PDA

View Full Version : Couple of suggestions

Owned
02-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Ok, now I have not been here long but have noticied a few things that x360a doesn't have, and I belive these could help improve x360a community wise

1. Respect system - Users gain respect points for the amout of posts they have and by other members giving it them for a good post
1a. Thanks - This works along side respect, a user thanks another user if the post a good thread
2.Thread of the Week [T.O.T.W] - People nomiate threads they belive should become thread of the week. The thread with most nominations wins.

Hope these are fresh ideas at x360a and help improve the comunity!

Zenquen
02-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Stuff like this is often easily abused, leads to popularity contests (not like there isn't enough on the internet already) and more whining than joy.

Korix
02-05-2009, 08:26 AM
The Thanks and Respect ideas will be abused between friends like the thumbs system on gametrailers was. There are already awards in place for rewarding deserving creators of awesome threads as well.

Nightdragon
02-05-2009, 08:37 AM
1- Karma/Rep/Feedback systems are easily manipulated leading to bias "opinions" on threads/posters etc. We already have a thread rating system in place and that is never used properly. I mean like...ever...

2- Thread of the week? We already have the A+ thread award for deserving topics, no need to have a competition about it...