PDA

View Full Version : Possible to bridge x360a.org to ps3trophies.org?

singingbush
02-03-2009, 10:22 PM
I decided to try out the PS3 sister site today - ps3trophies.org and think it'd be good idea to have an option in the User Control Panel to have 1 member profile be able to access either site rather than seperate logins.

t3hpwnful
02-04-2009, 01:45 AM
That would be pretty cool, except for most people with an x-box 360 dislike PS3, and vice-versa

chrisnottm
02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
I decided to try out the PS3 sister site today - ps3trophies.org and think it'd be good idea to have an option in the User Control Panel to have 1 member profile be able to access either site rather than seperate logins.

Also, this would just give the more childish members an 'excuse' to go over to the other site and be a dick about the PS3.

Eternal
02-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Unless someone has extreme amounts of knowledge in MySQL database customization and editing, I don't think this would be an easy task. The two forums run off different databases, and linking them together would be nothing easy.

Ingles
02-05-2009, 07:03 AM
Unless someone has extreme amounts of knowledge in MySQL database customization and editing, I don't think this would be an easy task. The two forums run off different databases, and linking them together would be nothing easy.

I'm with Eternal here. I've taken several MySQL database classes as part of my CS degree and this would be no easy task. It'd definitely be a lot of work and for something that I don't feel many people would use. It's a pros/cons situation and finding someone willing to put in all the work. I don't see this happening.

RoutineX
02-05-2009, 08:38 AM
There would definitely be a lot of work in MySQL and PHP to accomplish such a thing.

We had some discussions about this when creating PS3T, but we all agreed that it would be be more cons then pros, like:

* Since it's Xbox 360 <-> Playstation 3, chances are there will be some unnecessary fanboy comments on both sites.

* From PS3T's point of view, it would show 160k+ members, but no activity compared to the amount of users (could look like a dead site where a bunch of people registered, but all left for some reason)

* Don't have an estimation, but would assume that not that many members have both the 360 and PS3. It would not justify all the days of coding when there are scripts with higher priority to be done first.