PDA

View Full Version : transfer songs...

crazyashdll57
02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
i heard there is supposed to be song like enter sandman, say it aint so, and so on...i didnt get any of the good songs just this stupid southern rock shit (and fortunately the timmy song) has anyone else had this problem or are there supposed to be any good songs on the transfer?

bob150
02-02-2009, 10:09 PM
i heard there is supposed to be song like enter sandman, say it aint so, and so on...i didnt get any of the good songs just this stupid southern rock shit (and fortunately the timmy song) has anyone else had this problem or are there supposed to be any good songs on the transfer?

If you transferred songs from RB1 to use on RB2 you should get all 56 songs plus bonus songs except, Enter Sandman, Run To The Hills and Monsoon

crazyashdll57
02-02-2009, 10:11 PM
so i dont get enter sandman? idk why the fuck i got it then...i was told it was supposed to be kick ass

TwistedFate
02-02-2009, 10:14 PM
First WTF are you talking about?

If you are trying to transfer songs into RB2 from RB1 there are 3 that won't transfer and Enter Sandman is one of them. If this is what you are talking about, press 1 now.

If you are playing RB1 and wondering where some songs are, like nearly every other game on the market, you have to unlock them by playing through the lower levels first. If this is what you are talking about, press 2 now.

Regardless, proper punctuation and sentence structure would have gotten you a better answer and less ridicule. You are from PA and last time I checked, they speak proper English there.

bob150
02-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Cool thanks for clearing that up for me

SebastianSB
02-03-2009, 05:44 PM
he's from the US. there are only 54 tracks on our version of RB1. The songs that don't transfer are:

- Enter Sandman by Metallica
- Paranoid by Black Sabbath (cover)
- Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden (cover)
- Monsoon by Tokio Hotel (UK version only - its DLC for USA and works fine in RB2)

Just a small thing: We actually export 55 songs off the disc here in the US (there are 58 total on it).

loozered
02-03-2009, 11:28 PM
he's from the US. there are only 54 tracks on our version of RB1. The songs that don't transfer are:

- Enter Sandman by Metallica
- Paranoid by Black Sabbath (cover)
- Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden (cover)
- Monsoon by Tokio Hotel (UK version only - its DLC for USA and works fine in RB2)
not UK, you mean in all EU versions. You know.. that's why they were called EUROPEAN EXCLUSIVE! But you know, whatever. Ignorance is bliss and all that.

SebastianSB
02-04-2009, 12:34 AM
... oh wait i meant "North American version". Cause they get it in Canada and Mexico too. :rolleyes:

That's actually a pretty good point. Whenever a game comes out first in North America the brits are always fine bitching about how the "yanks" get it first.

loozered
02-04-2009, 01:16 AM
eh. UK == EU as far as I'm concerned.
1) it's pretty rare for Europeans that AREN'T from the UK posting on English language websites in my experience. Occasionally see a German, but not nearly as often as people from the UK.
2) it's pretty rare in my understanding for different countries in the EU to get different versions of the game.

Anyways, no need to be a cock about it. So I said UK instead of EU. Big deal. Europe is practically one country these days anyway. It's not about ignorance, it's about not giving a damn. Would you get your panties in a knot if I referred to it as England or Great Brittan instead of United Kingdom too?

And you'd prefer to nitpick my post despite that the important information was essentially correct (ie. which songs are not exportable). So, whatever. It's not like it matters at all. TC is American, not European.
No, i'm sorry, there's definite reason to be a cock.
Europe is NOT one fucking country. It's a continent, comprised of over 60 countries. I cannot believe that someone can be that ignorant and xenophobic.
And also, England IS NOT Great Britain, nor United Kingdom. England is one of the FOUR countries that make up the UK.

I'm so fucking infuriating by your post i can't even find the words for it.

SebastianSB
02-04-2009, 02:07 AM
No, i'm sorry, there's definite reason to be a cock.
Europe is NOT one fucking country. It's a continent, comprised of over 60 countries. I cannot believe that someone can be that ignorant and xenophobic.
And also, England IS NOT Great Britain, nor United Kingdom. England is one of the FOUR countries that make up the UK.

I'm so fucking infuriating by your post i can't even find the words for it.

Dude...calm down. It's not like he's dumb enough to actually believe the crap you just said. On gaming forums UK and EU are often used interchangeably...why? Because in general anything that happens with gaming in UK happens to the rest of EU and the vast majority of the people on this (english language) site from EU are from the UK. You don't see Canadians getting pissed off because they hear "US Version" or "Stateside Release."

loozered
02-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Man, you're like the worst kind of person.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean that it doesn't matter. And not only that, you should fucking care and educate yourself rather than just pertain this overt arrogance and ignorance throughout all your posts.

SebastianSB
02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Man, you're like the worst kind of person.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean that it doesn't matter. And not only that, you should fucking care and educate yourself rather than just pertain this overt arrogance and ignorance throughout all your posts.

