refuse to low myself to that standard... Anyway to tell you the truth im waiting to get some money then ill get Rain, i want to develope him the best i can, since i can't go farther with Quan Chi(his teleport stomping is WAYYYY too slow, guy can finish off his move and still block it even if i start the move as he start his) So Rain is my last hope, as i like other char(johnny, sonya, kitana etc) but never can be that good with them... As for Raiden, he is just a counter-spammer of low grade... useless against good players(they will just block all the time)

So i do hope Rain is good....

edit

Cyber- subzero is one of the sickest new character's they have ever created.... or would you have preferred, Meat?, Mokap?, Daegon ? Drahmin? or maybe even Hsu Hao?.

Huh Drahmin was my main in Armageddon so YEAH i would had take him, with open arms before a robot subzero. At this point, then robotise Scorpion too just for the sake of making another robot out of a ninja, you know the "palette swap" version of MK3... And Reptile... or Ermac... who knows... Maybe turn Rain into Hydro... oh sorry its almost done with the costume... he just switch his purple color for a blue one...

Anyway... Mokap, Meat where joke characters, Deagon and and Taven where the bad part of Armageddon(even if its my favorite MK) and Hsu Hao is just... huh... i wont even comment on him... But Frost is awesome, one of the best new stuff from DA, and it bothers me she got remove cause they fear there will be too much ice characters because of a character that wasen't even existing in the first place.... May i remember you Frost was second in the voting after Rain... When you think about, its not like there is not a bunch of character using other elements... fire there is scorpion, sektor, freddy(from what i saw, i don't own him) and Liu Kang... yet they manage to make them different. Frost could be awesome...

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Huh Drahmin was my main in Armageddon so YEAH i would had take him, with open arms before a robot subzero. At this point, then robotise Scorpion too just for the sake of making another robot out of a ninja, you know the "palette swap" version of MK3... And Reptile... or Ermac... who knows... Maybe turn Rain into Hydro... oh sorry its almost done with the costume... he just switch his purple color for a blue one...

Anyway... Mokap, Meat where joke characters, Deagon and and Taven where the bad part of Armageddon(even if its my favorite MK) and Hsu Hao is just... huh... i wont even comment on him... But Frost is awesome, one of the best new stuff from DA, and it bothers me she got remove cause they fear there will be too much ice characters because of a character that wasen't even existing in the first place.... May i remember you Frost was second in the voting after Rain... When you think about, its not like there is not a bunch of character using other elements... fire there is scorpion, sektor, freddy(from what i saw, i don't own him) and Liu Kang... yet they manage to make them different. Frost could be awesome...

The thing is, they can't make the other Ninja's into Robots... The other Ninja's aren't Lin Kuei. The Lin Kuei are the ONLY Ninja's that get turned into Cyborgs. Sektor and Cyrax were the first Lin Kuei warriors to be turned. Smoke and Sub-Zero were supposed to be next. Originally, when trying to get away, Smoke was caught. With the new Story-line, Raiden stops Smoke from being caught and so they catch Sub-Zero instead. It completely makes sense. Quite frankly though, I think at this point Frost would still be a bit young to be able to fight in Mortal Kombat. Granted, I'm not actually sure how old she is, but I really don't think she's as old/older than Sub-Zero and is younger.

Destro
08-18-2011, 05:07 PM
I hate when you explain everything like i never played the game or you simply take me for an idiot... :confused:

I KNOW ALL OF THIS

Yet they didn't need to robotise anymore characters, and they did it only to please the casual fans to give them another subzero.

As for Frost, maybe she could be a bit young sure, but Ayane fight in DOA at 16... so why not.

dakisbac
08-18-2011, 05:10 PM
The thing is, they can't make the other Ninja's into Robots... The other Ninja's aren't Lin Kuei. The Lin Kuei are the ONLY Ninja's that get turned into Cyborgs. Sektor and Cyrax were the first Lin Kuei warriors to be turned. Smoke and Sub-Zero were supposed to be next. Originally, when trying to get away, Smoke was caught. With the new Story-line, Raiden stops Smoke from being caught and so they catch Sub-Zero instead. It completely makes sense. Quite frankly though, I think at this point Frost would still be a bit young to be able to fight in Mortal Kombat. Granted, I'm not actually sure how old she is, but I really don't think she's as old/older than Sub-Zero and is younger.

Even if it wouldn't make canonical sense to make the other ninjas robots I still agree that it would be pretty cool.

As for Frost, I'm almost certain she is younger than Sub-Zero. She was introduced in Deadly Alliance where we can see that Sub is actually pretty old.

Destro
08-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Sub is pretty old but look at Johnny, Sonya or Liu Kang(in cinematic) they all look the same age pretty much as in other MK, i think making sub that old was just an artistic choice, or even maybe we mistake what they wanted to look like snow in his head for white hair... lol i dunno, thing is sub look 30 or less in MK3, and he look 50 in DA... when Sonya and Cage look the same. Therefore we can't really say he is that old. DA is supose to be 10 years after the original MK by the timeline...

Therefore yeah front would probably be 15-16... yet i think she could fight... At least make her pass the cut for the sequel... at least.

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 06:12 PM
Sub is pretty old but look at Johnny, Sonya or Liu Kang(in cinematic) they all look the same age pretty much as in other MK, i think making sub that old was just an artistic choice, or even maybe we mistake what they wanted to look like snow in his head for white hair... lol i dunno, thing is sub look 30 or less in MK3, and he look 50 in DA... when Sonya and Cage look the same. Therefore we can't really say he is that old. DA is supose to be 10 years after the original MK by the timeline...

