How to save 10 hours in queens matches

Mathematics

Sorry if this info is elsewhere, but I didn't see it and would like to help out any other insane souls who are attempting 1k in this game.....

I am currently in the process of unlocking the flower and scallop suits in queens matches. As you know from the gamefaqs guide you can either wrestle all 26 queens matches with each 10 default characters or simply 'play xxx queens matches'. Although everyone I have seen has said that the 'play xxx matches' way hasn't worked for them.

After some experimenting, I found out that this way not only DOES work, but a little math shows this method will save you about 8-10 hours of gameplay time.

The thing is that you can't just 'play xxx queens matches' with ANY different characters, you have to do it with only ONE character. So if you simply play 116 queens matches with one character, you WILL UNLOCK ALL FLOWER AND SCALLOP SUITS FOR EVERY CHARACTER.

Simply set the match time to 1 minute and once you get to match 50 you will start unlocking the rewards matches. Switch the time of that match to 30 minutes, beat it, then switch back to 1 minute and keep playing until the next reward match.

This means playing only 20 matches instead of 260. Granted, you won't get a ton of money to actually BUY the suits this way, but if you are either rubberbanding a rapidfire controller or doing street fights, it will go quicker that way in the long run anway.

Like I said, I am sure someone had to have figured this out by now, but in my forum travels for this game, I personally didn't come across any surefire explainations for doing this.

Good luck.

Edited by Mathematics

One correction and one addendum;

You can trim even more fat off that time if you just forfeit the queens match the second you start it. They still count, even though they're losses and your girl will take a huge popularity hit. Then you don't need to play with time settings for the one match in twenty you need to win.

Unfortunately, this method will only get you the default girls stuff, not the unlockable heel/faces. For them you will need to use the penalties or play matches 80 matches a piece.

I recommend the 80 match method for the unlockable 10 since you will get plenty of money doing that, and you can do any matches, not just queens.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the great tip! I decided to start another profile run with this game as I could not seem to get the achievement for winning all the single championships on the original profile I started playing the game on years ago. Sucks as I had everyone unlocked and all the clothes able to be purchased.

Anyway, your tip about not having to win the Queens match and playing the 116 rounds but just losing them saved me much time from going and buying the extra queens moves and playing 26 matches with each character.

I know I will still have to do that with the heel characters, but at least I got a lot out of the way.

I didn't realize that when you change your body size to 100% and then change to superstar, you have different moves. That really hurt with one character... It used to be when you built up the killer move and used it, it was all over... But with that character (sorry I dont remember who) I had to do the killer at least 4 times to have it work! I just stopped using it!

Thanks again.

Edited by carwarr

Thanks for the great tip! I decided to start another profile run with this game as I could not seem to get the achievement for winning all the single championships on the original profile I started playing the game on years ago. Sucks as I had everyone unlocked and all the clothes able to be purchased.

I think I would vomit if I had to start this game over. What probably happened is that you forgot to save after winning the title with one of the characters. Since you have already earned money with everyone, you would probably be quicker just going back and re-winning the titles until the achievement pops. You are going to have to play a ton of matches to buy the costumes anyway.

Edited by Kevin Boleware

Well I decided to go back to my original game after thinking about it. I was afraid I might have moved the game save with another profile and I think it says something about not being able to get achievements anymore. This was a long time ago so who knows what I might have done. But I went back to my original one and had only like 6 swimsuits to buy to see if I would get an achevement for it and I did.

I guess my problem is I still have to complete all the Lambdas to get the all singles achievment... so that is what I am working on now.

I decided to play with Lady X substance a little since I didn't see the lethal listed anywere and I found it!!! girl on the corner facing you dazed and walk up to them and hit LB! Not a very good Lethal but I had never seen it before.

Glad to see someone is still reading on this forum.

Yeah, still reading the this forum. Check the achievement diary for most of my RRXX posts. Just a word though. You shouldn't have to win the singles titles with Lambdas for it to unlock the all singles titles achievement. Think you had to miss a save after winning with one of the twenty standard characters.

Crap. I didn't want to hear that! I kept seeing different things as to if you had to do the Lambda or not. Are you saying you got the achievement without doing them personally??? I just finished Lambda 5 so its either do 25 more Lambdas or start on the 20 regular and hope I hit the bad one before 20!

I guess I will work on the normals again then.

I do notice that some achievments have a date with them and sone don't. I am wondering if this has anything to do with the before and after title update thing or not.

Thanks for the tip.

Thats what I wanted to hear, that you personally did not do the Lambdas.

Well I finally got it. Damn Reiko!!! I started doing the singles belts over with 8 characters and then I got to playing Reiko. She has to be one of my worst characters as you cannot seem to do any quick tricks with her. I played my normal 15 matches not worrying about who they were (if you already had the belt once, you only have to play 15 matches and it does not matter who you play against) and no championchip challange! So I did one more to make sure I didn't just mis-count and still nothing... So I started only fighting against the original 9 characters and keeping track of it. I only had 2 left to complete the list and was beginning to think it was a glitch or something and then the singles challange finally popped. Completed it and FINALLY I got the all singles complete achievement.

Thanks so much for your help... I would still be running through all the Lambdas by now and when I finished them and still did not get the achievement, I would probably have snapped the disc in half!!!

Now if only I could find a Madcatz turbo controller to make some money with! I really don't think I will make it all the way to 1000 but at least I got one more achievement out of the way.

Thanks again.

Mitch

I noticed one other strange thing with Reiko... When I built up her body to 100%, the condition needed to do her lethal changed. I dont think I ever did figure out what it was but it was not the same as it was before she was 100%. And I am not talking about the difference between her being normal and superstar. I dont recall this happening on any other characters in the game.

Edited by carwarr

• 3 months later...
I think it would be best to just PLAY the matches. Although it will take a substantial amount of time, it will help you earn RR toward other achievements like The Costumes Complete for example.

Not if you have a rapidfire controlled rubberbanded playing street matches overnights....

• 2 years later...

Amazing guide. I set up Dixie as the character to lose all the queens matches and set her up before work with my Blanka Turbo Pad. Had UP taped down, X Y and A rubber banded down. When i came back she only had 4k from starting with $0 but well over 200 matches played so I can unlock everyone's skimpy ass bikinis and never mess with queens matches again.