PDA

View Full Version : How to win in career at champ difficulty?

bano
02-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Starting a whole new career, you'll never be able to win a race at champ difficulty as long as you haven't upgrade your bike.

So I thought, let's start a new career on easy, upgrade your bike an then switch to champ difficulty after the first season. But it looks like you're not allowed to switch between the difficulties.

I don't get it - how do you win a career at championship difficulty? Let me tell you: I'm experienced with the Moto GP-games for years, so it's not a matter of skills. What's the point to solve this problem? Am I deaf, dumb, blind ...?!

HBHarrison
02-07-2009, 12:59 PM
For every win in a 125cc race on Champion in career mode, you will get a TON of upgrade points, (more then normal ) and by the end of that 1st season, you pretty much have enough points to upgrade every setting for the 250cc career before the 1st race.

So, win a bunch of 250cc races in that same career an by the time you win the 250cc season, you should have WAY more than enough points to have a FULL BIKE UPGRADE to start the MOTOGP class season.

For me, the 125cc seasons were the hardest, so i know where your coming from.

Hope this helps, as i have gotten all the achievements possible for this game, except for the glitched Finish all Challenges achievement that wont unlock

HB

Midnight Malice
02-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Well the point he is making is that he cant win at the 125cc level on champion. Ive only done the first race, using Advanced handling, which is where I am best at, and I can't even place... as a matter of fact, I couldn't even move up the grid, the bike was just too damn slow IMHO. Id move up a number of places around corners and such, then just get passed like I'm riding a tricycle down the straight. I had my bike set to give me MAX speed, but still... I'm not slow at this game by any means, and I find it very difficult starting 125cc. Guess I just have to keep working, maybe different tracks will bring be better results, but damn...

oh, and about that last achievement... I emailed the lead developer directly about a week ago, and didn't get a reply. So either they are already working on it, or they don't care.

bano
02-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Well the point he is making is that he cant win at the 125cc level on champion.

Exactly that's the point. I just started a new career today and tried to qualify for the first race. I was more than 5 seconds (!!!) behind 1st position. So I started the race from the last position and worked my way thorugh the field and finished 25th. There's absolutely NO WAY to beat the opponents on champion as long as you haven't upgrade your bike. You need to be competitive, and therefore you need to have an upgraded bike.

Just as you say, I move up a number of places around corners and directly loose this places on the straights.

I can't imagine that champion is that difficult. There must be a way to beat this game mode. The only question is: HOW?! :(

@HBHarrison: As you've gotten the achievements for winnig at champ difficulty ... can you describe how you were able to beat the first races in a 125cc career?

HBHarrison
02-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Exactly that's the point. I just started a new career today and tried to qualify for the first race. I was more than 5 seconds (!!!) behind 1st position. So I started the race from the last position and worked my way thorugh the field and finished 25th. There's absolutely NO WAY to beat the opponents on champion as long as you haven't upgrade your bike. You need to be competitive, and therefore you need to have an upgraded bike.

Just as you say, I move up a number of places around corners and directly loose this places on the straights.

I can't imagine that champion is that difficult. There must be a way to beat this game mode. The only question is: HOW?! :(

@HBHarrison: As you've gotten the achievements for winnig at champ difficulty ... can you describe how you were able to beat the first races in a 125cc career?

No problem.... i will try

NOTE: I did all the careers on Simulated handling, manual gears,
1 lap races

Max speed, there's your fault right there, there ALWAYS going to be faster then you. I always put most of my upgrades to start on acceleration.

Qualifying: I know its hard, but its ALL about the qualifying. Practice until you get in the 1st row (as 1st,2nd,3rd,4th) That's where you will make most of your time with the good start.

Race: There are a couple of turns in Qatar (1st race) where the A.I. don't take the same as you would. I know there is 3 turns ( i believe 8,9,10 ) where in 125cc i don't let off the gas or touch the brake, where as the A.I. does. If your having trouble, just watch the replay of the A.I do the race, keep track of there lines during the race an practice from there. You don't have to have a perfect season either, i know i didnt. I think i made poll 14x an finished 1st only 11x out of the 17 races

Bike setup: Never changed it. Always used defualt settings

Rain Races: Only tried to get in the top 15. (thats when you start getting points) ...and let me tell ya, i NEVER won a rain race lol It was just to stupid, the A.I. were to good an they wouldnt give a damn about your line and just think it was bumper cars an knock you over. In a typical season there were 2 rain races. ( if your lucky)

Keep an i eye on who is 2nd and 3rd in standings, as for since they are the closest to you in the standings you wanna make sure u beat them in the race.

Hope this helps

HBHarrison
02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Well the point he is making is that he cant win at the 125cc level on champion. Ive only done the first race, using Advanced handling, which is where I am best at, and I can't even place... as a matter of fact, I couldn't even move up the grid, the bike was just too damn slow IMHO. Id move up a number of places around corners and such, then just get passed like I'm riding a tricycle down the straight. I had my bike set to give me MAX speed, but still... I'm not slow at this game by any means, and I find it very difficult starting 125cc. Guess I just have to keep working, maybe different tracks will bring be better results, but damn...

oh, and about that last achievement... I emailed the lead developer directly about a week ago, and didn't get a reply. So either they are already working on it, or they don't care.

