PDA

View Full Version : That's not right

xEndriux
02-06-2009, 10:02 AM
I suggested in the thread Quick 1000 to add a link to the game forum for all the games in the list so that the user can easily check the details of the game.
Yesterday JC told me that it is a good idea and that should be great if I could send the modification to him. So I started to work on that and sent him the first part.
Today I see that someone else (Lilmissroxy) did the work.
Ok great but in this way I waste my time and moreover no credit for me and MY IDEA.
Let me know if I'm wrong

chrisnottm
02-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Why send it to JC?

Anyway, I looked at the thread. All you put was;

Ciao Perp,
why don't you link every game in your list in order to have direct access to the achievement guide ?
Is it possible ?
And then asked if they needed a hand, you got no response.

Then...

Going forward, I will be the one making modifications to the list. My first order of business was linking every game to their appropriate achievement guide. Enjoy!

There. Your help wasn't needed I guess. Obviously your opinion was taken on board and implemented, just without you doing the work.
Plus she can edit the posts directly without a middle man.

xEndriux
02-06-2009, 10:37 AM
Why send it to JC?

Anyway, I looked at the thread. All you put was;

And then asked if they needed a hand, you got no response.

Then...

There. Your help wasn't needed I guess. Obviously your opinion was taken on board and implemented, just without you doing the work.
Plus she can edit the posts directly without a middle man.

I started to work before Roxy did it and JC was the owner of the thread in place of Prep. That's all

fugitivetoby31
02-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I never knew lilmissroxy was a mod :O assuming that only mods and above can alter anything.

Anyway if the thread improves thru your idea people will benefit regardless of who did the work. And why not simply message lilmissroxy about your initial idea ? I'm sure you will be credited somehow if the idea was yours :)

xEndriux
02-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I never knew lilmissroxy was a mod :O assuming that only mods and above can alter anything.

Anyway if the thread improves thru your idea people will benefit regardless of who did the work. And why not simply message lilmissroxy about your initial idea ? I'm sure you will be credited somehow if the idea was yours :)

I'll do it ;)

chrisnottm
02-06-2009, 11:26 AM

Apparently lol. It says 'last editted by; lilmissroxy' on the perp's post. Maybe the rights for that come with being on the GSL thing.

Method
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Apparently lol. It says 'last editted by; lilmissroxy' on the perp's post. Maybe the rights for that come with being on the GSL thing. I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the admin's can set moderation access per each forum. If you look at the bottom of each forum you'll notice that a lot of the moderators are no longer listed. I guess we'll wait for an announcement of possible changes to the mod team :confused:. I've been curious about this for a few days now.

chrisnottm
02-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the admin's can set moderation access per each forum. If you look at the bottom of each forum you'll notice that a lot of the moderators are no longer listed. I guess we'll wait for an announcement of possible changes to the mod team :confused:. I've been curious about this for a few days now.

Wow nice eye!
I didn't notice that. Looks like Khaos has gone, and Perp... Tron too? I can't remember who was listed.
Just gotta wait and see now lol.

fugitivetoby31
02-06-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't think so, I'm pretty sure the admin's can set moderation access per each forum. If you look at the bottom of each forum you'll notice that a lot of the moderators are no longer listed. I guess we'll wait for an announcement of possible changes to the mod team :confused:. I've been curious about this for a few days now.

Yeah maybe an announcement :)

Actually thats given me an idea, Ive never seen a list of who is a mod, admin etc here on this site. I know we get the announcements but maybe we could do with a list as a sticky on a main page indicating who does what.

chrisnottm
02-06-2009, 12:02 PM
What about http://www.xbox360achievements.org/staff/ :p

fugitivetoby31
02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
What about http://www.xbox360achievements.org/staff/ :p

rofl and to think I've been here over two years and never seen that :eek:

Ok well it needs an update and it would be nice to see people listed as mods in lieu of 'contributers' etc

The Pants Party
02-06-2009, 01:54 PM
First of all, JC took it upon himself to start new threads for all those quick/easy/hard lists and never asked the staff about it. Needless to say it wasn't needed and they were removed.

Second, Roxy is not a mod but she is helping with a few things, same way Krueger (who is also not a full mod) is helping Pandora keep the Max Clubs in order.

Third, yes Perp and Khaos were removed but Tron is still around (supermods just don't get listed on the moderator list because we don't like to be bothered :p).

Lastly, we are in search for a few new mods (do not suggest yourself, that will ensure you do not get picked) and if/when we make a decision we'll obviously make an announcement so people know.

xEndriux
02-06-2009, 02:40 PM
Appreciate if the staff recognize that inital idea was mine
Thx

Minty
02-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Appreciate if the staff recognize that inital idea was mine
Thx

It's been suggested before you were even a member, so no the original idea was not yours.

At no point was JC made owner of the thread. Roxy was given temp mod status simply to sort that thread out. Instead of bitching because you she did some work, maybe you should thank her for making life easier for everyone.

xEndriux
02-06-2009, 03:08 PM
It's been suggested before you were even a member, so no the original idea was not yours.

At no point was JC made owner of the thread. Roxy was given temp mod status simply to sort that thread out. Instead of bitching because you she did some work, maybe you should thank her for making life easier for everyone.

I'm not bitching
anyway ok no problem
Just remember to answer in a kind way I'm 37 I'm engineer and I'm not killing people
Thx

P.S. I didn't and I don't know if the idea was suggested before I was member and moreover I have no way to know that. Moreover again, in the Quick 1000 thread I never red about that

InkedUp
02-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I would just chalk this up as a suggestion coming in to late, not a big problem. I'm sure if your suggestion had any bearing on this being implemented, LilMissRoxy would have given you some kind of credit. All of the mods and staff on this site are very good at giving credit to those people whose ideas are used, as well as fighting for those whose ideas were stolen and used on this or any other site. Don't worry about it though, this is a benefit to all members regardless of who came up with it.

xEndriux
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
I want to make clear there's no problem for me
I love this site

Hey take care of me....it seems I'm the only Italian here :woop:

Webb
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
rofl and to think I've been here over two years and never seen that :eek:

Ok well it needs an update and it would be nice to see people listed as mods in lieu of 'contributers' etc

Hey! It's pretty much up to date :p

That's the staff page. Try looking at the forum leaders page for the forum assistants ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showgroups.php?styleid=17

fugitivetoby31
02-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Hey! It's pretty much up to date :p

That's the staff page. Try looking at the forum leaders page for the forum assistants ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showgroups.php?styleid=17

I had to criticise a little to cover up my embarassment for not knowing there was such a page, so thanks Webb for further highlighting my error :(

:p

Webb
02-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I had to criticise a little to cover up my embarassment for not knowing there was such a page, so thanks Webb for further highlighting my error :(

:p

No problems fella. Just doing what I can to help out :D

JC
02-06-2009, 10:42 PM
First of all, JC took it upon himself to start new threads for all those quick/easy/hard lists and never asked the staff about it.

I did not just randomly take it upon myself to start new threads, PerpetualHeaven asked me to make new threads, saying he was busy and could no longer update his threads.

So I willingly did as he asked, until Minty told me someone else would be taking over Perp's threads, that mine were not needed, and that Perp had no right to tell me to create new ones and take over his job of managing the Quick 1000s and other threads.

The Pants Party
02-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Well, as we've established, Perp is not staff so that still stands.

JC
02-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, as we've established, Perp is not staff so that still stands.
I know, just wanted to clear up the misunderstanding. :)