PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy has the game release on Wednesday by 2pm

KemicalSupreme
02-09-2009, 03:16 PM
I have noticed since fear came out that the release for Fear, and the xpacks were always on Wednesday at Best Buy. Anyone else notice? Gamestop selling it tomorrow?

laundryman
02-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Never noticed that.

My Gamestop is selling it tomorrow. Wonder why Best Buy would release games a day late. They never usually have supply issues do they?

JasonBlade
02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
It ships on the 10th & will be in stores on the 11th...unfortunately this isn't gonna be released like any other game but will be available to buy on wednesday.

KemicalSupreme
02-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Never noticed that.

My Gamestop is selling it tomorrow. Wonder why Best Buy would release games a day late. They never usually have supply issues do they?
They do have issues with this. Game stop I think has the same delivery schedule. I will be calling tomorrow to make sure. I know I had an issue with command and conquer 3 when it came out. I wanted it on Tuesday. It said release date was on Tuesday. I checked both bestbuy and gamestop and they both said it is shipped to them on Tuesday and cant release it till the next day. FKED!

KemicalSupreme
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Gamestop has it available on FEB 11th. Check there site

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/olfsi_020609-2.aspx

I should have just figured since Fear1, and both xpacks came out on a Wednesday. Why would this be different. Doesnt bother me though, I have night class tomorrow night ;)

laundryman
02-10-2009, 12:35 AM
Damn. Well I guess I'll have to wait another day.

StumpyDan360
02-10-2009, 05:56 AM
this irritates me to no end.. if they arent goin to have it out where u can buy it then they dont need to F**KIN say it comes out the 10th when u cant get it til the 11th..

KemicalSupreme
02-10-2009, 02:59 PM
I called all the game stops in the greater Milwaukee Metro Plex and it appears all will have them on Tuesday at 11 am. Go figure!

Kiutu
02-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Maybe I mistook one of the others for it or something, but I could have sworn I saw FEAR 2 for sale at Best Buy a while ago. I remember not getting it cause I wanted to go back and finish FEAR 1. I remember a 2, but maybe it was just the expansion one and I imagined a 2?

KemicalSupreme
02-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Maybe I mistook one of the others for it or something, but I could have sworn I saw FEAR 2 for sale at Best Buy a while ago. I remember not getting it cause I wanted to go back and finish FEAR 1. I remember a 2, but maybe it was just the expansion one and I imagined a 2?

You may have saw the players guide there. It has been there for a while. Or they usuallly display the case of the game under coming soon. Maybe you saw that. Was Halo Wars and Resident Evil 5 next to Fear 2?

Absolutionz
02-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I hate the dates on games and shit. :(

I wanted FEAR 2 today.

KemicalSupreme
02-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I hate the dates on games and shit. :(

I wanted FEAR 2 today.

False advertisement!

lostmotiv
02-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Fear 2 actually came out in canada today (10th) i got my phone call that my copy was ready to be pick up around noon. We supposed 2 get wicked freezing rain here today tho so i opted to wait till after class tomorrow 2 go pick it up.

laundryman
02-11-2009, 12:25 AM
I called today and they hadn't gotten it in yet. :(. Oh well. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

Rolyatkcinmai
02-11-2009, 12:39 AM
99% of games come out on Wednesdays... Is this really anything new? You always add a day to the release date..

squid5580
02-11-2009, 09:33 PM
At the GS in my area it seems the triple A titles are usually out by Tuesday but for the lesser known titles it can be as late as Thursday. I always hope for Tues but expect Wed.

Vendetta
02-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Here is what happens in regards to street dates:

Like Rolyatkcinmai said most games do come out on wednesday (they ship out on tuesday). However some places out on the east coast may get them on tuesday because of being closer to the distribution centers.

Games like Halo Wars & Resident Evil 5 for example are "street dated" much like Movies & CD's every week. Titles like those will be available on that date. Everything else will come in generally on wed or thursday of the release week. The "AAA" titles are generally the only ones that get street dated (Gears, COD, Fallout, Fable, etc). Gamestop does a horrendous job of saying when the release date actually is and in fact only puts the date it gets shipped to them or the day they ship out their online orders.

KemicalSupreme
02-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Guys, there have been days when the shipment dates and game release dates at stores have been the same. Pay attention more often. Trust me, I pay attention because I dont buy games often. When I want a game bad, I hardly cant wait. I have had games on sites say they are realeased tuesday and then you look at BB ad and they say Weds. Other days you have tues release with them actually being released tuesday. GTA 4 was one that was released on a tuesday just like they said it would.

lostmotiv
02-11-2009, 10:20 PM
in canada its very rare for a game NOT to be released on the ship date of tuesday.