PDA

View Full Version : No Online Band World Tour for RB1?! WTF?!

xnightkillerx
02-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Okay, so, I've gotten a fair amount of achievements in Rock Band--basically all except the ones involving Band World Tour ("Big In...", "Vinyl/Gold/Platinum Artist", "One Million Fans", "Hall of Fame Inductee").

I figured it would be like Rock Band 2, where you could invite people to join your band. I found that there was no option to do that. So I went to "Band Roster", figuring that I could add people's GamerTags that I wanted in my band. Let's just say that my reaction should have been on YouTube.

The booklet included with the game said there was a "Join a Band" option. Uhh, no, actually, there's not. At least not in my game. I was wondering if there was a downloadable patch that could help me, but there's about a 100% chance that there isn't.

I'm basically resorting to playing Voxtar (Guitar and vocals simultaneously) to complete this achievement, because I need all members on Expert difficulty for all of the achievements, and nobody nearby plays Expert that I know. I'm just wondering if there is any other way to obtain all of the achievements before I suffer through the entire Band World Tour... solo.

Just as a side-note, I've owned Rock Band since the week it came out--first on PS3 and now on the 360. I recently renewed my Live subscription and thought that I'd finally be able to get the achievements, but ended up here.

Any input would be really appreciated. Also, feel free to add me on XBL. My GT is NameBag (it was one of the customs...). I play Expert Guitar/Bass (5 stars or gold stars on all songs), Drums (5 stars or gold stars on most songs) and Vocals (5 stars or gold stars on all songs). I also own all Guitar Hero and Rock Band games.

SebastianSB
02-05-2009, 03:05 AM
Sorry about your disappointment, but online BWT was such a big deal for everyone in RB2 for precisely this reason.

xnightkillerx
02-05-2009, 03:19 AM
Oh, I didn't know it was a big deal. I actually thought people took it for granted seeing as finding a full band is kind of difficult. :/

EOU Findub
02-05-2009, 05:42 AM
Yea, it really wasn't that big of a deal for me. I usually just have 3 other people come over and we rock out.

alex31991
02-05-2009, 05:47 AM
yea, i have to play drums and sing for these achievements..its really gay lol