PDA

View Full Version : Should I phone Microsoft?

Seb The Sheep
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
I hoped that I'd find people on this forum with the same problem, but unfortunately, I haven't.

The delays on my microphones make the game unplayable.
There is nothing in my room that could interfere with the wireless signals.

Since no one else seems to have this problem, should I phone microsoft? Are my mics faulty?

Thanks in advance.

Pucca Princess
02-06-2009, 06:16 PM
I hoped that I'd find people on this forum with the same problem, but unfortunately, I haven't.

The delays on my microphones make the game unplayable.
There is nothing in my room that could interfere with the wireless signals.

Since no one else seems to have this problem, should I phone microsoft? Are my mics faulty?

Thanks in advance.

You would be surprised about the people who are having this problem - you're not alone mate. Although I am not having this problem, others are :( About 20 people on the Lips forum have complained about it.

A few people said it may be actually to do with your television believe it or not :eek: Aparently Samsung is bad for it!

Also when you go to sing the song, there is a full song and short song option. There is a song options under there. There is a timing offset there, where you can alter the time to fit the delay. That may solve it!

I would advice you to phone them, actually. Someone emailed them about the mic delay and got a reply about the xbox headset :confused: Again, they emailed about the microphone, saying its not a headset. They then said they don't support third party objects (it's THEIR mic :p).

So a phone call could help. But they might just say the same thing :(

Let us know how you get on! That way you would be helping others why might get the same problem :D

Seb The Sheep
02-07-2009, 09:02 PM
I have tried the adjuster setting, however it only adjusts the time from the lyrics rather than the audio.
I just missed them tonight, they're closed now, but I'll phone them tomorrow.
Thanks for your help anyway and I'll keep you updated.

KRIS DETH
02-09-2009, 04:53 AM
I'm on a samsung HD tv and there's no lag here :)
Just my input, best to phone thme though mate :)

DMess91
02-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Meh? I got a slight latency of about 100 milliseconds from mic to xbox. I adjusted that and it works great now, I do think the latency adjustment makes the music and video shift in relation to the scoring bars.

Do mind that if your singing comes 100 ms too late, you should adjust it by doing -100 ms. Or -0.1 second, don't know exactly what the notation in Lips looked like.

Mycatisbigfoot
02-21-2009, 03:08 AM
My EX has this game and i hooked it up for her as she got the x-box and did not know what to do with anything, but she had a router in here house and phones that were on the same singal as the xbox as it uses a 2.4gh and phones and routers do get a phone with a 1.?gh or a 5.? gh as they are the best and for the router problem put it to ch1 or 11 i forget wich one tho XD