PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
02-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Discuss the achievements in this thread!

Dport
02-12-2009, 05:04 AM
I think it is good that there are only 2 online achievements this year, so it seems like it will be a good list. The beat a 2k one seems like it could be difficult unless someone will let you beat them, because I know I'm not that good online so it might be impossible for me :(

eldavido13
02-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Looks like a great list, nothing retardedly hard, only a few online achievements. I just hope the game is good. I still can't wait for this exclusive rights contract to be done so EA can jump into the fold again. Or maybe Microsoft can get off their asses and make a MLB baseball game.

The Toope
02-14-2009, 01:51 AM
I'm just hoping the online play is much improved over last year's iteration. That'll be the big selling point for me. If it works, I'm all over this game and those achievements.

Tailz
02-14-2009, 01:53 AM
It's hard to make online baseball games good because of the way the pitching is. I find it very hard because people always throw the ball off the plate so its hard to make contact alot of the time.

The Toope
02-14-2009, 01:55 AM
Yeah that's the problem I had with 2k8, you had to swing before you had a chance to look at the pitch, so everyone always threw it off the plate and you could never hit it. Here's to hoping it might be fixed one day.:drunk

RPDfire
02-16-2009, 04:32 AM
A free 150 GS for gettin the achieves sweet

Troyan
02-16-2009, 05:03 PM
God.. i need 2 have this game... i hope this one will be better that the 2k8

raptor_256
02-18-2009, 01:53 AM
lets hope that a second controller can be used. a little soft toss for those home run achievements wouldn't hurt. and the no hitters, and strike out ones.

but most importantly lets hope it comes out in australia

Eric4Hockey
02-19-2009, 01:24 AM
could you do that in 2k8? in regards to having 2nd controller and whatnot? if so then im getting the 'man crush' one outta the way first thing and then the steals in one game ones

SilverSluggerMZ
02-20-2009, 08:23 AM
SilverSluggerMZ -- add me for a good game or achievement swapping for this game :)

irift3
02-25-2009, 04:13 AM
Wow! I really like the achievements! I absolutely loved MLB 2K8 when it came out. I was able to put aside the frame rate issues and all the other little bugs. I play franchise all the time so it is good to see that there are a lot of achievements towards those who really like to play the game. Online play is easy once you figure out how much of a delay there is between each pitch.

OMOXO
03-03-2009, 05:12 PM
I found one of the secret achievements.Its get an RBI with a Pitcher.I just don't no how to attach the gamerpic so if I could get credit atleat that would be cool.

OMOXO
03-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Well somone already posted them n didnt no sry

rampage198
03-04-2009, 05:15 AM
does anyone know if there are difficulty level restrictions?

CAFF31N3
03-04-2009, 07:04 AM

restrictions as far as what? you're missing a big part of your question there man...

Du Werk
03-04-2009, 02:11 PM

No restrictions; in fact you can customize your difficulty sliders and easily get lots of the achievements...it will disable your abillity to get trading cards. But No the difficulty is not a factor for now

l InFamousDj l
03-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Im up for boosting any ach online (Ranked) plus I need some help figuring out how to strike people out like some people on these forums are talking about.. I have Cubs 0'd out and the Redsox maxed out and B4 you ask Yes I took CC from the spankees. So if anyone wants to boost hit me up GT= A 2rue Dj

pr1nyc1
03-07-2009, 03:07 AM
I love the Boston fans that are winning more than the Yankees and they still waste their time trashing the Yankees. Goes to show u that you're used to looking up to us.

l InFamousDj l
03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Only thing your looking at is a JUICED up hurt 3rd baseman the highest payroll in the MLB and haven't been to a world series in how long? I don't care about the 26 you have chime up when you win a next one. Plus ive been a redsox fan since 86 when I felt bad for them losing to the Mets... the whole Buckner thing remember? another thing nice first post you attack a member.

