PDA

View Full Version : Close Quarter Combatant Help!!!

NinjaFighter202
11-10-2006, 04:40 AM
If anyone has this achivement can you please tell me what is the easiest way to get this because Im having trouble choosing which level to get this on. Also for the assault rifle achivement what are all the assualt riffle weapons? is it just the MP 44 for the germans?

Tommy Gun 81
11-10-2006, 06:42 AM
I did it on the second Mission 'The Island'. You can use grenades and melee attacks so it isn't that hard. Did it on normal difficulty.

Did the assault rifle achievement in the first Canadian mission. The one with the 3 Flaks, i think Falaise Road or something like that. Just used the Sten LMG and at the end i was forced to use the bazooka. Got the achievement that way!

Gameman54
11-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Well, assault rifle weapons..lets just say their sub-machine guns like the Sten or MP40.

NinjaFighter202
11-10-2006, 01:32 PM
Thank you all I will try these out now and see if I get them but ill do it on easy lol

xxNOLAUxx
11-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Its extremely simple just complete a level preferably on easy, without shootting. I prefer samcking them with a rifle so that it kills them in one hit, instead of two from small machine guns.
Im not sure which mission I did this on, its the one where the Sergeant disarms the bombs on the bridge.. I think thats the third mission.

Supaaafly
11-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah, just change difficulty to easy and make good use of melee attacks. Only difficult thing about it is that it is actually too easy and makes you a bit gung-ho...resulting in death! Just take you're time.

Clayj
01-08-2007, 11:22 PM
The above tips are invaluable... just got the Close Quarter Combatant myself on 'The Island'. Remember that sometimes your fellow soldiers won't advance into a situation until you "break the ice", as it were... for example, you may need to start up a flight of steps in order to get the Germans to spawn, and then your guys will take them out while you retreat back. Make good use of grenades, especially smokers (you can advance, and therefore your soldiers can advance, when covered by smoke). You really shouldn't have to melee kill more than 10 Germans if you do this correctly.

Oh, and don't forget that some soldiers (Guzzo and Huxley, just to name two) are unkillable. If you stick with these guys when possible, they will usually kill any German who gets near you.

Secret Turtle
01-09-2007, 02:12 AM
Its ridiculous how stupid the AI is on easy and how much punishment you can take... just do an earlier map on easy and you'll cruise.

Rifle Elite
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
When you got the ''close combatant'' achievement on mission 2 just reload from the last checkpoint. When you are in the bunker pick up the fg42 and finish the mission again.

NinjaFighter202
02-03-2007, 01:20 AM
I already have all the points almost in the game I have 740 im close to 8000 to busy with gears of war 10k kills eh. Oh and veteran in this game is so easy it took me a whole 2 days ehehe

Layser
02-03-2007, 11:29 AM
Lol vet was super easy compared to COD2.. Mainly cause you can throw those grenades back!

But with Close quarter i did it in level 2.. Just stick it on easy and keep your head down, you can use grenades aswel i believe. But remember your teammates won't advance unless you do. And assault again on level 2, Stay back and conserve your ammo if your worried about not completing the level. The Bren you start with? Is pretty powerfull and can take them down easily with 1 shot.

Curtis
02-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Level 2 100%. Only use your nades when you get in the trenches where that's 4/5 guys in the same room.