HDTV -samsung

KMB 316

Yes, the LN-R series of Samsung TV's are the best made (as of today) highest quality HDTV's that exist. I own the LN-R268 (26 inch model) and... dang. The main reason why, is because the Contrast Ratio on them are 3000:1 ---- most TV's only have 500:1 or 600:1....

If you have any more questions on HDTV's feel free to PM me.

~ Lon

The main reason why, is because the Contrast Ratio on them are 3000:1 ---- most TV's only have 500:1 or 600:1....

I'm guessing your reffering to LCD HDTVs. Plenty of rear-projection and plasma TVs have contrast ratio of 10,000:1. Either way, contrast ratio doesn't always mean the best picture. In the case of any TV, it's best to see it in person. That said, Samsung makes a good LCD TV. The best Plasmas are Pioneer. LG Plasmas aren't bad either. Samsung's latest gen DLPs along with the SXRD line from Sony have the best overal picture for rear projection TVs.

Basically, everyone has their own opinions and views, which is fine.

Contrast ratio is basically the measurement of the difference in light intensity between the brightest white and the darkest black. Therefore, it's one, if not the biggest factor in the way your games/movies will be presented.

I'd recommend a flat panel HDTV LCD TV over a Plasma though, just because Plasma's have a reputation for going bad after a few years.

Here is pretty much the best site for "Plasma vs LCD" --  http://www.cnet.com.au/hometheatre/tvs/0,39026023,40036500,00.htm#2

I particularly like the last line in #5-- "At the smaller end of things (15" to 36" TVs), LCD is the only way to go if you want something slim and tasteful. And the best thing is that LCDs are getting cheaper all the time."

--- hope this helps everyone find the right TV that suits you the best!

~ Lon

I have a 50" Samsung DLP and I find that some games are really dark... Picture is amazing once you pump up the brightness a bit... I purchased monster cables hopping it would solve the problem, did a little bit but not much... Curious; why are the display TV's that are hooked up to the kiosks so bright and clear? Have the tweeked the settings (brightness, contrast etc...) so that they are all on the higher levels?

????????????????????? ???