PDA

View Full Version : Good Song Rotation Suggestions?

TheVinster
02-04-2009, 06:40 AM
I know that a lot of people have found if you sing the same song, then stars will cease being added to your total; at least from the specific song. That being said, I've also heard if you sing whatever 5 songs you like in a row, looping after, that it will sort of "refresh" your star cap... if that makes sense.

That being said, I'd like to know some good songs that require minimal effort. I am at 25,000 stars, so I have to grind out 75,000 -- a pain? Most likely. "Bust A Move" is an obvious choice, but at this current time it is not yielding stars due to overplay.

Pucca Princess
02-04-2009, 07:41 AM
I know that a lot of people have found if you sing the same song, then stars will cease being added to your total; at least from the specific song. That being said, I've also heard if you sing whatever 5 songs you like in a row, looping after, that it will sort of "refresh" your star cap... if that makes sense.

That being said, I'd like to know some good songs that require minimal effort. I am at 25,000 stars, so I have to grind out 75,000 -- a pain? Most likely. "Bust A Move" is an obvious choice, but at this current time it is not yielding stars due to overplay.

The "roatation" does not work - I've tried it, it's no good :( If it had worked, I would have 100k by now ;) You just will have to sing different songs from then on.

Good songs for minimal effort...Superstar is just like Bust A Move with only a few singing sections. Yellow is easy, as is White Flag in my opinion.

If you want to make it very easy you could cheat and hold your mic to the tv, and just shake the mic when activating the star power ;)

I am Cunslow
02-05-2009, 02:43 PM
omg.. im glad I read this I was wondering why the hell I've not gained any stars 2day while singing "take on me" I did it in all the different modes collecting well over 400 stars each time (its my best song) and not gaining anything when I went to look in the "my lips" section... great. :(

Pucca Princess
02-05-2009, 06:00 PM
Rotation does work ;)

I did this game on three accounts to the full 1000 and a fourth account all achieves except online wins. Pick 5-6 songs you like and loop thru those.

Hungry like a wolf
its raining men
(the kylie song)
leona lewis bleeding
Duffy Mercy
KT tunstall

Those 6 will net you the most stars (play on co-op for extra stars but make sure you activate star power at exactly the same time on both mics so you get a multiplier of two on the stars)

I repeated those 6 songs over and over but also went thru the entire 40 songs a few times as well

You can get 25,000-30,000 stars in approx 3 hours if you master star power on co-op

Superstar and bust a move may be 'easy' but the stars you get are low compared to the other songs I listed.

I've sang through the whole 42 songs twice in a row via Jukebox and it then tried singing Yellow, noting what the stars were...didn't work :confused: If rotation works, then how come Yellow doesn't give me stars? Same with other songs (White Flag, Thousand Miles, Mercy... :()

Pucca Princess
02-05-2009, 08:57 PM
I only used jukebox once on each account to get the achievement, so not sure if jukebox affects stars from the sing area.

I also never sang an individual song repeatedly! I always mixed in other songs in a loop but always from the main songs menu.

I did have stars stop once, when I sang yellow over and over and over when I first got the game (It was the only one I could get all medals on other than bust a move). But they did start to count again after I ran thru all the other songs a-z. I didn't make this mistake again and obviously after a bit of practice I was hitting all medals on most songs anyway.

It was something like 4 weeks to complete the game basically 4 times over and the game was mainly played weekend evenings.

You could try playing thru other songs but not in jukebox mode to see if that cures things but I cant say for definite if it will. There are quite a few songs you can hit 1000 stars on so maybe just do some of those for a while, your not far short on stars now anyway are you?

I'm actually about 3k away, and my batteries died on me earlier, so will get the achievement tomorrow! :D

I tried again on Jukebox mode, i have 5 songs I sing through them (Yellow, White Flag, Thosand Miles, Mercy and Umbrella cause they are the ones I sing best at) and again it gave no stars :( Will try in normal mode tomorrow once I get some decent batteries :D

TheVinster
02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Is there any easy way to get 300 songs synched with your game? My Zune only has 30 or so, and my sister has about 200 on her iPod. I need about 70 more, approximately. Any empty music files I can download and throw on my Zune just for this?

Also, thanks for your tips guys. I will form a rotation soon.