PDA

View Full Version : [Spoilers] Ending?

kujo28
02-12-2009, 04:31 AM
Anyone else who's beat this game want to clue me in on wtf happened at the end between Becket and Alma?

The name of the last Interval was "Union" so I have a pretty good guess or two. Regardless that was one of the more disappointing endings in a game I've played in awhile.

Amazon XD
02-12-2009, 12:36 PM
Look... everyone needs some lovin. Including Alma.

Judivarious
02-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Okay, so basically, you are fighting Kreegan or whatever that other guys name is, and every time you flip a switch, you can see alma bouncing around and whatnot, but what she is really doing is sexually assaulting/raping you (Which in my opinion is retarded), and that is basically how she gets pregnant....off of you....

The only thing thats WRONG with that ending is:

- How the hell is Alma having sex with you, when you have clothes on..?
- How is Alma pregnant after JUST having sex with you?

Most people think you are making another Pointman, or another Paxton Fettel...

GUrillaTacticz
02-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Alma isn't even alive. At one point in the game they say that while she was in the stasis tank her heart died but her psychic signature lived on. So basically shes having a child spawned from the two most powerful psychic people/beings which will be pure psychic energy and will set up for more earth destruction.

BedCommando
02-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Okay, so basically, you are fighting Kreegan or whatever that other guys name is, and every time you flip a switch, you can see alma bouncing around and whatnot, but what she is really doing is sexually assaulting/raping you (Which in my opinion is retarded), and that is basically how she gets pregnant....off of you....

The only thing thats WRONG with that ending is:

- How the hell is Alma having sex with you, when you have clothes on..?
- How is Alma pregnant after JUST having sex with you?

Most people think you are making another Pointman, or another Paxton Fettel...

She doesn't rape Becket :/
As I see it, she uses her power to manipulate Becket's power into "seeding" her, to create a ultimate being to carry on her revenge.

chris chrome
02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
No you guys, I think you're all wrong. I believe what happened is Beckett is seeing Alma before she died when she was pregnant. When she grabbed his hand and put it on her stomach, the voice of a kid can be heard saying "mommy". It's supposed to be like Beckett says it, as she is really showing him that he is her son.

Absolutionz
02-13-2009, 05:39 AM
No you guys, I think you're all wrong. I believe what happened is Beckett is seeing Alma before she died when she was pregnant. When she grabbed his hand and put it on her stomach, the voice of a kid can be heard saying "mommy". It's supposed to be like Beckett says it, as she is really showing him that he is her son.

Correct .

Steve007101
02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
I second that, also the fact that this game in general was probably one of the biggest let downs for me in quite awhile... sigh.

bloodswan
02-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Yeh I thought he was Alma's son and maybe Keegan too as they both had the two highest psychic abilities of the Harbinger group from memory but Beckett was more mentally stable.

Angel Fire 42
02-13-2009, 01:47 PM
I second that, also the fact that this game in general was probably one of the biggest let downs for me in quite awhile... sigh.

Yes it was a big let down for me also but the game play its self was smooth and flowed along very nicely. I thought we were promised that we would have an answer to Alma but we got more questions than answers.

Steve007101
02-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Actually a lot of answers were provided compared to the few questions that still remained, especially if you reserved the game at gamestop and got the "field manual" that basically had almost all the info from intel you get in the game in a nice booklet. It completely explains all the ATC projects, how Point Man, Alma, and Becket are all related and how they came to be in the universe. The only thing it never really touches on is what happen to Point Man after the Extraction Point expansion and the forgetable character from Perseus Mandate... still all in all the only lingering question remains the ending which can easily have many interpretations.

TylerDurden4220
02-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Harbinger is a project to find normal humans in order to make them into replica commanders, so Beckett cannot be Alma's son as both the Point Man and Paxton Fettel are the two Project Origin prototypes produced by Alma as are referred to in the intel you pick up during the game. Alma at the end of the game does look like she is kinda raping you and probably uses some form of psychic power to impregnante herself from you. Ending does set up for a FEAR 3 but along with Condemned 2: Bloodshot, FEAR 2: Project Origin's plotline was good but fell to pieces during the final levels.

