PDA

View Full Version : Someone Explain the Point Achievements please?

migston26
02-05-2009, 09:17 PM
I don't understand what they mean by 5-point category etc. to get the Triumph Badge and Victory Badge achievements.

Like what should I aim to do?

Bahamut Origin
02-05-2009, 11:53 PM
Not only do you have to win the round but by gettin the win in a certain way. You get a point for ting and kong and the flower tiles, all that gives you point but what else.

I ncant remeber off the top of my head but i do know that winning the hand with specific tiles give you more point.

If you use all the wind tiles or dragon tiles in your hand and not necesseraly all four just what you need to win (2 for eyes and 3 for pung?) that gives you 4 or 5 points also winning with nothin but 3 of a kind tiles and also the eyes also gives 4 points

the 8 point one is the most difficult

you gotta win with either all tiles as one suit (all dot all bamboo all numbers) or win with all tiles as sets of three BUT not showin so you cant call pung or pong they must be concealed.

You also get like a gang of points if you win with the tiles passed out.

You can read all this in the rules section of the menu in the game

oVo Pandora oVo
02-07-2009, 01:27 AM
Not only do you have to win the round but by gettin the win in a certain way. You get a point for ting and kong and the flower tiles, all that gives you point but what else.

I ncant remeber off the top of my head but i do know that winning the hand with specific tiles give you more point.

If you use all the wind tiles or dragon tiles in your hand and not necesseraly all four just what you need to win (2 for eyes and 3 for pung?) that gives you 4 or 5 points also winning with nothin but 3 of a kind tiles and also the eyes also gives 4 points

the 8 point one is the most difficult

you gotta win with either all tiles as one suit (all dot all bamboo all numbers) or win with all tiles as sets of three BUT not showin so you cant call pung or pong they must be concealed.

You also get like a gang of points if you win with the tiles passed out.

You can read all this in the rules section of the menu in the game

I don't get this I. I have won rounds where I have 4 + points and no achievement I even won the whole game the same way and nothing. Does this have to be done online MP? I've been doing it in SP, also do I have to win every hand to get this I just don't understand what I am doing wrong unless you have to have 4+ and 8 pts in a single category like say 4 in flower

Pippers
02-12-2009, 04:40 AM
You have to win with a special hand. Special hands are rated into different point categories. You can see all of them in Help (I think, it's somewhere in the game and I think you can see it while playing too if you pause).

There are a handful of 4 and 5 point categories but only 1 or 2 8 point categories, IIRC.

Kenmaster360
05-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Hi all

Victory Badge - Win a mahjong hand with a 4-point or 5-point category.
Triumph Badge - Win a mahjong hand with an 8-point category.

I have got both and I have been confused at the very beginning because it was quite often to have a winning point 20-point or above but still not got the Triumph Badge archivment.

In order to get the Triumph Badge achievement, you have to win a winning hand which base is in the 8-point CATEGORY, NOT the total point includes the add-on bonous points.

I think the "easiest" 8-point category winning hand is "all the same type" which I have got the archivement. (In fact, it is not easy to achieve in 16-tile rule compare to 13-tile rule)

BTW, I am working on the Legend Badge (Win a mahjong hand 8 times by self-pick in a single game session.). It is very difficult to achieve within 4 round, unless you have strong luck or boosting with friend.

I have made a guide in mind to boosting the achievement, I will put it in the Achievement Trading Thread later and let's discuss.

banej
01-12-2010, 05:32 AM
BTW, I am working on the Legend Badge (Win a mahjong hand 8 times by self-pick in a single game session.). It is very difficult to achieve within 4 round, unless you have strong luck or boosting with friend.

I have made a guide in mind to boosting the achievement, I will put it in the Achievement Trading Thread later and let's discuss.

Hi,

Any progress with your guide? I'm also looking into getting the achievements :)