Using interchangeable terms is hardly ignorance, and whether you like it or not that's exactly what they are here.

loozered
02-04-2009, 03:28 PM
Using interchangeable terms is hardly ignorance, and whether you like it or not that's exactly what they are here.
That's my bleeding point! They AREN'T interchangeable terms! They're completely different!

hartlekd
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
That's my bleeding point! They AREN'T interchangeable terms! They're completely different!

OK but you can atleast admit that the European Union has instituted laws allowing you all to live and work interchangably in any country in Europe basically making it work similar to a larger country such as the USA or the old Soviet Union.

Many small countries acting like "states or providences" under one larger governing body.

Also educate me what are the 4 countries making up the United Kingdom? England, Ireland & Scottland right? Also I assume Northern Ireland is counted seperatly thus making up the 4th one.

bob150
02-05-2009, 12:55 AM
The UK is England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales.

Of course, you can't forget Wales. Now matter how much everyone would like to.

SebastianSB
02-05-2009, 01:41 AM

As far as the gaming world is concerned, yes they are.

loozered
02-05-2009, 12:20 PM
OK but you can atleast admit that the European Union has instituted laws allowing you all to live and work interchangably in any country in Europe basically making it work similar to a larger country such as the USA or the old Soviet Union.

Many small countries acting like "states or providences" under one larger governing body.

Also educate me what are the 4 countries making up the United Kingdom? England, Ireland & Scottland right? Also I assume Northern Ireland is counted seperatly thus making up the 4th one.
You're sort of right with the first bit, but it's not as easy as you make it out. It's still very seperate countries, and that's especially the perception here in the UK. Every country still has it's own government that decides on their own laws, and there's not actually that much that's enforced by the EU across the whole of Europe.
And further on that, the European Union is only 27 countries, therefore less than half of the entirity of Europe. So it's not "every country."

Sebastian: check this - http://www.xbox360achievements.org/games/Retail/
There's a number of games on there that are specific for different European regions. For example, Bioshock has a German version that's different from the UK one, and Hot Wheels has a French-exclusive version.

Also, if you're talking about release dates, then that's also false. While yes, a lot of games do get released on the same date throughout Europe, there's plenty of examples of the opposite. Rock Band for example was released in stages through Europe - firstly in the UK, Germany and France, then a while later in Spain, Portugal and Scandanavia, and so on. I'm not sure if it's even been released everywhere yet, or will ever be.

ALSO, a lot of European countries have their own ratings boards, which can largely affect game releases. Germany (and German-speaking countries like Austria and Switzerland) in particular have been known to ban games from release all together, whereas they've been released with no problems for us in the UK and elsewhere; or they prolong the release and force companies to remove sections of the game -- which sometimes companies refuse to do. I remember reading that Codemasters refused to make any changes to Jericho after the German board (USK) refused to rate it, making the game illegal there. And there's a number of examples where things like that have happened.
Similarly, Manhunt 2 was at first refused classification in the UK and Germany, whereas the Dutch government said that it contained nothing they deemed illegal and would allow it's release if Rockstar wished (though i'm not sure if it ever happened).

I think there's a general feeling that because most of Europe uses PAL that all TVs, consoles, DVD players, etc and completely interchangeable between countries. Which is bollocks. Well, not entirely. It can work, but it's not as common as the perception is. and especially with countries like France and Luxembourg (and a lot more until the mid-90s switchovers), where they used SECOM as opposed to PAL, which is a different system altogether, prohibits cross-compatability (unlike say some NTSC-J releases that work on most NTSC and PAL systems).

Hell, Xbox Live is only available in <20 European countries, which is quite significant.

If you feel like expanding on what you mean Sebastian, feel free. I am a bit bemused, but hope that my reply addresses what you were saying.

SebastianSB
02-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Forget it. I'm done. There's no point arguing with someone when they ignore half your point.

TwistedFate
02-05-2009, 05:50 PM
We use 'UK version' because 'EU version' is not accurate and 99% percent of non US members on this site are from the UK. We aren't trying to slight the other countries any more than we are trying to leave out Canada when we refer to the US version. It's just commonly accepted shorthand that US is commonly used to mean North America since we are biggest gaming market over here. The same way that UK is commonly used to refer to the various European versions since you guys are the biggest gaming market over there. That same way that Japanese version is used to encompass all the Asian versions of the games. The same way many people call all copy machines Xerox machines even though Xerox doesn't make all of them. It's the US market, the UK Market, and the Japanese market.

But I personally think this is all fine and dandy. From now on I expect people who have a problem with using UK as a shortcut for EU to list every country in the EU that got the game when referring to that version. If 'UK version' can't be used because more than just the UK got it, then 'EU version' can't be used either since most of the EU didn't get it. So, I don't think it's unreasonable of us 'ignorant Americans' to expect to see this "UK/German/Franch/Spanish/Portuguese/Scandanavian version" used when referring to the non-NA version of Rock Band. Fair enough? Or is anal retentive not really the direction you wanted to go with this issue?

alex31991
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM
Wow, loozered...just wow

let's get all anal about it

who the fuck cares what somebody said??

you may think he's a dumbass for referring to the UK version as the EU version, but the only thing you've done here is make yourself look like a dumbass.

Congratulations.

loozered
02-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Forget it. I'm done. There's no point arguing with someone when they ignore half your point.
I wasn't entirely sure what your point was, hence why i asked you to elaborate.
Okay, forgot all my posts completely. Let's just pretend that don't exist at all, and i'm just an outsider, and i'm asking you what you mean by "As far as the gaming world is concerned, yes they are." I've probably misunderstood what you meant

alex, I the fuck care. Hence why i've made all these posts. And i'm not trying to call anyone a dumbass or stupid or even imply it.

TwistedFate
02-05-2009, 08:07 PM
and i'm asking you what you mean by "As far as the gaming world is concerned, yes they are." I've probably misunderstood what you meant

I believe I explained it in my post.

It's just commonly accepted shorthand that US is commonly used to mean North America since we are biggest gaming market over here. The same way that UK is commonly used to refer to the various European versions since you guys are the biggest gaming market over there.

loozered
02-05-2009, 08:35 PM
O rly?

I'm sorry, I was completely mistaken by these lovely comments...

But you're right, I can totally see how you weren't trying to call anyone a dumbass or stupid.
Ignorance and stupidity aren't the same thing.

We use 'UK version' because 'EU version' is not accurate and 99% percent of non US members on this site are from the UK. We aren't trying to slight the other countries any more than we are trying to leave out Canada when we refer to the US version. It's just commonly accepted shorthand that US is commonly used to mean North America since we are biggest gaming market over here. The same way that UK is commonly used to refer to the various European versions since you guys are the biggest gaming market over there.
I guess that makes sense, but there's a wider variety of people on this site than you give credit for. I dunno, i've probably shot myself in both feet, but i think EU version is more accurate than UK version.

loozered
02-06-2009, 07:34 PM
Hmm. I'm feeling argumentative today.

Ignorance =/= Stupidity, but you know what...?

Since you seem to like to argue irrelevant semantics:
Arrogance =/= Ignorance
and
Apathy =/= Ignorance.

I said I don't care. I'm apathetic. Just because I'm apathetic does not mean I'm "ignorant". I am definitely arrogant, but I'm definitely not ignorant. I probably know more about the European Union than you do, and I probably know more about the history of the United Kingdom and its members than you do. But that's completely irrelevant.

But you know what? If you want to argue semantics, you better damn well have a clue what you are talking about, otherwise you look like a complete fool.

Like Twisted said (paraphrased and in my own words), if you want to get all butt-hurt over me referring to it as the UK version, then you better be referring to it by EACH AND EVERY country in the EU who got it, cause like you said, not all of them did. By your definition, "EU" version is definitely LESS accurate than "UK" version. The UK definitely did get the game, but by your own admission, not all of the EU did.

Anyways, I know this whole thing is completely personal; a result of you having an axe to grind over some perceived slight I made against you by asking if you were edd__. But seriously, what the fuck is your problem?
I didn't mean to compare ignorance and arrogance being the same, i was just saying that i thought that you were both. But what do i know?

You posts showed you as being ignorant, whether you are or not IRL is a different matter. I don't know anything about you past your posts, so if your posts read as ignorance, and that's all i have to go on, then that's what i'm gunna think about it. As far as i can remember, your attitude always seems like that in the posts of yours that i've read, but it could just be my tiny mind's inability to read properly.

You might as well know more about Europe and the UK that i do, but when you post things like "Europe is practically one country these days anyway... Would you get your panties in a knot if I referred to it as England or Great Brittan instead of United Kingdom too?" it doesn't really show it.
Again, i don't really know any of your knowledge about the UK/EU apart from what you post. But conversely, it's the same for you. For all you know, i could be a 12 year old moron, or a middle-aged BNP MP, or an expat living in the UK, or even Ban Ki-Moon.

The thing that bugged me wasn't you referring to it as the UK version. It's that you said UK only, followed by posts that weren't talking about games, but Europe as a whole, and illustrated a lot of ignorance. Saying stuff like "UK = EU" does show an ignorance (or apathetic attitude) that really wound me up. Yeah, i probably should have let it slide, but it oftens seem like whenever i talk to an American about Britain, their knowledge is incredibly limited and often very mis-informed. Now, i'm not trying to say that that's necessarily you, but when i've never spoken at length with an American who's proved my prejudice assumptions wrong, it's kinda hard to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not talking about just within the gaming world, and maybe that's how this stupid argument started. Your posts didn't read to me as referring solely to the world of games, like "in terms of games, there's no real difference between EU and UK releases, and they're often synonymous." I read them as saying "the EU and the UK are the same thing, and i don't care about anything that happens there"
But maybe that's just my own interpretation of what you posted, which was wrong. That probably wasn't your intention at all, but that's how it appeared to me. Hence why i was so bothered by it.

And maybe you're right, maybe i'm bringing too much personal into it. But i'd like to think that if someone else posting your same posts that i'd react the same. Albeit, maybe i wouldn't have been as arsey about it, but nonetheless, my point would still be the same.
Just to add to my petty semantics some more though. You didn't ASK me if i was edd__. You told me that i was.