Therefore yeah front would probably be 15-16... yet i think she could fight... At least make her pass the cut for the sequel... at least.

Who's to say that they're all the same age though? Sub-Zero could already be 35-40 in Mortal Kombat 2/3. I would say that the snow on head thing would be valid, but what about the looks of his aged face? :P

If Frost was 15-16, I would say she could fight too. But who's to say that she was even that old in MK1/2/3?

Even if it wouldn't make canonical sense to make the other ninjas robots I still agree that it would be pretty cool.

I really have to disagree. That would SERIOUSLY bug me if they made ALL the Ninja's into Robots. It's just a matter of opinion though I suppose.

Destro
08-18-2011, 06:15 PM
All speculations, therefore all could be valid, so if they want, they can. I think Sub's face was to make him look like a GRAND MASTER for the purpose of the game. We don't know Frost age, or sub or any other characters mostly, but if boon want, he can, nobody will start complaining cause "she should be too young"

she even fight in the backrgound so well

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 06:19 PM
All speculations, therefore all could be valid, so if they want, they can. I think Sub's face was to make him look like a GRAND MASTER for the purpose of the game. We don't know Frost age, or sub or any other characters mostly, but if boon want, he can, nobody will start complaining cause "she should be too young"

she even fight in the backrgound so well

Who's to say that's actually her though? :P I seem to recall many more Lin Kuei Ice Throwing Warriors from the Challenge Tower. They could have Female's with the same color too.

According to MK-Wiki though, Sub-Zero is 32, Johnny is 29, and Sonya is 26.

Destro
08-18-2011, 06:25 PM
Well its the same haircut, same hair color and same look... if its not her, its a clone of her... anyway your just trying to be picky to be picky, for a lack of a better word.

So if we follow wiki, does sub and johnny look like they have 3 years difference in DA? don't think so... they just screwed up a bit here, but its no big deal so who cares...

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Well its the same haircut, same hair color and same look... if its not her, its a clone of her... anyway your just trying to be picky to be picky, for a lack of a better word.

So if we follow wiki, does sub and johnny look like they have 3 years difference in DA? don't think so... they just screwed up a bit here, but its no big deal so who cares...

I'm not being Picky. I'm giving you an Alternate view of it. I'm not saying it's NOT her in the Background. I'm just saying you don't really know.

Do you really think Johnny would let himself get old though? He's a Movie Star dude. Plastic Surgery Ring a bell? :P

Destro
08-18-2011, 09:58 PM
Ok right now you remind me of a friend who used to say Resident Evil was going on in 2 alternative universe, that it was some kind of parrallele word or i don't know, when in the end the game just let you choosed wich character you wanted to play for replay value, and if you want to annalyse the RE storyline, you incompore some aspect of both the playtrough and bingo.

A plastic surgery johnny cage, a Frost copycat, next you gonna say that probably Mileena had a boob job done in outworld... :drunk

LOL time to go back to being serious...

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Ok right now you remind me of a friend who used to say Resident Evil was going on in 2 alternative universe, that it was some kind of parrallele word or i don't know, when in the end the game just let you choosed wich character you wanted to play for replay value, and if you want to annalyse the RE storyline, you incompore some aspect of both the playtrough and bingo.

A plastic surgery johnny cage, a Frost copycat, next you gonna say that probably Mileena had a boob job done in outworld... :drunk

LOL time to go back to being serious...

Well.. For 1... This MK IS an alternate time line.

And 2... A Movie Star getting Plastic Surgery is NOT out of the question.

Look at Lin Kuei Warriors in the Challenge Tower... They all look like Sub-Zero. What would be wrong with Female's looking like Frost?

Just sayin'.

Destro
08-18-2011, 10:10 PM
What you expect, they would make special rendition of every Random lin kuei warriors? Thecnically the Lin Kuei are supose to all be grey. They even screwed the Lin Kuei story as it was said they where all supose to be masked and subzero unmasking was defying the lin kuei tradition. Therefore Cyrax and Sektor human.... screwed up.

As for Cage, he may be cocky, but he is not a .... well i was going to say the word again.... AHEM i will let you insert it yourself....

And its not an alternate universe, its actually going back to the past, or Raiden see the futur, whatever, but its the same universe, sure at different time period, but its the old back to the futur scenario....

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 10:13 PM
What you expect, they would make special rendition of every Random lin kuei warriors? Thecnically the Lin Kuei are supose to all be grey. They even screwed the Lin Kuei story as it was said they where all supose to be masked and subzero unmasking was defying the lin kuei tradition. Therefore Cyrax and Sektor human.... screwed up.

As for Cage, he may be cocky, but he is not a .... well i was going to say the word again.... AHEM i will let you insert it yourself....

And its not an alternate universe, its actually going back to the past, or Raiden see the futur, whatever, but its the same universe, sure at different time period, but its the old back to the futur scenario....

I didn't say it's a different universe. I said it's a different Timeline.

As for Cage, I'm not exactly sure what you're implying...

Destro
08-18-2011, 10:14 PM
Then why you comment on my post talking about alternative universe?

And you know damn well what i wanted to say for Cage... ;)

RedDragon4275
08-18-2011, 10:15 PM
Then why you comment on my post talking about alternative universe?

And you know damn well what i wanted to say for Cage... ;)

Because I was commenting that it's a different Time line...

And no, I don't know what you want to say about Cage. He's an Actor. People in Show Business get Plastic Surgery all the time.