PDA

View Full Version : Robbery! achievement, wtf?

isw42
02-05-2009, 05:39 AM
Okay, so this one sucks.

The booklet for the game says that you "Race your outfielder back to the wall and move the RIGHT STICK towards the wall to have him scale the wall."

The guide on this site says to CLICK (RS) and then move it toward the wall.

Why the difference? I have been trying to click (RS) and it does absolutely nothing. Hopefully all you have to do is simply move the (RS) in the direction of the wall. I'll give that a shot.

isw42
02-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Nevermind everyone, ignore this.

The guide is incorrect, the booklet is right. You do NOT have to click (RS) to activate wall climb mode. When the icon appears, just move the right stick toward the wall.

sports_guy212
02-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Nevermind everyone, ignore this.

The guide is incorrect, the booklet is right. You do NOT have to click (RS) to activate wall climb mode. When the icon appears, just move the right stick toward the wall.

wish i could have helped you with this sooner, i had the same problem with the guide on this site and it took me WAY LONGER because i kept "clicking" the RS. simply just move the stick up when you approach the icon for robbing the HR. congrats on gettin it though. even though this game is old, the guide needs to be revised.

Vince and April
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Thank you for this! I kept clicking the Right Stick, which just makes them slide rather than wall climb. It is really funny to watch the dude trip over his own feet and smack into the wall though. :)

HAK Devil
02-27-2009, 07:34 AM
I have tried pressing up and not clicking yet my player will still make a stupid slide instead of a grab. What is the exact time to press up? Is it after I have already reached the wall and the ball is a certain height or something because this is just getting ridiculous...

EDIT: FINALLY GOT IT! I had to use the last chance cheat and play on fenway park but the stupid clicking worked this time. Finally I can stop playing this crap

djhepcat
07-26-2009, 03:17 AM
WTF???? I have only even SEEN the red triangle once. Even set to deep outfield, I can't seem to get to the fucking ball.

Filter x360a
11-16-2009, 12:44 AM
OMG! This achievement is still driving me nuts! I don't know if I have to click the RS or not! Stupid 2k5 games!

isw42
11-17-2009, 01:21 AM
So, you should read the above posts... We cleared that up already.

Filter x360a
11-19-2009, 02:39 AM
So, you should read the above posts... We cleared that up already.

LOL...I have read the above and I saw what you put, but other people have said this didn't work for them in this thread as well as others. It's not working for me either.

DOOKH8R
01-19-2010, 03:10 AM
I have tried every suggestion in every thread and I still can't get the Robbery achievement. Does anyone have a confirmed way to actually do this?

ASleepyKitten
06-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Yeh i clicked but my guy kept doing stupid stuff.. now im gonna try not clicking haha.. this game is so old

withoutlove124
06-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Lol after about an hour of playing trying for this, i read this post,,,get the achiv 3 pitches later lol.........I wish you didnt have to change ur outfield to deep inbetween every batter =)
sry for rushing grammer mistacks.Sum r intentiiial

Th3 Maj0r
06-22-2010, 11:02 PM
This is a very difficult achievement.. Im a little dissapointed that it is in 2k10 too... it is so rare to even get a chance to rob a homerun.

gtogsx
06-23-2010, 10:53 PM
I was having trouble getting the "Robbery!" achievement but I'm glad to say I just got it!

I chose Coopertown Legends and chose Fenway Park. I used the "Derek Jeter" cheat and the first pitch the opponent hit one that was almost a homerun and the wall climb icon popped up so I moved the RS towards where the ball was falling.

It was funny and surprising at the same time because as soon as the player wall climbed, he jumped super high all of the sudden and caught the ball and then came the achievement.:woop:

Forgot to mention that of course I set the outfielders to "Deep".

Sir JL
06-24-2010, 12:27 AM
Yea, it's kind of a pain. Yankees vs. Cooperstown @ PNC Park (Pirates) is the easiest way to do it. I enabled super wall climbs and got it when joe morgan launched one. Feels good to finally get it:)

D x NICE
07-29-2010, 06:59 PM
I have tried every suggestion in every thread and I still can't get the Robbery achievement. Does anyone have a confirmed way to actually do this?

I can confirm that you DO NOT click the stick. As you are running to the wall stop on the red triangle and when the ball is right above the game will tell you RS then you just push the RS in the direction of the triangle and then the achievement pops. Hope this helps.

http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/D+x+NICE.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/D+x+NICE)

100% Retail Completion
MLB 2K6, Splinter Cell: Conviction, CSI: Deadly Intent, Madden NFL 08, Assassinís Creed, Prince of Persia: TFS, NHL 2K6, COD: MW2, Backyard Football í10, Prison Break, King Kong, CSI- Hard Evidence, Madden NFL 06, Assassinís Creed II, TMNT, NBA 2K6, Avatar: TLA: TBE, Surfís Up, NFS Most Wanted.
100% Arcade Completion
Galaga, Uno
Working On
Mass Effect 2 (52 of 54)

Willing to boost anything I have. If you need help just let me know. GT= D x NICE.

isw42
07-29-2010, 11:18 PM

I'll post my old post AGAIN because people do not seem to be seeing it anymore. This was cleared up ages ago...

Adrian West
11-29-2010, 02:12 PM
You don't click RS it will come up on the screen wall climb in which you push the Right analog Stick in the direction shown.

HELLSPWAN 88
01-07-2011, 04:40 AM
this achievement sucks been trying it for some time now at least 15 games in a row for one achievement but have been doing what the guide said so wont click (RS) this time should have come and recheaked the forums.