Major Pancakes
02-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Harbinger is a project to find normal humans in order to make them into replica commanders, so Beckett cannot be Alma's son as both the Point Man and Paxton Fettel are the two Project Origin prototypes produced by Alma as are referred to in the intel you pick up during the game.

*claps* And anyone who has played the first game will realise that at the end you discover you and Fettel are the offspring of Alma. Speaking of the sequel's end sequence it does look sexual and the noises are almost definitely sexual.

But I mean, I guess it is possible (well as much as I know about telepathic abilities being possible) that Alma could be pregnant in that almost imaginary psychic form. But she is DEAD, the last time she had children she was just brought out of a coma and still ALIVE. It's a different matter altogether to sprout a baby from essentially nothing surely.

How any of it makes sense I do not know - at least the first FEAR made sense at the end.

What I liked is the two meanings behind the achievement for beating this level - "Climax" :D

EDIT: Just noticed someone mentioned what happened to the Point Man and Perseus character, Point Man's fate should be assumed from FEAR (alive in a helicopter until Alma decided to hitchhike) and not the expansion pack. Likewise, the Perseus Mandate character should similarly be forgotten. Monolith are following their own canon they set down from the original FEAR, not the expansion packs taken from them to be developed by TimeGate Studios. Interestingly though, despite Monolith making that statement, they did mention Perseus as one of Armacham's operations in one of the Intel within this game.

asnaz11
02-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Yeah, it was a trippy ending for me and I wasn't even high. I was like wtf.....Great game, but the ending was weird. When the credits started to roll, I was like "uh...what??? that's it? W...t....f"

bloodswan
02-15-2009, 07:26 AM
I actually quite liked the ending. I honestly don't know what the problem with the ending was though it was a little short. Ambigous endings for these types of games make them better I feel unless they decided to end the franchise.

But I mean, I guess it is possible (well as much as I know about telepathic abilities being possible) that Alma could be pregnant in that almost imaginary psychic form. But she is DEAD, the last time she had children she was just brought out of a coma and still ALIVE. It's a different matter altogether to sprout a baby from essentially nothing surely.

Yes but if her psychic signature was strong enough to refuse to die and she can do all the things she is able to do then potentially it is possible for her to fall pregnant and that this child could exist on whatever plane of existence Alma still exists on.

brizzo9
02-15-2009, 12:16 PM
F.E.A.R 3: Project Origin 2 would not be possible if FEAR 2 had a logical conclusion.

Elit3 m0nkey
02-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Yeh I thought he was Alma's son and maybe Keegan too as they both had the two highest psychic abilities of the Harbinger group from memory but Beckett was more mentally stable.

I think you are right. I believe somewhere in one of the intel items it mentioned that Becket and Alma are related in some way (through blood i believe).

Anyways this was a horrible ending. Even worse than Assains Creed's ending (if you can call it an ending).

TylerDurden4220
02-15-2009, 02:47 PM
I think you are right. I believe somewhere in one of the intel items it mentioned that Becket and Alma are related in some way (through blood i believe).

Anyways this was a horrible ending. Even worse than Assains Creed's ending (if you can call it an ending).
Nah they aren't related as he was part of the HARBINGER project. NOT the ORIGIN project...so he is in no way related. she is attracted to him as Snake Fist explained through gene therarpy and then the attunement process... PointMan and Paxton Fettel are the only two sons of Alma and Keegan was rejected for being mentally instable so his telesthetic potential wasn't great enough. Beckett's however was huge and so Alma must have chosen him to be the father of some form of super-psychic offspring.

Getodragonxx
02-15-2009, 08:12 PM
it is pretty obvious that she raped becket because when u fight against Keegan, he keeps screaming out stuff like "Why does she only care about you!" or "She's mine!". Which pretty much makes sense that she is in fact raping him. and for whoever asked how he got raped with his cloths on, it is probably because she pulled his pants down and did her work. All i know is that the ending was pretty good;). i onostily don't know what the big hating on the ending was about. But the Assasin's Creed ending was just beyond horrible. Made no sense at all. hope that answers questions :p.

Major Pancakes
02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
F.E.A.R 3: Project Origin 2 would not be possible if FEAR 2 had a logical conclusion.

I think people would complain more about that title than the ending if that game becomes a reality :D

Refined Suicide
02-17-2009, 03:16 AM
Yes but if her psychic signature was strong enough to refuse to die and she can do all the things she is able to do then potentially it is possible for her to fall pregnant and that this child could exist on whatever plane of existence Alma still exists on.