DeadlyPetingZoo
03-08-2009, 09:32 PM
lol I really do love how Red Sox fans go all out on Yankee hater icons. Such as this Red Sox's fans site picture and signature. You can't even start to complain that we have the highest payroll either. Boston's is pretty high to and the sad thing is JD Drew is the highest paid. At least we give one of the best players in the game the most money. As for you "juiced up" arguement, 85% athletes have taken steroids before. Most basbeball players in the 90's and early 00's included. Steroid policy wasn't anywhere near strict in those times. Thats the reason why the MLB wanted to do that drug screening test to see how much of an influence it had on players. If that whole list was to be released im sure you would see more surprising names on it. The only reason why Alex's name was released was because obviously someone was interested in gaining alot of money and not caring about player confidenitality. Lastly, for your World Series comment. Although the Yankees haven't made it to the World Series since 03 we still have been fairly consistent. Our team chemistry has been off and I believe that is the reason why. A major part of winning championships is chemistry. For example the 98 Yankees. Nobody expected them to have the best record in MLB history, there were no huge, out of this world names. Yet they did. After all these distractions possibly this year or the next the Yankees will make it to the World Series. So for all Red Sox fans...please crawl under a rock because as Yankee fans we will always have a better arguement. Its just sad to see that the Red Sox wish they were the Yankees

l InFamousDj l
03-08-2009, 10:22 PM
with the economy so bad I wouldn't take a million dollar job with the Yankee's, just like you prob wouldn't want to work for the Redsox! You can argue the whole I wanna be a Yankee crap but truthfully I would rather be a man with 1 testicle first! Hmmm first guy had 1 post and now you have 4 post... Next time why dont you guys add something to the thread not the trash your bringing!

DeadlyPetingZoo
03-09-2009, 01:10 AM
It seems as if you let your ego and balls go ahead of your head. With the state of the economy I would take a 1 million dollar job with any team including a Red Sox. Working for a team and being a fan of a team is two different things. You could ask Red Sox's own Jonathan Papelbon what thats like. He grew up loving the Yankees, yet when presented a contract from the Red Sox he signed it. As for my four posts that doesn't mean anything. I just like to pinpoint the ignorant people who enjoy talking trash about other teams when they themselves don't know the facts.

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-09-2009, 01:49 AM
does anyone know if you can pick up achivements while playing local 2 player?

l InFamousDj l
03-09-2009, 02:25 AM
It seems as if you let your ego and balls go ahead of your head. With the state of the economy I would take a 1 million dollar job with any team including a Red Sox. Working for a team and being a fan of a team is two different things. You could ask Red Sox's own Jonathan Papelbon what thats like. He grew up loving the Yankees, yet when presented a contract from the Red Sox he signed it. As for my four posts that doesn't mean anything. I just like to pinpoint the ignorant people who enjoy talking trash about other teams when they themselves don't know the facts.

I didn't say anything about the Yankees till someone attacked me. Im entitled to having a sig right? just because someone doesn't like it doesn't give them the green light to attack me....So if you wanna put the Redsox suck in your sig...props to u but im keeping mine. Im done arguing as well you think your talking to an ignorant infant and that is far from the truth. So i will take the high road like an adult and bow out. Redsox 2009

pokerpro619
03-10-2009, 09:26 PM
does anyone know i u can unlock the trading cards while playing online ranked nd can any achievements be done in online exhibiton/play with a friend?

SengIV
03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
does anyone know i u can unlock the trading cards while playing online ranked nd can any achievements be done in online exhibiton/play with a friend?

Yes you can unlock cards in a Ranked Match.

floridafan765
03-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Theres a lot of Yankee/Red Sox talk in here and im not sure why because it's all about the Marlins!! And to stay on subject this game does have a good list of achievements that aren't to easy or ridiculously hard.

SengIV
03-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Theres a lot of Yankee/Red Sox talk in here and im not sure why because it's all about the Marlins!! And to stay on subject this game does have a good list of achievements that aren't to easy or ridiculously hard.

I used to be a Marlins fan. But I converted to Yankeeism.

Anyways. Alot of the achievements are easy. But alot are hard and time consuming also.