Someone already did that a long time ago, i believe they said "We know about it, yet we are currently not working on the issue". So good luck with that lol

bano
02-09-2009, 06:44 PM
Well, thanks Harrison for your advice and help. Unfortunately I've to tell you that I gave up. I tried the whole evening winning this first race. Did everything you told me, even changed the setup.

Here is what I did: Simulated handling, manual gears, slightly raised top-speed and nearly full grip. Place 24 in the starting grid was the best I could get. After the lights went green, I went up to the 5th-8th place, but lost all these places after turn 2 or 3. The best result was 12th place after my 3,435th try.

Maybe I'm not the very best biker but as I told you, I'm pretty experienced with racing games. Even if I miss 10% to the world's top moto-gp-bikers ... this mode seems to be just impossible. The last races in "Ridge Racer 6" are a piece of cake compared to this part of Moto GP 08. As long as your bike has no upgrade-points, you're just not competitive.

Let's think back of Moto GP 06/07. There you're able to start a career on easy, so you could slowly upgrade your biker to be competitive enough to win on championship difficulty later in the game. But in Moto GP 08 you have simply nothing ... so that makes it nearly impossible. Moto GP was such a great game. Back then ...

Anyway, I take my hat off to those who actually won these races. Respect!

Midnight Malice
02-10-2009, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I can win on champion in quick race using 125cc, 250cc, and motogp bikes, but the begining of the career, with no upgrades I just cant even get close to getting upgrades... IDK what to do other than keep playing. I'm usually in the top 3 when racing online, and can finish 1st in every other part of the game except for the beginning of the career on champion...

HBHarrison
02-10-2009, 05:18 PM
i don't know what else to tell you guys lol

Keep practicing, WATCH THERE LINES!! Watch the replay after you lose a race. Try and figure out where they are getting better times.

If worst comes to worst, i will do it for ya!! lol

StuartH
05-03-2010, 06:24 PM
On a Championship difficulty career your objective in the first season is just to fully upgrade your 125cc bike. You get an upgrade point for only 3 career points. Don't expect to get any, or hardly any, points in the first few races. Just keep going until you get a track where you're particularly good. Once you get some upgrades it makes it easier to get the rest. The AI is always harder on the first few tracks (particularly Losail) anyway. I had only got 2 upgrade points by race 10, Saschenring, but won that race to get another 9. Indionalopis is also another easy race.

With a fully upgraded 125cc bike it's easy to win the 125 chamionship in the 2nd year - I won 14 of the races. By doing this you earn enough upgrade points to fully upgrade the 250cc and MotoGp bikes from the off.

But despite starting the 3rd season on a fully upgraded 250cc bike it was still difficult, quite a bit more so than the 125cc class. After the first couple of races you can still win enough. Try to have 2 memory cards and try some races several times. You can improve your chances by re-running races to see if your main opponents do worse, and also to avoid rain races.

I won the 250cc class in my 3rd season but found the step up to MotoGp very difficult. So I went back to 125cc for the 4th season to earn enough career points to unlock the Ducati team for MotoGp. In the 5th season I finally won the MotoGp, winning 10 races. After so long on the slower bikes it is difficult to adust to the extra braking you have to do. The AI is merciless taking slow and tight turns faultlessly. If you brake only slightly too much you get overtaken by several bikes.

One of your great helps in Championship difficulty is that you get a fast start over the AI bikes. You can quality lower down and still be amongst the leading riders into the first turn, if you qualify in pole you can be well ahead of the melee in the first turn. You need this as the AI catches up quickly. But in MotoGp class you don't really get this fast start and need to be very defensive. One big poblem is AI riders bumping into the back of you at a turn, just when you have finished braking and want to start turning, thereby stopping you turning. I had to take some unorthodox lines, sometime even onto the grass, to keep position - you need to keep in clear 1st so you can take the best lines.

webbface
05-29-2010, 06:25 PM
In my 1st 125cc I got a few decent results getting about 100 points or so. Moved to a better team the next season and racked up the points enough to get into rizla suzuki squad at best. Struggled with them finishing 8th in championship so went back into 125cc with aspar team and won the title. Meaning the final season I won on a Repsol Honda. Qualify well and make sure you get decent results at your favourite tracks and pick up the odd points at your least favourite tracks. Once you are in a good team you should pick up podiums at most races.

BosmaniaK
07-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Max speed, there's your fault right there, there ALWAYS going to be faster then you. I always put most of my upgrades to start on acceleration.

omg. I never reply to people over spelling mistakes but god...
English isn't my 1st language and I even know this

xLMx1994
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
i got this fairly easy, within a couple of weeks of getting the game, and it was on my first ever moto gp game. ive only had SBK 09 and 08 before this and i got this easy. dont see what was so hard about it. i found 125 easiest and each season got harder as it went on. dont like this game anyway. didnt get this years. hoping next years will be realistic and look good, if there is one.