PDA

View Full Version : Grizzled Veteran...

Darth Odan
11-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Hmmm. Call of Duty 2 was hard on Veteran, is Call of Duty 3 harder? I'm trying to get the secreat achievements first, so I'll be doing this in a while. Has anyone done it yet? If so, any tips, whats the hardest mission, ect.

xsni
11-11-2006, 01:04 AM
I actually just got the achievement today. Some parts were hella hard.

The forest level (Americans) was by far the most frustrating. The second Polish mission was pretty tough too.

Darth Odan
11-11-2006, 01:16 AM
Yeah, I played on easy to get familiar with the objectives, enemy spots, ect. I died a few times [grenades, tanks -.-]. But, I'm playing now on veteran, hardest mission for me was the Polish one...Last one...

xsni
11-11-2006, 01:53 AM
Sweet. Have fun. :)

G4M3RC0P
11-11-2006, 08:09 PM
I don't usually play on the hardest difficulty but I started this one on veteran. I got the purple heart achievement just barely in the second mission. If you die enough in one spot you can learn where the enemies are.

does anyone know what the other secret achievement is?

Darth Odan
11-11-2006, 08:16 PM
Get in the FIRST British Mission and get on Vera. Soon it will tell you to turn left into a field near a church. After the trees part, and jump the ramp and bang. Veteran is kinda easier, but stupid MG 42 pin me down... Or friendly fire grendades T.T

EDIT:

Its a bit harder than I thought...Stupid MG 42's and getting stuck on places! XD

NinjaFighter202
11-12-2006, 02:47 AM
Veteran on call of duty 3 isn't that hard for me.. Im thinking its on like normal or hard or something I hope not is there any possible way to check if the game is playing on veteran? cause unlike call of duty 2 it doesn't say Completed on veteran on the top of the mision screen

xsni
11-12-2006, 07:27 AM
does anyone know what the other secret achievement is?

For the other one you need to jump so far in a car. You usually get it after the first jump you do, or at least I did.

Supaaafly
11-12-2006, 02:18 PM
Spend 3 f*^kin' hours trying to get up the hill on second level, after restarting level I discovered the smoke grenades in the bunker...finally made it...don't let anyone tell you that Veteran is easy cos it absoloutely is not!

Darth Odan
11-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Lol. That one took me a half hour, simply because I threw grenades and then: FRIENDLY FIRE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!

Then the third mission, stupid French retards would get in the way and not help me in any way: Friendly Fire. Or They woun't shoot the German infront of them and I'd die.

Fourth Mission was easy, had a little trouble covering the Sargent, but it was easy. Fifth one, haven't tried it.

Supaaafly
11-12-2006, 02:34 PM
Then the third mission, stupid French retards would get in the way and not help me in any way: Friendly Fire. Or They woun't shoot the German infront of them and I'd die.

You gotta ask yourself...where does pleasure end and pain begin!?

Darth Odan
11-12-2006, 02:36 PM
Lol. I was like:

No wonder they lost this war so fast. T.T It was fun in the begining but then it got annoying!!!

Yay! I'm at mission 8! :D The forest. Its complete bull. Enemy shoots through threes. I'm NO WHERE NEAR the three, and my bullets don't hit. Sniper shot, chest: German turns around and from across the map shoots me down with an MP 40. Okay, I move foward! I have THREE team mates next to me, out of THREE people I'm the lucky one. I died and my team mates look at the floor! Besides that, infinite enemy respawns is VERY good. I hope this is the hardest level, because I'm getting tired of that crap over and over and over again.

zam
11-13-2006, 01:33 AM
The question was asked in the first post, but haven't been any answers yet. How is Veteran in this compared to Veteran in CoD2? Harder, easier?

Darth Odan
11-13-2006, 01:40 AM
Its easier. Some parts are hard, but nothing compared to Call of Duty 2.

zam
11-13-2006, 02:00 AM
Its easier. Some parts are hard, but nothing compared to Call of Duty 2.

