PDA

View Full Version : Hammerons don't work?

Oinkness
02-06-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm up to what I guess is the last gig. I managed to complete Highway Star on expert just by manually strumming and hitting each note in the solo because the notes don't freaking register when I try to tap them. I'm wondering what is wrong, because I can't beat a single one of the other songs that all require tapping. It just doesn't work. I know you have to play the wide note first and then start tapping but it doesn't register a single tap.

I'm using the GHWT guitar -- is it incompatible with Rock Band as far as tapping goes? :mad:

As a guitarist I can honestly say this is about as far from accurate as they could have gone with the note mapping. -_-

SebastianSB
02-06-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm up to what I guess is the last gig. I managed to complete Highway Star on expert just by manually strumming and hitting each note in the solo because the notes don't freaking register when I try to tap them. I'm wondering what is wrong, because I can't beat a single one of the other songs that all require tapping. It just doesn't work. I know you have to play the wide note first and then start tapping but it doesn't register a single tap.

I'm using the GHWT guitar -- is it incompatible with Rock Band as far as tapping goes? :mad:

I'm guessing you've only played GHWT and maybe GH3 or GHA...GH2, RB, and RB2 all have much tighter timing windows than the Guitar Hero games that were made by Neversoft. Nothings wrong with your guitar....your timing is just off.

Tom115
02-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Like Sebastian said, your timing is just out, HO's and PO's don't just stop working.

Oinkness
02-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I can't even do expert guitar on guitar hero world tour because it's so much more thorough. o_o Up until this last gig expert guitar on Rock Band was pretty easy then it went ridiculous all of a sudden. This is the only game I've ever done expert guitar on, and I only own these 2 games. >_>

JK Ferret
02-08-2009, 10:06 PM
If you're talking about no strumming on solos, with a GH guitar... you can't do it. Only way is to use a RB Strat guitar, the solo buttons on there work. All GH guitars you need to strum every note in the solo. (except HOPOs)

For general hammer-ons/pull-offs, learn to recognise them well (harder to spot than in GHs), they CAN be done with a GH guitar, I use my World Tour guitar for all games and I can hit the HOPO.

vgcollateral
03-10-2009, 05:09 PM
ive completed rock band, GH2 & GH3 all on expert and overall i think GH3 has more difficult songs. but the timing window on rockband made the last setlist a bastard and a half in some of the more difficult solos like flirtin with disaster and green grass and high tides. in the end i practiced using the solo buttons on the strat and after a couple of hours of practicing GGHT i nailed the solos, can still only get 94% notes hit in GGHT but the first time i passed the song with about 88% i was pretty chuffed.

proves practice maybe doesnt make perfect but makes a hell of a better result