PDA

View Full Version : Search Feature Problem

JC
02-06-2009, 11:18 PM
Okay, this is not an idea. It is just an error on the site that may need to be addressed. It is not super important, but it is an error on the site nonetheless.

Say, you simply search "me" or "my" (say you quickly wanted to search for My Horse and Me 2) on the mainsite, it comes up with this error message, and it logs you out of the site too. :confused:

Is there any way to fix this small error, I realise it is just a minor nuisance, but just wanted to bring it to your attention.

After searching for (for example) "me" on the mainsite, you see this:
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee50/Jakescs123/SearchError-1.jpg

Missis Beki
02-06-2009, 11:22 PM
I get this a lot if I spell something wrong when searching, I click retail games, which then brings up the full list and shows me as being logged back in without me having to actually put my details in again but it does get annoying.

The Pants Party
02-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Minimum search is four characters. Use "horse" or whatever other word is in the name of the game. The only games you can't find using the search are N+ and Uno. Everything else should have one word you can use.

JC
02-07-2009, 09:05 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Could that be changed though, as there are two XBLA games you cannot search for (UNO, N+)?

Also, any ideas on why it logs you out?

narcolepticshee
02-07-2009, 11:51 AM
How come the minimum is 4 characters?

Is there any reason for this?

Peace

The Pants Party
02-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Mostly so people don't search for "a" and then flood the server with requests on any game with that letter in it, which would obviously be most of them. Just a precaution.

JC
02-10-2009, 02:24 PM
So is this not going to be fixed?

Jappe XBA
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Mostly so people don't search for "a" and then flood the server with requests on any game with that letter in it, which would obviously be most of them. Just a precaution.

You could make it 2 or 3 letters? :p

Ungodly
02-10-2009, 02:49 PM
ocasionally when i click the forum section if its highlighted for a game i just get a copy of the page can the link be disabled if there isnt one. or just automatically make one if the game is worth it

Wehttam
02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Searching for "game or games" always seems to crash the search feature as well, i was searching for cancelled games before and found it didn't work. Also in the case of searching for "my love for you is like a truck" seemed to cancel out all the words except love and truck but now it doesnt even search at all and comes up with :

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/xbox360a/public_html/forum/search.php on line 1160"

The Pants Party
02-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Wehttam, you're talking about the forum search. The topic is about the game search function on the main site.

As for "fixing" it... it's not broken. I personally don't know why it has to be four characters minimum, but I asked Routine about it before and he said that was the minimum he wanted it to be.

JC
02-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Okay, thanks for clearing that up Pants.

True, it is not broken, strictly speaking, just wondered if the minimum was going to be lowered.