PDA

View Full Version : Sonicand Knuckles no way to play lock on games?

Tarliyn
02-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Anyone found a way to play sonic and knuckles locked on with sonic 1, 2, or 3.

I just picked the game up and haven't done any more than a surface search.

Really hoping you can. Thanks

Sorry if this has been posted already didn't look like it had though

Edit: Found my answer, no connection games in this collection, sad

Flik Nightshade
02-13-2009, 08:21 AM
This is quite possibly my only real disappointment with this game. I honestly figured that by having all of the titles on there they would at least set it up so you could play Sonic and Knuckles + 3. That's all I ever played as a kid, I never bothered playing Sonic and Knuckles solo. What was the point? With +3 you got all of the levels together and the save feature which was magically left out of SnK.

Blah.

TtheHedge
02-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Can one say, "potential DLC?"

lozerbick
02-13-2009, 08:06 PM
From Wikipedia:

According to Ethan Einhorn, the producer for the collection, the three "lock-on" games (Knuckles in Sonic 2, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, and "Blue Sphere") were not included citing "tight development times", and that including them would have meant "dropping several titles from the collection altogether", specifically the aforementioned 9 unlockable games since "they all required unique emulation solutions".here's hoping it'll be DLC:drunk

Tarliyn
02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I did not even think of download content for this game... that would be awesome download content and maybe some of those other games we all miss from the sega would be included...

sorry just got my hopes up for most likely no reason : D

Skull Kid
02-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Why didn't they just make Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles one game then? They were always meant to be one anyway, and I doubt it would've taken any time at all to include in there than it would to include them seperately. I think they're just holding them out for something else. Like lozerbick said...DLC, or even possibly a Live Arcade game.

Dalrint
02-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Why didn't they just make Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles one game then? They were always meant to be one anyway, and I doubt it would've taken any time at all to include in there than it would to include them seperately. I think they're just holding them out for something else. Like lozerbick said...DLC, or even possibly a Live Arcade game.

It was taking too long, back during the sega days, to develop the game the way they ended, so they split it in half and released two games.

As for why they didn't include it in this...because they're dumb.