KewlBrettC
03-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Well I think the Spread the Wealth achievement is glitched

CozierZebra
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to get these steal achievements, and as I'm playing around with the sliders, under the Running tab, there are two I'm a little confused by. The lower sliders are Pickoff Success and Catcher Throw-out Success. Is that the rate of success their pitcher will have in picking off my runner, and success their catcher will have throwing out my runner?

plimpdaddy
03-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Has anyone had problems with the spread the wealth cheeve unlocking? I now atleast have 2 players on each page and still no cheeve

pokerpro619
03-15-2009, 05:26 PM
i stil havent got the 100k achievement even though i looked at the classic card i hav 105k's out of 120k's like WTF!@#$%^&*()????????

orange20
03-19-2009, 03:07 AM
does anyone kno if you can unlock chieves with local multiplayer?

nauticahybrid
03-19-2009, 03:17 AM
same problem i'm having... i also have the 110 HR card but no achievement! hmmm!?!?! lol

nauticahybrid
03-19-2009, 03:19 AM
does anyone kno if you can unlock chieves with local multiplayer?

i don't believe so, i've played plenty of games locally and have gotten nothing from it

The Clutch Hand
03-19-2009, 09:43 AM
anyone looking to boost send me a pm or xbl message

SengIV
03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
anyone looking to boost send me a pm or xbl message

The achievement TRADING thread is there for a reason.

Midnight Malice
03-21-2009, 01:31 PM
Some of the achievements are glitched. I had every card from the Orioles unlocked for a while... Not cause I played as them, but cause I beat up on them.... a lot... and the teamwork achievement unlocked during the end of a franchise game Braves vs Phillies I double checked my cards, and the Orioles were still the only team I had completly unlocked.... Just save your game, franchise and user profile, that should (hopefully) unlock what you need. If it doesn't, save everything, go to the dashboard then reload the game... that has been said to work for other games that use user profiles.

aziz16
04-09-2009, 12:39 AM
some of the acievements are glitched though cuz i didnt get the 40 homers or 100 rbi in one season even though i played 20 games

MCK0OKEY
04-21-2009, 02:17 PM
Last night I had the bases loaded with Ichiro on first base...I needed one more stolen base to unlock his card, so I put on the triple steal. The CPU was so confused, the catcher just stood there, and Josh Hamilton stole home.

I don't know if this is reproducible, but was an easy way to get the steal home achieve. :-)

MCK0OKEY
04-21-2009, 02:18 PM
some of the acievements are glitched though cuz i didnt get the 40 homers or 100 rbi in one season even though i played 20 games

Same happened to me...from reading other posts, it sounds like you have to play the last game of the regular season, and last game of the world series if you're simming.

I'm playing through my second season now to try for these.

pdm0376
05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Yeah so I did the postseason mode and played the final game like the guide said. No achievement unlocked. That's the 4th time something on the guide didn't work. I'll just play it all the way through the brackets next time. That'll for sure unlock it.

AftershockFx
05-14-2009, 08:01 PM
I unlocked all 320 cards and got no achievement for it. I've tried reloading my user profile and restarting the game with no luck. The all pitchers and batters achievements unlocked but, not the 320 card one :mad:

Tyler282514
05-15-2009, 12:45 AM
I unlocked all 320 cards and got no achievement for it. I've tried reloading my user profile and restarting the game with no luck. The all pitchers and batters achievements unlocked but, not the 320 card one :mad:

That is unfortunate. I unlocked all the cards and got the achievement.

Despite all the achievement glitches I have 1000/1000 in this game.

pr1nyc1
05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Yo "The Clutch Hand", thats a hot signature bro.

SPOOKY0220
07-09-2009, 12:01 AM
has anyone had a problem with unlocking the classic card Johnny Bench for 155 HR then not seeing the next card in the list? It just keeps the Johnny Bench Card, saying its unlocked, in the list when i play a game. The next card (Jackson) does not appear in the list.
Help?

WhiteShadow8953
07-21-2009, 06:36 PM
has anyone had a problem with unlocking the classic card Johnny Bench for 155 HR then not seeing the next card in the list? It just keeps the Johnny Bench Card, saying its unlocked, in the list when i play a game. The next card (Jackson) does not appear in the list.
Help?

yea mine did the same thing, but the cards still continued to unlock and i got the full 1000

Vandel Buster
06-05-2010, 06:11 AM
I feel like pointing out a less risky method of earning Unhittable and Untouchable.

- Edit a team to be really sucky at everything, but with max stealing aggressiveness.
- Edit a pitcher to be really good especially with pickoffs.
- Intentionally walk the batters and pick them off at first or second base for the whole game.
- Bam. No-hitter and 2 achievements.