PDA

View Full Version : Have you played it yet?

Inyaface13
02-10-2009, 06:52 AM
Well I played the demo and I thought that was pretty awesome, I am still a little worried because the first FEAR was good but it could have been better. I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about, Now that Monolith and WB are running the game I think its going to live up to its potential. So for the lucky ones who get to play it before anyone else..Post your thoughts asap.

KemicalSupreme
02-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Well I played the demo and I thought that was pretty awesome, I am still a little worried because the first FEAR was good but it could have been better. I'm sure some of you know what I am talking about, Now that Monolith and WB are running the game I think its going to live up to its potential. So for the lucky ones who get to play it before anyone else..Post your thoughts asap.

Their was nothing better than Fear when it first came out. Absolutely nothing better than it for FPS.

kormac
02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
while it's always going to be hard to beat an original title due to freshness etc. this sequel does what a sequel should do. it basically improves on every aspect of the first game. sounds, visuals, level design, variety and so on and on.

im only at beginning of level 4 but i've seen more variety in scenery than i saw almost in the entire fear 1 game. and im sure it will only get more varied as it goes on. this was fear 1's biggest flaw and they pretty much fixed it this time round. also the removal of leaning (at least for the console version) is a great idea in my opinion. other little tweaks to the feel of the controls, the colour palatte, more comm chatter and so on are better for the overall experience.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Is it possible to remap the slow mo button to RB like it should be?

Inyaface13
02-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Their was nothing better than Fear when it first came out. Absolutely nothing better than it for FPS.

Yeah, I think I made the mistake of playing it to late. I finally got to play FEAR a month after playing COD4 and Halo 3.

KemicalSupreme
02-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Yeah, I think I made the mistake of playing it to late. I finally got to play FEAR a month after playing COD4 and Halo 3.

Did you enjoy Fear? I do happen to think the Multiplayer death matches are fun. cant really see that is when noone plays it on XBOX 360. But the story mode rocks

Inyaface13
02-10-2009, 08:39 PM
Yeah I enjoyed it honestly but I think it could have been better in some places. When I tried to play it online, There was not many people playing at all. I will say that FEAR was the first time I have been honestly scared in a game since the original Silent Hill.

WntrWolf
02-11-2009, 03:53 AM
i just played the first 7 missions and i like it so far. Lots of jump moments. My only complaint is that I KNOW i missed an intel twice on two different levels and because of the auto save i cant restart the whole level. I went once to see if i could start new but that would just delete the game im going so it doesnt look like there is any sort of level select once you've beat a mission.

I know these are small things but its enough to be annoying. I was hoping to get all the offline achievements in one play through so that i could focus on the online ones.

over all its fun. Im glad i picked it up

squid5580
02-11-2009, 05:56 AM
Oh man I have been online all night. It rawks. No med packs (well sort of) and you do regen at a slow pace. You can set up your own weapon starting packs which is handled by giving you 14 points and weapons, armor and grenades are given a value. And of course med packs. You get xp but I don't know how exactly it works yet. I have 100 kills and some random number of xp. And it seems 1000 is the magic number for private. The new weapons are simply awesome.

agentplatypus
02-11-2009, 07:10 AM
The original Farcry (PC) and Half Life 2 beg to differ.
Any ways, the demo was awesome and I can't wait to get the full game.

Rolyatkcinmai
02-11-2009, 08:20 PM
I am still a little worried because the first FEAR was good but it could have been better.

Has there ever been a game you couldn't say that about?

The original Farcry (PC) and Half Life 2 beg to differ.

Yeah, seriously. Although those were 2004.

People also have to remember that this was a triple-A title on PC. F.E.A.R. was hyped for PC about as much as Gears is for Xbox. So a lot of console players never even bothered with the first F.E.A.R. whereas you'd be hard pressed to find a PC gamer that didn't play it.

KemicalSupreme
02-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Has there ever been a game you couldn't say that about?

Yeah, seriously. Although those were 2004.

People also have to remember that this was a triple-A title on PC. F.E.A.R. was hyped for PC about as much as Gears is for Xbox. So a lot of console players never even bothered with the first F.E.A.R. whereas you'd be hard pressed to find a PC gamer that didn't play it.

Exactly

FEAR WAS THE SHYT and was saddly less hyped on XBOX 360.

Elit3 m0nkey
02-12-2009, 03:11 AM
Never got to play the original FEAR. But ya, this game is simply awsome. Presentation is amazing and so is the combat. MP takes a little getting used to and the ranking system is confusing but overall still worth a look.

Inyaface13
02-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Well, I just played the game..for 6 hours straight and I have to say I love this game a lot! The story so far blows the original F.E.A.R. out of the water and so does the multiplayer. I have been playing Death match for 5 hours and I love it, though when I play Team Death match or Blitz I get tore up. I don't like how some of the achievements are glitched.

o0EVIL0o x360a
02-13-2009, 05:34 PM
The achievements aren't really glitched man. The descriptions are just kinda poor on some of them. "I'll take those odds" I believe is having a 2.0 K/D ratio in a single ranked match. Yes, this game is very good. The campaign feels kinda lenghthy compared to other FPS games that have come out recently. Disappointed in lack of Extreme difficulty and Instant Action, but who isn't? If Monolith is checking response to the game, I'm sure they'll pick up on that and try to cash in with DLC. If they do, I'll buy it, I'm a sucker for FEAR games. I just wish it was included from the get-go.