PDA

View Full Version : Video Reviews? Video Guides?

Jed05
02-13-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm big on doing Youtube videos, and think it would be great if there were more video content on the site. I'd be willing to post video reviews linking to x360a.org and even include ratings on difficulty of the achievements.

Also, video guides would be cool as well. I'd be up for doing them. Hopefully in one/two/three videos, not links to 200 other videos.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? I mean, some people don't like to read.

Jappe XBA
02-13-2009, 06:04 AM
This is quite a good idea :)

There is already a guy: http://www.youtube.com/user/360AchievementGuides

But if you link the vids to x360a.org its great!

FonduYouLoveMe
02-13-2009, 06:07 AM
Im not promoting myself, but I am starting to review the less popular games such as NPPL and LOTR Conquest are my first two.

www.youtube.com/frozentoews

ThrawnOmega
02-13-2009, 06:42 AM
I'm not sure we can do video reviews for this site. First, there's the issue of equipment... Our review team is spread out all over the US and UK, and most (perhaps all) of us don't have the equipment to film ourselves, get game footage, and splice all that together into a nice video. Plus, the time involved in that would be in addition to those nice, well-proofed reviews you see now, meaning there would be an ever greater delay from a game's release to getting a review up. Sites that do video reviews generally have centrally located offices, and people are getting paid as their main job. (At least that's my impression) We're all scattered, and do review work on the side. Most of us probably couldn't take on the extra time committment.

I don't see us having the time or tech to do official video reviews. Individual people can make their own video reviews if they want, but it'll take some brilliant thinking for there to ever be official ones, as I understand things.

Ingles
02-13-2009, 07:06 AM
I like this idea and there are already many video guides posted throughout various different game forums that I've found of great help. I wouldn't see any problem with that because some users are already doing so. As previously mentioned, I don't think anything official from x360a being video guide related would ever be done as it is a lot of work and editing. Very time consuming.

The Pants Party
02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
Thrawn hit it with the video reviews. Plus I don't want everyone on the site getting all hot and bothered while watching my review instead of actually listening to what I have to say. :p

As for video guides, those are always more than welcome. We add youtube videos to a fair amount of our guides when the achievement could use a more visual demonstration than just words.

jackanape
02-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Thrawn hit it with the video reviews. Plus I don't want everyone on the site getting all hot and bothered while watching my review instead of actually listening to what I have to say. :p

As for video guides, those are always more than welcome. We add youtube videos to a fair amount of our guides when the achievement could use a more visual demonstration than just words.

The only people getting hot and bothered would be the parents of any impressionable young minds seeing your reviews, ha ha!

'OH MY GOD, IT'S THAT PANTS GUY. SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN. SHIELD THEIR EYES...................' :p

Ingles
02-13-2009, 05:31 PM
The only people getting hot and bothered would be the parents of any impressionable young minds seeing your reviews, ha ha!

'OH MY GOD, IT'S THAT PANTS GUY. SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN. SHIELD THEIR EYES...................' :p

Priceless humor. :p

The Pants Party
02-13-2009, 05:35 PM
jack kicks puppies...

Purge
02-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Its a great idea, but there already impleminted into the achievements guides. The video's show what to do rather than telling you what to do which helps you ussually better than simple text.

Not sure about reviews though.

CienPR
02-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Video Reviews are not really necessary in my opinion, but video guides sure are. Its easier to visualize things than just reading sometimes.:p

Tomscfc
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
think of all the work you'd have to put in to make this extra section just so that instead of just searching on google or utube you could just search the site, seems a bit pointless don't you think? :p I'm all for video guides but reviews are just pointless in my opinion

Nightdragon
02-21-2009, 01:00 AM
It is hard for a reviewer to convey all of their thoughts and opinions into a short video review, as with most websites who do a video review (IGN for example), they are often accompanied by a very long written version. So these would not be of any concern to us.

Video guides however are very useful, as long as there is a text version to accompany them. Those who do not have a pc at hand may need to print guides to use them for example, then take them over to the xbox, and printing a youtube video would just be silly :p

It is mainly up to the creator of the guides however, as a lot/most of our guides are written by members of the community rather than staff, so it would require them to take up their own time in recording/editing te video too.

Like I said, good idea on the video guides (even though they have been suggested before), and they are great if someone is able to implement them!