Allright, thanks, it shouldn't be too hard to do Veteran then, CoD2 was just on the verge of being controller-throwing-hard :P

Darth Odan
11-13-2006, 08:54 PM
GAHHH! I'm stuck on the 12th chapter. Last mission as the Poles. I'm at the place where you choose to be a Sniper or go on the trench. Help, please.

DELTA FOX
11-13-2006, 10:36 PM
In my opinion, its harder than Veteran in COD2. It took a total of maybe 10 hours for me to do COD2 and I've been doing COD3 for 5 hours and only on mission 6 :S

Darth Odan
11-13-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm on mission 12. Its hard. Starts easy then it goes harder and harder per level

zebatov
11-14-2006, 02:38 AM
Supaaafly- I was stuck on that hill too. It's hurtin. I had to use a smoke and run to the right as fast as I could. I only had one smoke after the checkpoint, so it was near impossible. I just poked my head up over those bushes to clear any enemies that came over first.

Darth Odan
11-14-2006, 02:40 AM
I did the same thing. Now in the last mission :D :D :D. Near the part covering Guzzo as he places the flares. Almost done!!!!!!!!!!!!

zebatov
11-14-2006, 02:45 AM
I havent played it in ages because I kept getting raped by Oaks and Junipers. Oh. Then I parked in front of a tank. I've been playing Gears of War and made halfway through Act 4 on my own on Insane before calling in my friend to help out.

Supaaafly
11-14-2006, 03:21 AM
Supaaafly- I was stuck on that hill too. It's hurtin. I had to use a smoke and run to the right as fast as I could. I only had one smoke after the checkpoint, so it was near impossible. I just poked my head up over those bushes to clear any enemies that came over first.

I had to painfully restart the mission in order to get smoke grenades (SG), ended up with 4 though.

Way I got up there was to shoot nearby Nazi's from bushes and lob an SG run straight up hill to first point of cover and wait for squad to advance. From where I was I could take out gunners on right side, threw another SG and circled round to the top right behind large tree. From there, lobbed grenade and run into building at the top of the hill to clear up remaining Krauts.

Unfortunately, I then ran all gung-ho to the left side to pick off the last 2 and got killed!?! :mad: Back to the start...finally conquered it though! :woop: Now I'm stuck in the factory on level 5...somehow gotta help the Sarg blow up 2 Panzers whilst the whole German army takes pot shots at my ass?!?! :confused:

Darth Odan
11-14-2006, 03:24 AM
That was an easy one for me. Use Smoke and move from cover to cover. Move ahead and back to the same place s oyour allies move on.

zebatov
11-14-2006, 03:47 AM
Yeah. I'm not so worried about the enemies. I'm more worried about my console blowing up from all these glitches.

Supaaafly
11-14-2006, 04:02 AM
That was an easy one for me. Use Smoke and move from cover to cover. Move ahead and back to the same place s oyour allies move on.

I'll give it a shot mate, thanks for the advice! Good luck with the last level

Darth Odan
11-14-2006, 04:07 AM
Woot! I finished Veteran!! :D :D :D! I finally passed my first 10,000 in my Gamertag :D. Feels rewarding XD. Also, try doing a certain order.

The Crane
Explosive
Then the wheel thing.

After that, the first panzer walk a bit close then BACK AWAY and the dude will walk to the tank. [ This works for EVERYTHING] for the secound, save three smoke grenades and create a smoke screen. Go in, out and boom. Mission done.

Zef
11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
If there is one thing COD3 veteran levels have taught me, it is that German weaponry does not obey conventional laws of physics.