Yes, Alma and Beckett are [as of the end of this game] on the same psychic frequency, SO Alma and Beckett both have similar properties. She isn't a physical being, unlike Beckett. Yet, they both completely exist in a paranormal-psychic basis making her real in one way but not the other.

House of El
02-17-2009, 03:39 PM
i didnt play the first or secound fear, but i was left wondering WTF was that all about . i had no clue what had happened and why she was preg. i guess i found my answers right here

NinjaMann
02-18-2009, 07:35 AM
At first I was really pissed that another protagonist was getting taken out in such an ambiguous way like this, but then I realized it was only those wicked gloves he wore that I would miss. After all, that IS all you ever get to really see of Becket.

Lordvader178
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Actually, i think you are all wrong (from what i've read, which is like two of them).

Basically, when your versing Keegan, and you see Alma for brief instances, she's telepathically linking with you. When you end the boss fight, she puts your hand on her stomach. Thats because it's your kid. You and Alma are going to have a child. Your not her child, thats just stupid. Earlier in the game, someone sais she was chasing you because of the power you have. She didn't want to kill you, she just wanted to link with you.

This is coming from an EPIC FEAR NERD who studies the story like religion.

Exane22
02-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Actually, i think you are all wrong (from what i've read, which is like two of them).

Basically, when your versing Keegan, and you see Alma for brief instances, she's telepathically linking with you. When you end the boss fight, she puts your hand on her stomach. Thats because it's your kid. You and Alma are going to have a child. Your not her child, thats just stupid. Earlier in the game, someone sais she was chasing you because of the power you have. She didn't want to kill you, she just wanted to link with you.

This is coming from an EPIC FEAR NERD who studies the story like religion.

And if you would have read all the other post you would have seen that others said the same exact thing ;)

Personally, I found the ending to be amazing and I was quite happy with it. Ive played through the first FEAR half a dozen times or so, and through both Expansions at least twice. I had a very good understanding of what all happened in both of them and the little Handbook/Guide that you get gives a good transition between the two games. I knew exactly what was going on through out the game and the conclusion was damn awesome imo. Cant wait to see what happens to the series :)

shadow sniper
02-28-2009, 05:16 AM
I have to say the endings of these games get worse and worse every time.Extraction point was the only good one IMO.A side from getting laid or not getting laid,whatever that was suppose to be.There are a lot of posts on here talking about if Becket is the son of Alma or not.I just wanna say.She had 2 kids and unless the point man is Becket(Can't be),Becket can't be her son.So that baby is the point man or fettle(unlikely)or it's the devil.Or Neo.Or The 2ed coming of Jesus,who really knows right now.What I really didn't like from this ending was the death of Stokes.She was one of the only female game characters I have ever liked and some old lady kills her....HUH?!

BTW aside from that ending,the game was great!

Violet Grim
02-28-2009, 06:00 AM
Look... everyone needs some lovin. Including Alma.

Touche! :D

Although I think she is much cuter as the little girl, than stalking me as a naked, shriveled-up vengeful spirit!

BigBlueViolence
02-28-2009, 12:21 PM
Alma took revenge because they took her babies away, and at the end when she was pregnant she looked pretty pleased with herself. So however the baby was spawned she might be done fucking shit up because she got what she wanted.

Violet Grim
03-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Yeah... I noticed that too. Maybe because this is a child that she chose to have, unlike the previous pregnancies?

Crakka Rob
03-05-2009, 02:02 AM
sometimes alma doesnt seem shriveled up and looks like a normal naked woman... so seeing her bounce up and down and moan even while trying to be teabagged by strange keegan monster guys still turned me on

Lordvader178
03-05-2009, 11:30 AM
sometimes alma doesnt seem shriveled up and looks like a normal naked woman... so seeing her bounce up and down and moan even while trying to be teabagged by strange keegan monster guys still turned me on

I second that motion.

UkBull3t
03-05-2009, 04:22 PM
u get raped by alma now shes pregnant

phobzy85
03-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Keegan should of just joined in. His loss.

UkBull3t
03-05-2009, 04:56 PM
"shes mine!"

Violet Grim
03-07-2009, 03:18 AM

I second that motion.

