PDA

View Full Version : Vocals Help?

RobertxxArias
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
WTF is up with this game... I thought I can sing, and i guess i can't. I tried the game on expert and i can't even beat the 2nd song... wtf?! I tried it on hard and i keep failing on "Saying it ain't so" bringing singing to the music games was definetely the most stupidest thing ever!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

RobertxxArias
02-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Can you use your xbox live headset as the mic?

bob150
02-05-2009, 09:09 PM
I found it was hard to use the xbl headset on medium, Easy didn't seem to give me too many prblems though.

Anathros0
03-12-2009, 01:57 AM
did you try to start off with expert? if thats the case, thats probably why. Just start off with Medium or Easy. Get used to the system. Vocals can be pretty difficult if you don't play singing games much. You really need practice, and you really have to know how to perfectly match pitch and timing to do expert.

yeah i agree, if u can sing in real life it doesnt mean u can just stroll thru expert, u need to get used to the system and how the songs flow
i recntly managed to complete vocals career on expert but it took alot of trial and error, pitch wise

IWi11KickU
03-16-2009, 03:41 PM
If you are good singer in real life, chances are that you do things like vibrato and change some pitches for effect without even realizing it. In RB you have to stay precisely on the green line. Try to just get that down rather than just going all rockstar on the mic. Getty Lee failed his own song on RB singing on hard, so don't feel too bad about it.

d.palapuz
03-26-2009, 04:13 AM
This is where you'll actually test your skills in singing..
I've been singing since I was a kid, I know most of the songs here that's why I bought rockband special edition, like "Learn to fly", "move along". and even the ones I don't know before like "welcome home", I practiced and got better..
But now I'm almost failing the songs I know, and hardly completing the ones I dont know like "Tom Sawyer"..
My usb mic is being a b*tch now so I'm sending it back before my warranty runs out.. All the instruments hardly picks up that's why..
and replacing it for rockband 2..

TwistedFate
03-26-2009, 04:30 AM
Getty Lee failed his own song on RB singing on hard, so don't feel too bad about it.

It was on Expert, and Geddy didn't fail. The band failed, with Geddy being the last one alive.

xBLOODxSHOTx
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
i saw somewhere that u can start the song and then hold the mic up to the speakers of your tv. How does that work? when your singing, there is no ingame singing is there?

xBLOODxSHOTx
03-30-2009, 05:51 PM
i dont care about perfeting it, but what about passing all the songs on expert? will that work?

bob150
03-30-2009, 06:14 PM
You will more than likely fail all the songs, You might want to try singing, I borrowed my sisters microphone to get teh achievements, now I'm looking to buy a new one because I liked it so much.

xBLOODxSHOTx
03-30-2009, 09:27 PM
well see i cant sing cuz i have lung cancer, but can i play the song from itunes or something?

TwistedFate
03-30-2009, 10:05 PM
well see i cant sing cuz i have lung cancer, but can i play the song from itunes or something?

Some people have played them on guitar on keyboards. but it's a lot of work to work out the charting.

It will not read from an MP3, CD, tape, DVD, or any other electronic fakery, there are a multitude of technical issues to why this doesn't work. You must be actively producing the notes somehow.

If you can't sing, you can pretty much forget getting the singing achieves, unless you have an absolute ton of time of some musical experience in a melodic instrument. Your only other alternative is to have somebody sing it for you.

Tom115
03-30-2009, 10:55 PM
In reality I can't sing for shit but I'm an expert level singer on Rock Band, apparently. :D

bob150
03-30-2009, 11:03 PM
Same here, although some days I think I can sing, but usually get told otherwise.

thejackyltm
07-14-2009, 11:34 PM
lol I tried vocals today for the first time and my short fuse of a temper i smashed my damn mic so I got to get the new one. But irregardless of that, I have the headset. My question is which is probably a dumb one, but the higher the line for the vocal the higher the pitch correct? and low=lower the pitch? Because I have a deep low voice, and I'd talk into and hmm for the low parts and then itd just shoot straight to the top and go all over the place. So thus I smashed the damn thing. Or was I wrong and the low lines and high lines are irrelevant to pitch? lol

Cissnei
07-15-2009, 07:25 AM
It's all about octaves. Many people new to vocals make the mistake to change their pitch WAY too much. Go into practice mode and try to hit every pitch. For some high and/or low pitches most people switch octaves, because they are easier to hit then. But it can be weird for someone new, to sing a high note lower than a previous note.
Just don't make the mistake to think the little bar is your whole vocal range ;).

Kairi
07-15-2009, 12:37 PM
WTF is up with this game... I thought I can sing, and i guess i can't. I tried the game on expert and i can't even beat the 2nd song... wtf?! I tried it on hard and i keep failing on "Saying it ain't so" bringing singing to the music games was definetely the most stupidest thing ever!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:
Just keep practicing and try singing in a different octave at times- that might help you get past some songs. Also, I recommend listening to the songs a lot and sing along or something. I found it extremely difficult to sing songs I don't know. and remember- PRACTICE!

WhySoSerious831
07-30-2009, 08:16 PM
While I'm not a professional level singer, I can somewhat sing some songs. I just started playing Rock Band 1's vocal tour to get more than a little 200 gamerscore on it. And I've noticed one thing. Some songs don't work if you even sound like the actual singer. So many of them you just grab the mic and try and sound like High Pitch Eric from the Stern show.

EmoPancake907
07-31-2009, 04:02 AM
I have noticed singing in a vibrato doesn't work well also =S. As a singer moreso in real life I find it hard to fit my voice into an expert level singing ability. Sing on whichever octave you feel most comfortable with and don't change octaves. Changing octaves seems to lose flow for myself.

saintyick
08-07-2009, 10:16 AM
I'm doing ok on expert vox, not had too many problems until I came up to mississippi queen.

Any tips? :confused: