PDA

View Full Version : Glitch ruined me.

Axe Argonian
02-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Well, I rented this game, and I have been playing it since Sunday. However, yesterday, something very bad happened. My brother and I have separate gamer tags. He went to the main menu and signed out. I signed in, but something corrupt happened. I was at Episode 5, and my game was tricked into thinking that everything that he did, I had already accomplished. Example, I took a picture of the Dharma Van....no Achievement, and the game said that I had already taken a picture of it.

That's not all. I went to the main menu, and all episodes were unlocked. Every extra was unlocked as well. I deleted both of our files on the Dashboard. There was no data left on this game. I was willing to play through again to reach where I was. Apparently, I turn on the game (remember, everything was deleted), and I can continue in Episode 5. Guess what? Every extra was unlocked. Why the heck is this happening? Is there any way to fix this?

I can't just drop this game. I'll look like an idiot if I have a 400 score on this game for ever. I want to finish this game, but all of the extras are all ready unlocked.

Please, I need to know how to fix this. I was looking through the hard drive, and I found something in system items. I was around 300 KB, and it was called "Data Rights". What is that? What happens if I delete that? Is there any way to fix this error?

Thank you, and please help me. I want to get my remaining Achievements.

:(

Axe Argonian
02-10-2009, 07:46 PM
No help whatsoever? :(

lonewolf0913
02-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Only difference is it was the 4 8 15 16 23 42 achievement.
I stopped after it said that it was already unlocked and went to the start screen.
All the chapters are available to me now, even though it was my girlfriend who completed the game with her gamertag.
I have another gamertag on my system and when I started a game with it, the only chapter I can go to is the first chapter.

Have you had any luck figuring this out?

Axe Argonian
02-13-2009, 08:30 PM
Only difference is it was the 4 8 15 16 23 42 achievement.
I stopped after it said that it was already unlocked and went to the start screen.
All the chapters are available to me now, even though it was my girlfriend who completed the game with her gamertag.
I have another gamertag on my system and when I started a game with it, the only chapter I can go to is the first chapter.

Have you had any luck figuring this out?
At least I am not alone. I have searched, and I haven't found an answer.

You can still get the story-related Achievements, but I am disappointed that I am unable to get the photography-related Achievements.

I don't think that there is a way to fix it. I've signed in with a blank gamertag, signed out in a bad moment, and signed in with my account that is having trouble. Unfortunately, my account was not tricked into thinking that it had done nothing. I think it is glued to your account permanently. :(

DoleMan
02-14-2009, 02:22 AM
Well that is a strange one. I'd advise you to get all the remaining story achievements first as that will only take an hour or so. After that comb your harddrive carefully to make sure there aren't any more saves that you may have missed. I've never heard of this happening before, very unlucky. As far as the Data Rights go I was looking through my Hard Drive and I really dont think it would be a good idea to delete that. It seems to be under System Items(if we are looking at the same thing?) and I doubt it is connected to the game.

Another option if you have it available is to reover your gamertag onto a different Xbox and play the game from that Xbox until you complete it. I'm sure somebody could even lend you their Xbox for the 5 or 6 hours it would take for you to complete the game.

timmy2thej
02-14-2009, 05:48 PM
you could try clearing the game cache, and redoing the episodes that have the photo achievements.

Axe Argonian
02-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Well that is a strange one. I'd advise you to get all the remaining story achievements first as that will only take an hour or so. After that comb your harddrive carefully to make sure there aren't any more saves that you may have missed. I've never heard of this happening before, very unlucky. As far as the Data Rights go I was looking through my Hard Drive and I really dont think it would be a good idea to delete that. It seems to be under System Items(if we are looking at the same thing?) and I doubt it is connected to the game.

Another option if you have it available is to recover your gamertag onto a different Xbox and play the game from that Xbox until you complete it. I'm sure somebody could even lend you their Xbox for the 5 or 6 hours it would take for you to complete the game.
Well, I went through my Lost data, and I made sure that I deleted everything. I turned on the game, and everything was still unlocked. I would try using a different Xbox, but any of my friends who have it live very far away.

I'm worried that it's glued to my gamer tag. I tried the game on another account, and I could unlock everything from there. So it seems that it may be glued to my gamer tag.

This is very unfortunate, and I doubt Ubisoft would get off their lazy ass and fix it.

Evo Kazz
02-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Try this...

Delete all your saves for both you and your bro, clear cache from both your accounts, then delete your profile completely.

Then switch off your 360, reboot etc, then recover your gamertag, this has been known to fix various game glitches regarding cheevies not popping.

If that fails then as someone else suggests, only other viable option is try recovering on another console, but thats not always possible.

Failing that contact the game devs and see what they suggest.

If you have a trusted friend maybe send them your account and if they have the game they can try pop it for you? I would offer but I no longer have Lost.

In a desperate attempt to find another solution, try (if possible) to select storage device to memory unit, and play a completely new game from that.

FiReStOrM^
02-16-2009, 02:29 AM
Exactly the same thing has happened for me. I accidently missed "Beam of Light" and although it says I have unlocked it, no achievement.

I have tried many things.. deleted all game saves and everything is still unlocked.. moved my gamer profile to a MU and removed the HDD, everything still unlocked :(. Have not tried recovering the gamertag yet.. clearing the cache I doubt is gonna make any difference seeing as the HDD is not in and i'm using the MU.

