PDA

View Full Version : Raining Men achievement

Angel Fire 42
02-13-2009, 10:12 PM
If you are having trouble killing 4 enemies with one grenade here is a soluition.

In the Kegeen mission at the beginning where a bunch of rats come running at you use pull a grenade and use slo-mo. Make sure you cook the nad and you got it. :woop:

Decaying Rat
02-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks, worked perfectly.

okll123
02-14-2009, 08:17 AM
THX,it's the easiest way to get that achievement

Angel Fire 42
02-14-2009, 01:19 PM
My pleasure to help. It was just one of the inspiration things.

xGO GATORSx
02-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the tip. Worked on the first try.

House of El
02-15-2009, 04:02 PM
good find . i was having trouble tryin to find a level with a good amount of guys but this seems way to easy im gonna try when i get home . thanks agian for the info

sllick50
02-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Word, I have been looking for a good place for this ach. I didn't know rats counted. THANKS!

Doode
02-16-2009, 07:20 PM
This worked great.
Got the Deadly Ballet achievement at the same time. :drunk

Fracot
02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
where abouts to these rats come?

lostmotiv
02-16-2009, 09:34 PM
great piece of info, never would have thought it worked on rats. will keep this in mind when i get to this level. thx

KemicalSupreme
02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
I dont think he was referring to the rats, but referring to enemies who come towards you when the rats come? TS can you confirm if its the rats?

Tha Mantis
02-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes he is referring to the rats, I just did the achievement, and achievement Unlocked was the last thing my poor Xbox said before she red-ringed, I also sent you a message Kemical on your live that no boosting can be done now for that reason, I miss her already

KemicalSupreme
02-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Yes he is referring to the rats, I just did the achievement, and achievement Unlocked was the last thing my poor Xbox said before she red-ringed, I also sent you a message Kemical on your live that no boosting can be done now for that reason, I miss her already

Hahhaa, go to circuit city and pick up a discounted xbox arcade. I saw at my circuit city for 160 there new.

Or I can suggest you go on the craigslist in your city. Type in xbox 360 in the search and there should be a few people offering services in your city to repair the xbox 360 from 30 to 50 dollars. Trust me, I had my RROD repaired after warranty and it is doable.

asnaz11
02-17-2009, 03:10 AM
LMAO thats hilarious Im gonna try it. I have never killed one rat in this game, but I aimed at one and my crosshair turned red, i can't believe you can actually use that for an achivement. LMAO!

Lawtownkiller
02-17-2009, 03:14 AM
thank u man

Aghwee
02-17-2009, 05:42 AM
If you are having trouble killing 4 enemies with one grenade here is a soluition.

In the Kegeen mission at the beginning where a bunch of rats come running at you use pull a grenade and use slo-mo. Make sure you cook the nad and you got it. :woop:

I was just about to make this comment in the achievement guide post. I thought I was being all clever, too, damnit!

I suggest you put it up there, if you haven't already. Great tip, saves time.

Ingles
02-17-2009, 06:07 AM
Just my luck. I always read things like this after I've already gotten the achievement the more difficult/tedious way usually. :p

lifeexpectancy
02-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Yeah I actually saw this tip on another site when I googled the raining men achievement the other day. Was gonna add it and credit the poster on the other site, think it was IGN or something.

This achievement actually isn't hard to do with "real" enemies though. In that mission relatively early on where you're in the underground tunnels, when you turn a corner there's a guy running away from you and three guys come around the corner at the far end of the tunnel. If you time your slow mo right and cook the grenade a little you can toss it right smack in the middle of 'em as the guy running away reaches the vicinity of the 3 guys coming around the corner. It only took me 3 tries to get it this way. Haven't even seen those rats yet ;p

The way the guide originally said to get it at the beginning of mission 3 with the explosive barrels and the guys that jump down is worthless compared to the tunnel mission. You don't get credit if the barrels explode on detonation of the grenade, because it counts as a "bankshot" kill (see bankshot achievement) instead of the grenade getting the kill. I tried that spot forever then just went on planning to kill those rats, then noticed my opportunity on the tunnel level. Like I said, 3 tries, way easier than mission 3.

Fracot
02-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Would someone mind telling me exactly at what point the rats come?

duelingk
02-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, thats sort of ridiculous to getting an achievement. Ah well, thanks for the info!

ll Mr Bubbles ll
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Lol nice 1 i used this way yesterday , rats are enemies even though they dont attack you and actuallu run away if you walk towarsds them ? lol.

loverman529
02-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks alot 4 this great tip, been lookin for a easy way 2 do this. :)

TheToiletBrush
02-17-2009, 04:29 PM

What he said. I want to make sure I have not missed it. I remember seeing some rats in the stage just after exiting the hospital and going into the destroyed city, but it was only one or two rats.

Tha Mantis
02-17-2009, 07:11 PM
After you get off the turret and begin into the subway, its right after you duck under the grate and start to go down the train track

Fracot
02-17-2009, 08:26 PM
After you get off the turret and begin into the subway, its right after you duck under the grate and start to go down the train track

Thanks you :)

bloodswan
02-17-2009, 10:17 PM

Ok after u get of the turret and follow Keegan through the hole u will come to a big dark subway tunnel. Wait and moment and on the left there will be alot of rates running towards u. It will be dark but aslong as u look to the left hand side u will see them.

I kept getting 3 kills with the grenade and couldn't remember any part where 4 guys were close enough together to get this achievement but thanks to this I got it.

Baryonyx
02-17-2009, 10:51 PM
Also, when you're in the tunnel, the curve that you're following leads to the right and the rats come down the left towards you. There must be about ten or so, coming in three lines. You should have no trouble getting the achievment here!

sllick50
02-17-2009, 11:21 PM
First try! Damn Angel Fire good work!:uzi:

St Helens RLFC
02-18-2009, 12:14 AM

any1 mind tellin me the exact level??

TheToiletBrush
02-18-2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks guys. I am making my way in the mech-suit, so I have to be getting close.

sllick50
02-18-2009, 02:07 AM
If you go to your mission select it is titled "Kegeen". It is one of the later levels.

Fracot
02-18-2009, 12:20 PM
just got it, great find...

asnaz11
02-19-2009, 03:35 AM
Just got my xbox back today from my friend who was borrowing it for a few days, and I tried this and it worked. Thanks so much!!! It's funny though.