LMAO I know what you mean though. She is quite attractive in her 'normal' form. Much nicer than shrivelly Alma, that's for sure! :D

UkBull3t
03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
dont speak lesbian talk -.-

switchZblade
03-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I think she didn't physically rape you but like a few people have said used you to create a stronger telekinetic being, although nobody knows what for therby creating a third F.E.A.R. Although she looks happy, I don't think it's because she has a baby and can settle down, but more now she can **** things up even more. In my opinion, you help father the child of the apocolypse. Congratulations Mr. Becket! It's a girl! :woop:...or maybe a boy.

BTW this ruins the game playing through again in my opinion, because now instead of seeing her as a freaky antagonist trying to make you piss your pants, you see her as a dead girlfreind with some emotional baggage, however with this mentallity you can definetly tell she just wants in your pants

UkBull3t
03-11-2009, 08:10 AM
I think she didn't physically rape you but like a few people have said used you to create a stronger telekinetic being, although nobody knows what for therby creating a third F.E.A.R. Although she looks happy, I don't think it's because she has a baby and can settle down, but more now she can **** things up even more. In my opinion, you help father the child of the apocolypse. Congratulations Mr. Becket! It's a girl! :woop:...or maybe a boy.

BTW this ruins the game playing through again in my opinion, because now instead of seeing her as a freaky antagonist trying to make you piss your pants, you see her as a dead girlfreind with some emotional baggage, however with this mentallity you can definetly tell she just wants in your pants

no duh joker, go look up the word sarcasm

GravefoxVII
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Time to school you guys on the FEAR 2 ending.

summary: Alma grows attracted to Beckett through the course of the game at first from his psychic signature then to a seemingly physical way as well. She uses Keegan to lure you all the way to amplifier inwhich you are strapped down and have no way to resist her in anyway. The whole Keegan fight is a mental distraction she uses on her while she has her way with you. During this fight above the console you can see a timer with the numbers spinning out of control showing a long ass passage of time which explains how she can be so far along in her pregnancy when you emerges from the amplifier. This is proven that she has grown attracted to you during the level where she pins you up on the ceiling and stares at you; she could have easily killed you there and didnt. instead she only changes her old wrinkly self into a young and more sexually attractive version to try and seduce you..its all there folks the ending wasnt that mysterious or confusing to understand if you paid attention to the clues sprawled through the campaign.

Questions?

Lukhuta
05-05-2010, 11:33 AM
Time to school you guys on the FEAR 2 ending.

summary: Alma grows attracted to Beckett through the course of the game at first from his psychic signature then to a seemingly physical way as well. She uses Keegan to lure you all the way to amplifier inwhich you are strapped down and have no way to resist her in anyway. The whole Keegan fight is a mental distraction she uses on her while she has her way with you. During this fight above the console you can see a timer with the numbers spinning out of control showing a long ass passage of time which explains how she can be so far along in her pregnancy when you emerges from the amplifier. This is proven that she has grown attracted to you during the level where she pins you up on the ceiling and stares at you; she could have easily killed you there and didnt. instead she only changes her old wrinkly self into a young and more sexually attractive version to try and seduce you..its all there folks the ending wasnt that mysterious or confusing to understand if you paid attention to the clues sprawled through the campaign.

Questions?

I never saw the timer spinning (gosh playing on hard didn't really let me time to check something else than Keegan) but I'll have to check that out! Thanks for the information, if that is correct that indeed helps to understand! And now that the poster for F3AR is unveiled, it's clear that's she's pregnant with apocalypse (remember Snake fist describes her as "the mother of the apocalypse", guess he was right^^)

Jet1337
05-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Wow, did anyone read the fucking f.e.a.r. 3 preview in Game Informer? I'll quote it from the beginning of the 5th paragraph:

Down a father and son, in the sequel Alma sets out to rebuild her bloodline, targeting an unsuspecting Delta Force operative named Michael Becket as the perfect sperm donor. The protagonist of F.E.A.R. 2, Becket was deemed Alma's ideal candidate due to his psychic abilities, which he obtained by unwillingly going through a psychic procedure while knocked unconscious. During Becket's attempts to trap Alma, she turned the tables and sexually assaulted him in the game's climax. What Alma wants, Alma gets.