PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Status Idea

Ingles
02-04-2009, 10:11 PM
You know how when you log into your Xbox.com profile, how you are able to view the status of Xbox Live to tell when they are performing maintenace, etc...? Is this something that would be feasible to add to x360a without placing too much strain or coding or bandwidth issues? It could be something displayed below our gamertag on the main sites frontpage for easy viewing.

It's not an absolutely necessary feature but more of a handy one, even a convienence if you will. Besides, it would help cut down on thread post of community members asking why Xbox Live isn't working, etc...

Webb
02-05-2009, 03:55 AM
Ha ha. Funnily enough, I think this a great idea and one that I was thinking about myself the other day.

I'll throw it at RX and see if it sticks :p I'm sure he could code something like that as I'm sure it's part of the MS feed.

InkedUp
02-05-2009, 04:07 AM
Sounds like a great idea, especially since I visit this site for all of my Xbox needs and don't even go near Xbox.com if I can avoid it

Ingles
02-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Ha ha. Funnily enough, I think this a great idea and one that I was thinking about myself the other day.

I'll throw it at RX and see if it sticks :p I'm sure he could code something like that as I'm sure it's part of the MS feed.

You know what they say... Great minds do think alike. ;) I hope it sticks as well. I was registering my new Xbox 360 on Xbox.com earlier today and noticed the "Xbox Live Status" icon was green and thought to myself of how many times I've seen people posting in the threads going on about Xbox Live not working on occasions. I started wondering why we couldn't implement something similar. I'm thinking that it is part of the MS feed as well. I guess we'll have to wait and see what he says. :p

Sounds like a great idea, especially since I visit this site for all of my Xbox needs and don't even go near Xbox.com if I can avoid it

I'm the same way. I go to Xbox.com every once in a while but try my best to avoid it. Besides, x360a really has about all you'd really need and tons more that makes it the one stop place for everything Xbox. I'm glad you both liked the idea.