PDA

View Full Version : Whats your take on Halo Wars?

animedbz16
02-06-2009, 06:28 PM
So the demo's been out for a day or so... Are you excited about it, or do you think its kind of a re-hashed RTS just with a Halo theme?

Purge
02-06-2009, 06:30 PM
I think its an excellent game and I never knew the control scheme would work so well. I've pre-ordered the special edition. ;)

Booij
02-06-2009, 06:48 PM
I thought it would suck, but it was quite amazing... The controls are fine.

Ordered the limited edition aswell, want those halo 3 maps, made my completion percentage low for quite a while now.

alex31991
02-06-2009, 06:57 PM
i wish my damn demo would hurry up and download lol...i hear its amazing though, so i'm pretty excited to see what its like

Skillet
02-06-2009, 07:01 PM
I thought it was amazing for a console RTS. Kinda made me feel like I was playing Halo 1 again. But maybe that's just because of the Covie dropships.

The controls are also done pretty well. About as well as you CAN do on a console. I think the only reason it works so well is because the absence of all the micromanagement usually involved in an RTS. When you take away mining minerals, upgrading through complex tech trees and using special abilities through menus, it becomes quite simple.

Oh and uh... Warthogs PWN!

Bleeding Star
02-06-2009, 07:05 PM
thought was an amazing demo, was buying the game anyways but definatly cant wait till its released

Z3R0 S1X
02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Haven't played the demo yet but from what I'm hearing it sounds great. I don't know if I'll buy this one but it should be a nice addition to the Halo story arc.

Jamie Solo
02-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Oh and uh... Warthogs PWN!

No. The Scarabs PWN!

I thought the demo was brilliant and I'm definently getting the Collectors Edition ;)

Flak
02-06-2009, 07:10 PM
I quite enjoyed the demo. It's definitely stripped down compared to most of the RTS games I've played, but I like to think it's more streamlined. Not such a huge emphasis on micro-management of resources is a huge relief. I'm not a gigantic Halo fan so I won't be pre-ordering the LE, but once the regular edition drops to about $40 I'll be picking it up.

WhineyRabbit
02-06-2009, 07:11 PM
For someone who's not a fan of Halo or RTS games, I thought it was fun and exciting and I want to buy it now lol.

thegamingspoon
02-06-2009, 09:41 PM
I didn't love it or hate it, but i am not going to get it, i just think it's gonna be like cod4 to cod5, it's a rip off of all the halo characters, forge is like johnson (RIP you crazy son of a), the captain is like keyes from the first

I just think it's going to be a let-down

General Khazard
02-06-2009, 09:59 PM
The controls are also done pretty well. About as well as you CAN do on a console. I think the only reason it works so well is because the absence of all the micromanagement usually involved in an RTS. When you take away mining minerals, upgrading through complex tech trees and using special abilities through menus, it becomes quite simple.

The tech trees may not be as complex, but you still have to manage your resources to get through them efficiently. Oh and you do still have special abilities to use... "Y" button for unit abilities and up on the d-pad for leader powers. I think the focus of the game is different from most RTSes, with more of a focus on combat rather than micromanagement, but the game itself isn't necessarily simple.

Io Haze oI
02-06-2009, 11:45 PM
I love just making one mass army of one unit type 30 warthogs and 30x6 marines (full tech.) I've also made two scarabs in one match which was really awesome.

I'm going to order the limited edition tomorrow I think, I just need o make sure I have enough money first...

crazyman
02-07-2009, 10:25 PM
:Bounce::woop::p:)
played the demo today - absolutely awesome!

goin to preorder - hopefully. just need to scrape together 30 quid or so
:):p:woop::Bounce:

gingerCHRIS123
02-07-2009, 10:35 PM
I thought it was really good, and the controls were amazing for an RTS on a console, so i probably will buy this at some point when it's released

neok182
02-07-2009, 10:55 PM
i thought it was going to be the worst RTS ever made. a console only RTS? that just spells trouble.

But after playing the demo, i really enjoyed it and it really is the perfect control scheme for the gamepad.

I've been playing RTS games on the PC since the original star craft and command and conquer and normally i say that RTS games should only be played on the PC.

However this was set up perfectly and was a lot of fun. incredibly simple gameplay and design but still amazing for a console RTS.

afunk117
02-10-2009, 06:12 AM
Dont have Demo But ME Wanty LE

Tailz
02-10-2009, 08:14 PM
The Demo was actually very well done. i was surprised but even tho it is an RTS, you can feel the full aspect of the Halo Universe. Very well done Bungie.

SuperNova X2X
02-10-2009, 09:26 PM
I think the demo was excellent. I actually prefer this to Halo 3, and I'm not really a big fan of RTS games. The control system is pretty simple to use and I think is a great game.

Chud 360
02-11-2009, 12:43 AM
The Demo was actually very well done. i was surprised but even tho it is an RTS, you can feel the full aspect of the Halo Universe. Very well done Bungie.

Game is nothing to do with Bungie. It's made by Ensemble Studios

twilightsniper8
02-11-2009, 01:22 AM
i am excited to see how online does

billy reubin
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
I wasn't so bothered when I first played the demo. However I watched the insider moves on inside xbox and went back to the demo. Now I've got the controls down I think it plays like a dream. I definitley want to get a copy, probably LE for the map pack. However I'm skint so may have to wait a while before I get it.

ZundayXx
02-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Game is nothing to do with Bungie. It's made by Ensemble Studios

You my friend should pay more attention to Details.
This Game has TONS to do with Bungie as 70% of the ideas come from Bungie...

General Khazard
02-11-2009, 06:37 PM

What he means is that Bungie didn't make it, Ensemble Studios did, so the person who said "well done, Bungie" should have directed the compliment to Ensemble instead, as Bungie did nothing to create this game besides offer advice on canonical issues.

ZundayXx
02-12-2009, 12:22 AM
I tought he ment The game HAS nothing to do with bungie. Its funny that removing just one word can make a world full of difference.

General Khazard
02-12-2009, 05:33 AM
Indeed it is, language is a strange, yet wonderful thing.

Chud 360
02-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Like General Khazad said, i was reffering to the poster (Tailz) who said well done Bungie for making Halo work as an RTS. Bungie have nothing to do with making this game.

You my friend, should pay attention