PDA

View Full Version : City Planner Figured Out!

Sydanc1an
02-14-2009, 08:02 AM
I was fed up trying to go for this acheievement as it is my last one to get besides ranking up until I decided to go down the list on the leaderboards to ask how it was attained. I recieved 3 messages all saying the same thing. Turns out this is not for kills. For some reason destroying the environment gives you points to this ach. I have tested this and it does work but to an extent. In 2 ranked matches I have only gotten 10 points to the ach. on Skid Row destroying any building I see. The thing is, the buildings don't seem to show any damage. We need to figure out what buildings, windows, bus stops, etc. trigger this ach. Get searchin'.

Vicente X
02-14-2009, 08:10 AM
Wow that's a weird discovery...maybe I should try it right now...

Vicente X
02-14-2009, 08:32 AM
So yeah I started shooting and blowing up random objects in the map, and my counter is somehow going up...while I'm still killing with the mech...I guess it is true lol

Sydanc1an
02-14-2009, 08:52 AM
Did you make any notes as to what exactly you shot up? We need to make a list to put on the guide. I have shot up: Windows on all floors of every building, door frames, bus stops, all cars and buses on the streets, and everything else not nailed down.

Vicente X
02-14-2009, 09:15 AM
Omg I feel stupid now...maybe when they said destroy combat ops its not referring to the soldiers that u kill. I haven't been killing much with mechs and just destroying stuff and its going up.

xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd
02-14-2009, 09:28 AM
Guess that explains the achievement name...

TAXI DRIVER 420
02-14-2009, 10:24 AM
i havent tried this yet but if it does work thanks this will give me my 1000/1000

shatulance
02-14-2009, 11:14 AM
its just a longshot,but could it mean combat opportunities ie barrels fire extinguishers etc like the single player achieve?....
im playing this on ps3 but this forum is much better ;) but the trophies are the same as the cheeves

Sydanc1an
02-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Thats probably it. Combat opportunities. It would make sense.

killerc0P
02-14-2009, 06:04 PM
i havent tried this yet but if it does work thanks this will give me my 1000/1000

Erm yeah ok. Take your bullshiit else where please. You have 20/49 achieves you are miles away.

Sydanc1an
02-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I have confirmed this time and time again. I have gone from 10 to 61 in about 4 games. Play Armored Front on Skid Row grab the first two points and spam X on the mech while capturing the second point. If you are lucky enough to get in, destroy everything.
Mainly:

Doorways that can be destroyed (There are 2 on each side of the middle of the map on opposite ends)

Fire Hydrants (I have only seen 1 near the spawn point on each side.)

Windows (Some count some don't. Just shoot any you see. If glass flies it probably does. Also make sure to shoot out windows at the bus stops.)

Walls (In the same place as the destructible doorways there are 3 walls on each side with a wired fence. Shoot these as they do count you can tell you shot it when the pillars around it crumble.

If I missed anything just let me know. So far that's all I have found to count.

Steve007101
02-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Damn... beat me to it...

Big thanks to Sydanc1an, I've been trying for hours and I never would have figured this was how you did it.

Flackmonkey666
02-17-2009, 07:37 PM
We knew this from day 1 and tried a few matches, and soon got really bored, how stupid is this achievement, the city has been nuked but some windows still remain, boxes that dont suffer damage from bullets, scaffolding that is impervious to rocket attack, pure bullshit man.

scourge
02-18-2009, 04:41 AM

ha fucking ha

scourge
02-18-2009, 05:04 AM
you must blow up the doorways to buildings and/or firehydrants, which works best on the SKID ROW map. Assembly and Melt Down did not seem to offer the same opportunities. Also, do NOT bother with windows as they do NOT count. The misconception involving windows is the fact that they typically lie near doorways, which are in the direct line of fire when you are aiming at the windows. The only way a window might count is if you destroy the structure around a window.

TAXI DRIVER 420
03-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Erm yeah ok. Take your bullshiit else where please. You have 20/49 achieves you are miles away.
haha dude ur a loser

TAXI DRIVER 420
03-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I think its funny i say will help just tryin to give the dude his props for helpin me get this achievement and people just hate get a life man

I REALY CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THAT POST MAN UR LIFES MUST BE BLEAK

flinttown420
03-23-2009, 07:15 PM
well you did come onto a achievement site, where there are some hardcore people, saying you would 1000/1000 a game when you didnt have half of them. Im not flaming nor do i condone it, but you kinda walked into that one. As with real life, watch what you say and people will be content ;) im not going to be 1000/1000 this game, thats for sure, way to much dedicated time achievements. Which i just dont like the game enough to do that on.

I think its funny i say will help just tryin to give the dude his props for helpin me get this achievement and people just hate get a life man

I REALY CANT BELIEVE SOMEONE ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT THAT POST MAN UR LIFES MUST BE BLEAK

lI Predator lI
04-21-2009, 09:58 AM
hes trying to say that he can get a full 1000 now cause he knows what to do for this achieves now.. why is everyone hating each other.. i mean com'n we all hunting for achieves.. getting some tips/tricks here to achieve them..