PDA

View Full Version : MP mega-lag

xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd
02-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I've played a few games of MP now and i'm really disappointed - not because the MP is awful because its far from it, the problem lies in the insane amount of lag i've been experiencing. Which is a shame because, even with the lag, i was getting up behind people, i was shooting first, to me it looked really accurate, but i have about 10 seconds of bullet lag. If i do kill someone, it usually tells me i got the kill way after i was shooting that person. Plus, i'm getting killed around corners by normal guns way too much because of the time delay.

Is anyone else experiencing this lag? Its making the game unplayable which is a shame because it had so much potential.

ronnycordova
02-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm running into the same problems you are. The MP reminds me a lot of how the MP was in Prey. The MP itself was not bad but the lag I encountered made it far from enjoyable.

I tried a couple rounds earlier today and different game modes and got about the same results. Considering I was playing during off-peak hours I think it is safe to assume it isn't my connection.

I would, at least to me, shoot first only to have guys warp around the map and I will end up dead from some unknown source. Grenades also seem to be excessively laggy as well. Several times I watched someone throw a grenade at me only to have it vanish and kill me several seconds after it actually exploded.

xGO GATORSx
02-14-2009, 09:18 PM
I've played about 15 matches or so with NO lag at all. Only enter the matches that show you have a strong PING with that server.

duelingk
02-15-2009, 02:53 AM
I have played many matches online, but i think i know what your talking about. Most matches are great, but a few were as laggy as you say. I think its because the host of the server has a horrible connection. Its one of the risks of having a player host, but at least you know who host is (unlike GOW2 or COD:WAW) so you can avoid those matches.

KIDDRAGON67
02-15-2009, 03:16 AM
my internet is capped and i haven't had any lag, i'm from australia and i usually get paired with americans and i should be getting lag but i don't notice anything, i don't get bullet lag and i don't jump around. but make sure you check the ping before you enter a game.

duelingk
02-16-2009, 01:56 AM
After reading you post and playing a bit more i actually noticed the lag. I have a really good internet connection, but randomly everyone in the entire match becomes laggy. I have no idea about it, but i have noticed it.