This SUCKS!

Edit: RECOVERING GAMERTAG DOES NOT WORK! :( :(

Axe Argonian
02-16-2009, 06:02 PM
It seems nothing is working to fix this glitch. I would contact Ubisoft, but I doubt they'll be helpful at all. If I had enough money, I would first contact them and demand them to fix this, and if they didn't comply, I would file a law suit. It's amazing to see how an easy 1000 turns out to be not so easy at all.

eV I Valkyrie
02-18-2009, 05:59 AM
It seems nothing is working to fix this glitch. I would contact Ubisoft, but I doubt they'll be helpful at all. If I had enough money, I would first contact them and demand them to fix this, and if they didn't comply, I would file a law suit. It's amazing to see how an easy 1000 turns out to be not so easy at all.

why don't you just recover your gamertag round one of your friends house or a different xbox that hasn't had NO lost save file on it then start from scratch? obv you'd have to recover your gamertag on the console then play through the game til you get it?

I dont see why this wouldn't work.

FiReStOrM^
02-19-2009, 01:15 PM
why don't you just recover your gamertag round one of your friends house or a different xbox that hasn't had NO lost save file on it then start from scratch? obv you'd have to recover your gamertag on the console then play through the game til you get it?

I dont see why this wouldn't work.

Did you read my post at all :confused:

Axe Argonian
02-23-2009, 10:14 PM
I heard from a good inside source that Ubisoft is making a patch to fix this glitch. If a patch comes, let everyone here know.

CyanideSpirit
04-13-2009, 03:36 AM
This is wierd

lonewolf0913
05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
I heard from a good inside source that Ubisoft is making a patch to fix this glitch. If a patch comes, let everyone here know.
Have you heard anymore about the possible patch for this?

lern2zhelm
06-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Here's a list of things that might help:

Delete all your gamesaves for this game from your hard drive in memory settings in the Xbox Dashboard.

Go to your achievement list, and if 0, delete game history.

Delete all profiles from your Xbox and recover.

Try playing from a different memory unit, and disconnect the original one if possible.

I personally didn't run into this glitch, but the problem seems to be with your gamesaves/storage device, not your account. If it was your account, I'm pretty sure the achievements would've already been unlocked.

Hope this helps,
Z

lonewolf0913
06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
The problem that is happening is it is affecting the gamertag and not the saved information.
When this occurs its because the achievement has already been unlocked using another gamertag on the same 360.

Might not happen all the times, but this time it definately is being attached to the 2nd gamertag.

I contacted Microsoft, they said to contact UBISOFT and of course UBISOFT says it's microsoft... never heard of that before...

Microsoft pretty much said that they can't do anything to reset the gamertag information (which my question is if they can't who can?)

But their argument was even if they could they couldn't prove I had unlocked the achievement...

I could be wrong, but taking a pic of achievement already unlocked and not having the achievement on my gamertag seems pretty convincing...

I cleared all the files relating to Lost from my hard drive
But when I went to play Lost "for the first time" all the levels are already unlocked...

That's attached to my gamertag not the hard drive.

FiReStOrM^
10-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Well it's been a while and it still drives me crazy having 980 on such an easy simple 1k.

I want to know if anybody has tried recovering their gamertag on another system and trying the game.

I plan to try it soon, but don't want it to be a total waste of time.

Robert-da-pro
04-19-2010, 02:35 AM
Exactly the same thing has happened for me. I accidently missed "Beam of Light" and although it says I have unlocked it, no achievement.

I have tried many things.. deleted all game saves and everything is still unlocked.. moved my gamer profile to a MU and removed the HDD, everything still unlocked :(. Have not tried recovering the gamertag yet.. clearing the cache I doubt is gonna make any difference seeing as the HDD is not in and i'm using the MU.

This SUCKS!

Edit: RECOVERING GAMERTAG DOES NOT WORK! :( :(

Damn i am stuck with exacly same problem as you. Missing Beam of light and i did delete save and played there again.. still says Item already unlocked if take picture and no achievement :S

Tuggerbone
04-20-2010, 04:01 AM
That stinks man, I'm about to start it, so I'll have to make sure to not let anyone else play it till I get mine!

xxxTUCxxx
04-20-2010, 12:30 PM
ive not had any problems with it just only have the 1 save

Robert-da-pro
04-27-2010, 01:00 AM
That stinks man, I'm about to start it, so I'll have to make sure to not let anyone else play it till I get mine!

Just make sure that you do not miss any achievements with first playtrough.. I tought after missed one that can repeat chapter or something to get that like in any other game, but oh NO! Lost is one and only CRAP.. even delete save and new game does not help :uzi:

CELTZ1888
06-27-2010, 01:43 AM
yup same for me, beam of light did not pop up stuck on 980. tryed all of above and nothing works its the gamer tag makes me sick when this happens. few games have glitched on me now

woundedhippo
07-19-2010, 07:04 PM
is this game easy to get full gamerscore?

R4ndom Gren4de
07-31-2010, 12:47 AM
is this game easy to get full gamerscore? Yes, very easy. Just look at the guide for the game on this site while you're doing it.

HELLSPWAN 88
08-17-2010, 01:48 AM
This is such BS I just rented it beat the game had 1000/1000 then went to bed turned it on the next day now have 410/1000 I wanted to snap the game in half!!!!!!!