PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Give This?

Elit3 m0nkey
02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
I f you had to review this game, what would you give it {out of 10, 20 point scale (ie. 0, 0.5, 1, 1 etc..)}? State your reason(s) for the score too!

Personally I would give this a an 8.5.

Pros: Graphics, Audio, Atmosphere, Slow-mo, A.I, Combat
Cons: Ho-Hum MP, lack of difficulty, lame and glitched achievements, movement feels clunky and slow

Decaying Rat
02-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree with what you said

Absolutionz
02-13-2009, 11:09 PM

Wish multiplayer was a bit better.

MrEastSide
02-14-2009, 02:09 AM
8-9 It's definitely an above average game.

Steve007101
02-14-2009, 03:50 AM
No doubt it's in the

8-8.5/10

+Graphics Great
+Great music
+Great AI
+Definetly some memorable moments
+Very solid gameplay
+Story is complex
+Good Dialogue

-Not as Memorable throughout as original FEAR
-What happen to the more frequent encounters with the bigger enemies and mechs?
-Weapon variety actually less than original FEAR - What happen to dual wielding, the MP Cannon, and all that kick ass stuff?
-I don't like the fact that they sacrificed better level design for better level variety.
-Story confusing and not well told, somewhat inconsistent, again, not as good as the original FEAR
-Nothing particularly unique about multiplayer aside from the mech - which is a nice addition though

bloodswan
02-14-2009, 08:47 AM
I would give the campaign about a 9 out of 10 as I thoroughly enjoyed it but multi-player about 3 out of 10.

Judivarious
02-14-2009, 01:44 PM
I give it a 7.2 for the following:

- Somewhat confusing storyline.
- Great music
- Great interface
- Excellent Multiplayer (now that they took the slow-mo crap out)

There is one big problem with the game that really urks me. Most of the previews of this game show little Alma, and the front cover shows her....yet she is mostly absent from the entire game........that just really bothers me...

Lordvader178
02-14-2009, 02:02 PM

Storyline - 10.0 (if you actually pay attention and stuff, it has a story that almost rivals Mass Effect)
Sound - 9.0 (while excellent, most of it was just copied from the first game, but it's still kickass)
Controls - 6.0 (changed completely, sometimes i found myself wanting to switch weapon and id throw a grenade, it was really confusing, and i dont think i ever got used to it)
Tech (ie weapons, enemies etc) - 7.0 (Enemies were smart, but not as smart as first FEAR. Weapons are awesome, but only the Assault Rifle actually came in handy. The Power Armor was only used twice, and the mostly underground areas erked me).
Multi - 9.0 (i am loving it so far, gotten every achievement legit in multi, but the rank ones are gonna take ages).

Byrney
02-15-2009, 08:51 AM
I would give it 7.5

My real niggle with this game is that too much time is spent wondering down bland corridors fighting the same enemy over and over. I loved the scary moments of this game, but there just weren't enough of them for me.

Elit3 m0nkey
02-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I give it a 7.2 for the following:

- Somewhat confusing storyline.
- Great music
- Great interface
- Excellent Multiplayer (now that they took the slow-mo crap out)

There is one big problem with the game that really urks me. Most of the previews of this game show little Alma, and the front cover shows her....yet she is mostly absent from the entire game........that just really bothers me...

I know this is being nit picky (spelled right?), but the scoring is based on a 20 piont scale not 100. Please change your scoring to accomadate that.

Crimson Ridley
02-15-2009, 09:15 PM
I know this is being nit picky (spelled right?), but the scoring is based on a 20 piont scale not 100. Please change your scoring to accomadate that.

Um dude? It's 7.2 not 72. He gave it 7.2 out of 10.

Up to yet, I'd give it an 8, just because it's not quite as awesome as some other FPS's, but I'm only on the 3rd level, so I can't pas full judgment yet.

Fracot
02-15-2009, 09:43 PM
8/10 very good game

Yann
02-15-2009, 10:06 PM
8.9/10. Good game, some annoying niggles that make it fall short of greatness,

IXI Icetray IXI
02-15-2009, 10:20 PM
Solid 9

Mulitplayer needs to be better and more people:woop:

Refined Suicide
02-15-2009, 10:44 PM
I'd give the story line a 8.5/10 but the online multiplayer would get a 5.5/10.

Most achievements online are easy to boost, yet they take a long time. The great thing though is the time it takes to boost tallies up and helps you get the achievement for 8 hours of online play time :] I have over 2 hours under my belt and pretty much every STANDARD online achievement. I don't have any ranks except "Enlisted" I'm missing City Planner and Time Well Spent for online.