Overview:

-Estimated achievement difficulty: 7/10

-Offline achievements: 11

-Online achievements: 1

-Approximate amount of time to 200: 10 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 1

-Number of missable achievements: 0

-Glitched achievements: 0

-Do cheat codes disable achievements? No cheats.

-Does difficulty affect achievements? Some achievements have difficulty requirements.

Welcome to the Roadmap to 200 for Minesweeper Flags. This guide is to be used in conjunction with the Achievement Guide, located here.

The first step you're going to take is to go into Single Player > Campaign and start playing. You're going to play Campaign to completion. For the first 20 levels, you're going to want to save after each victory. If you fail a level, you'll need to quit to dashboard and reload the game. After your first 10 wins, you'll unlock Mine Over Matter. Once you finish the first 20 levels, you'll unlock Click Click Boom and Sweep Them Off Their Feet. Once you've finished Campaign mode, you'll unlock Mineswept.

Unlocked: Mine Over Matter, Click Click Boom, Sweep Them Off Their Feet, Mineswept

4/12 for 75

Next we're going to tackle the Flags achievements. First, plug in a second controller and head to Multiplayer > Local Match. Win 10 straight with your lead profile to unlock Streak on the Flag and String of Flags. If you don't have the luxury of a second controller (or even if you do), head to Single Player > Flags. Set the settings as suggested in the achievement guide and get your 30 wins for Flag Patrol.

Unlocked: Streak on the Flag, String of Flags, Flag Patrol

7/12 for 125

The next thing to do is to go online and win 5 matches, Player or Ranked. You can find a partner here. After you're finished winning 5 matches online, head to Single Player > Classic. What you're going to be doing first is trying to beat some best times. Once you best 15 seconds on Beginner, you'll unlock Sweep Dreams.

Next you're going to beat Intermediate in less than 90 seconds and Expert in less than 200. Once you do this, you'll unlock Gotta Sweep'em All.

Finish this run with 10 Expert puzzles finished for Elite. Somewhere along the way, you'll unlock Mine, Mine, ALL MINE! due to winning 5 total games in Classic.

Finally, you're going to change the puzzle to Custom and set the dimensions to 16 x 30 with 10 mines. You're going to be winning a ton of games, very quickly, to win 500 games for 500 Club. You'll already have 140 wins from Campaign, 30 from Flag mode, 5 from online, and at least 12 wins from Classic.

Unlocked: 500 Club

12/12 for 200 and you're done!

For the first 20 levels, you're going to want to save after each victory. If you fail a level, you'll need to quit to dashboard and reload the game.

Can you explain how to do this? I don't see a "save" option in the pause menu. Does completing a level and then returning to the main menu force a save? And if you fail, when is it too late to quit to the dashboard?

• 4 weeks later...

Regarding Sweep Them Off Their Feet (Complete a continent in Campaign Mode without losing a level):

I don't agree with restarting campaign mode if you die on the first continent. Really, all of them are about equal difficulty due to the extra lives you get in later continents, and you're wasting time if you restart. I didn't get the achievement until the second last continent, and it probably would've taken me longer if I'd restarted until I got a perfect North America. (I did restart three times due to 50/50 chances, then decided to stop doing that. And as a side note, I perfected Antarctica, too.)

I guess what I'm trying to say: Why restart North America if you don't get it perfect the first time? You have six other chances at the achievement, and they're all the same difficulty. You're just wasting time.

I found Sweep Them Off Their Feet to be the hardest. (Well, I haven't gotten 500 wins yet) The only thing that got me about campaign mode is starting out. Who's the idiot who thought messing with the Minesweeper Golden Rule was a good thing? (Why does the game let me hit 3 bombs on the first 3 clicks?)

Edit: But we still agree. There's no point in restarting Campaign Mode.

Edited by zyxomma100

• 2 months later...