Walls don't stop bullets anymore =(

Darth Odan
11-14-2006, 09:06 PM
I learned that the hard way in trenches...

ll Nitemare ll
11-14-2006, 09:15 PM
I know this is a stupid question, but should i goto level select and play from the first level on Veteran, or start a new game on Veteran?

jigsaw250
11-14-2006, 09:40 PM
The hill took me forever when I did it the first time I veteran, but I finally beat it. Then somehow my game froze right as the game was trying to save and he made me lose that whole save. Good thing I was only on the 3rd mission. If I was on the twelfth i probably would have broke my f'in controller. Anyways so I did it again and amazingly I was able to get to the top on my second try and on that second try it only took me about 5 or so minutes before I was able to reach the hill. At the beginning of the part I kept on varying between different locations in the bushes to bring down some of the germans. Also I listened to the gunfire so that I could make sure at what point they had to pause to reload. Finally I had the pattern down and as soon as the ones with machine guns were loading I ran like hell to the fallen tree trunk for cover. I waited a couple of seconds until my squad got to my location and then I followed the path of water that was to the right. The AI I guess doesnt know how to do lead shots so as I was moving the bullets would hit things behind me. About half way up I took cover again just for a second and then continued up the hill where the rest was just using cover and shooting.

Zef
11-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I know this is a stupid question, but should i goto level select and play from the first level on Veteran, or start a new game on Veteran?

I started a new game, not sure if the tutorial is counted towards the veteran levels but it is best to be safe.

Darth Odan
11-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I did the exact same thing.

ll Nitemare ll
11-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Allright, thanks. I'm only to the hill on Chapter 2 so far... and it's tough as shit. Lol.

Bunta
11-15-2006, 07:49 PM
I started a new game, not sure if the tutorial is counted towards the veteran levels but it is best to be safe.

Make sure you start a new game, I've just finished it after restarting the game from the level select and the achievement did not unlock.

:mad:

healas
07-25-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm stuck on the fuel plant mission... im right at the end when you have to work your way through the furnace and i just cant do it! anyone who has done it please give me advice:confused:

Dstrukt
07-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm stuck on the fuel plant mission... im right at the end when you have to work your way through the furnace and i just cant do it! anyone who has done it please give me advice:confused:

Ah yes, this most difficult section of that level. Take your time and use those smoke grenades! Focus on the soldiers immediately in front of you and use the mining carts for cover. Take note of the soldier locations before you toss smoke grenades. Move along the southeast side of the wall. That will lead you directly to the stairs. Once you finally make it up to the catwalks, it's a little easier. Use the boxes strewn about for cover and finish off the last chain of Gerrys while heading northwest to make it out.

foulpirate
08-09-2007, 04:09 AM
when i first got this game i started playing veteran right away. but after completing Chapter 4: Mayenne Bridge on veteran, i decided to just start a new game on normal and get the "Won the War" achievement.

now i want to get Grizzled Veteran. I was wondering if i could just start where i left off and finish the rest of the game on vet. or would i have to start a new game on vet and do the first four levels over again?

Dstrukt
08-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Unfortunately, you'll need to redo the four levels again. Start a fresh new game from the training mission.

Blargonots
08-10-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm working on the vat achievment right now and have gotten myself into the forrest. The hardest part I have come across would be trying to destroy the 3 flank 88s. If I had a purple heart for each 20 deaths, I'd surely have 2 by now.

My only advice would be to destroy them as you go, and not charge through, because when you go back to set the explosives, more enemies seem to spawn at the next one ><

edit: This is chapter 9,Laison River

Blargonots
08-11-2007, 12:01 AM
Passed it, success!!

I had no gernades- only smoke. Through the 3rd flak 88, I had to use smoke. The first 2 seemed pretty easy.

My advice, kill the 3 on first flak 88 and RUSH up to the second killing who you can quickly on your way up. Don't run into its pit but hide behind its wall and jump in and out of site to clean them out. Plant explosive on Flak88#2, run to #1 and plant. After #1 is planted run back up there will be 1-2 at the second again but easy to pick off. For the 3rd, be patient.. work your way in. can't help on that one. Just toss a smoke at them- you can see their shadows but they can't see you. have fun.