PDA

View Full Version : Technology Victory on Diety (only thing that work after everything else failed

Sick l Gator
02-14-2009, 04:31 PM
This strategy takes a little bit of strategy from all the other strategies.

After playing as the aztecs, greeks, and everyone else, I picked the americans.

The americans can be good because they get a great person right off the beginning, now the key is to get a great builder if you do not get a great builder from the beginning restart it because this strategy will not work.

You start with one set of archers in each city, so right from the beginning change you cities to production and build your library, then balance it and build some defensive units and temples and such. I also tried to stay at peace as much as possible that even meant giving some tech away, but if the civilations is ahead of you do not give them anything.

Now as for that great builder as soon as the Great Library becomes available build it, the Library will take the technologies other civs get and give it to you mostly the government ones.

Now just keep building units or buildings try to do the temple first but if your getting attack protect your city first.

As soon as the navigation tech comes up pick it usually it is only 3 to 5 turns if more wait, you will be the first to discover it and be given a gallean boat. This is where I saved because now it comes down to finding the Lost city of Atlantis. The first time i did not find it and lost by one tech, so I reloaded my game and I found it the second time and won with 25 techs to 19 (that was the closest civ).

I tried everyother strategy and failed at least 50 to 100 times, when I tried this I got it on my second try.

Remember it may take some luck with your city placement to, I only had one civ that could get to me, but they were on me from the beginning.

If you have any questions or need clarity just post and I will respond.:woop:

notaword
02-15-2009, 01:34 AM
Worked great! Never did find the City of Atlantis, but that didn't mess anything up for me. I never had any luck with the other strategies for some reason, so this helped a lot. Is the City of Atlantis guaranteed to spawn on every map?

Sick l Gator
02-15-2009, 03:30 AM
yeah it is out there every round, most of the time it is in the middle of the ocean in the dark blue water.

aussiestatic
03-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow
Dude you are a legend!
Worked like a charm. All those other guides were really hard

zombies risen
03-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Does this work with domination victory as well? I can't get a deity domination win for the life of me. Tried at least 4 strategies on these forums too.

aussiestatic
03-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Does this work with domination victory as well? I can't get a deity domination win for the life of me. Tried at least 4 strategies on these forums too.

To get the domination victory on deity I picked the beta centurai (forget what its called, something like that i think) scenario and just defended until the game ended and I won by default.

I had 3 cities and had all the stuff in there to produce gold. I made 3 modern infantry armies to defend the cities. Those stupid barbarins will attack you for about 10 - 20 turns. Which is enough time to get your army up to elite status. Then I just alternated between building battleships and tanks.

Basically you want to be on one big island so you can surround yourself with battleships as they take out just about eveything and incase the enemy brings a tank to your island have some tanks of your own to protect yourself with.

Also, I didnt explore i stayed where i was for the entire game. I only attacked when the enemy got close, In the end I had about 50 battleships and 50 tanks. Nothing could get in. It took about 6 hours of defending.

Just defend and you'll get it man.

im0t3k
03-05-2009, 06:18 PM
To get the domination victory on deity I picked the beta centurai (forget what its called, something like that i think) scenario and just defended until the game ended and I won by default.

There isn't a time limit in the beta centauri scenario, so you can't win just by defending. I think you mean another scenario.

I only need the technology victory on deity and i have all achievements. I will try your method tonight, i hope it works. I tried a lot but never victorious.

Thx man.

im0t3k
03-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Ok so i tried your method just now and as you can see in my sig i know have 100% completed civilization revolution. So your method worked very well. It was still very close at the end but i won. Thx a lot man.

HxS F4T4L1TY
03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
There isn't a time limit in the beta centauri scenario, so you can't win just by defending. I think you mean another scenario.
Actually, that is not true. Beta Centauri cuts off at about 2450 AD. It's happened to me plenty of times.

im0t3k
03-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Actually, that is not true. Beta Centauri cuts off at about 2450 AD. It's happened to me plenty of times.

Oh lol sorry bout that. I just never got that far.

HxS F4T4L1TY
03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Oh lol sorry bout that. I just never got that far.

It does take a while. I found out by accident because one night I actually wanted to see how far I could go with it. Every turn takes 2 years, and the game goes for hours, especially if anyone (or everyone) want to attack you and EVERY SINGLE TURN they send whatever they have after your, or just move units (like planes which have to refuel). Playing on Chieftan, they only actually attack you with a few units every few turns.

It's a rather painful process. You're better off not getting that far. lol

stormrider666
03-25-2009, 01:56 PM
wow, can't wait to try this one...this is the last achievement I have been trying to get for about a week now...nothing else has worked...came close once, but someone else got the great library before me and won because of that...

stormrider666
03-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Thank you for this...it worked like a charm. I won by 2 or 3 techs...last achievement I needed!

thefunktopus
03-29-2009, 07:41 PM
kool!!
ill try this when i get the game back from my friend!!

I got it back!!
bit lazy to try it though...

DUBBLEUP
04-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Are you using a scenario? Because you don't start off with archers and you cant build anything but stonehenge when you begin a game...

Krueger
04-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Are you using a scenario? Because you don't start off with archers and you cant build anything but stonehenge when you begin a game...
You have to do the lightning match scenario.

DUBBLEUP
04-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah i figured as much. So that's the scenario i chose right after writing my previous reply. I won 24-23. I just barely got by, but on my first try!

Krueger
04-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Yeah i figured as much. So that's the scenario i chose right after writing my previous reply. I won 24-23. I just barely got by, but on my first try!
I cant seem to win i don't really know what i am doing wrong.

DUBBLEUP
04-04-2009, 02:43 AM
make sure your cities are surrounded by lots of water which helps with the science boost. Also getting the great builder at start is much needed. Keep trying. I know this game can get frustrating at times.

nateeasy
04-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks. This helped a lot. I tried to get a great builder about ten times and settled with a great scientist instead. I found the city of Alantis and gained a few techs then finished the Great Library and won. I got 1000/1000 now.

theo
04-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Hello,

Strategy worked great.
Start with a great builder and plenty of water around your cities.
I never bothered with navigation (atlantis)

Best Regards,

Theo

E vee dub
04-22-2009, 11:40 PM
-Restart the game until you get a Great Builder.
-Immediately use him to build the Great Library.
-Build libraries.
-Protect when necessary.
-Send a Galleon to get the Lost City of Atlantis. From there it's a given.
BRILLIANT!!!
-I never had to build a University.
-I even had room to give away Techs to keep the peace because I was far enough ahead of everyone else.

Technology win on Deity was the hardest and last for me. It took me 15 restarts until I finally got a G.Builder.

Thanks for the advice. It certainly paid off. The advice in the guide is way to generic.
This should be the technique given for the official guide of this site.

S.M. Civilization Revolution 1000/1000

big red marino
05-01-2009, 05:49 PM
So what happens at the end of BETA CENTAURI when the time counter hits? I have both the economic and cultural DEITY wins on my save, and I have roads to three major opponents capitols. However, I only have a about 10 - 12 turns left. I currently have the number 1, 2, 3, and 6 top cities. Can I look forward to any possible wins when the time is up or will it just end in a stalemate? Or should I move my ass and tear up those three opponents?

ponypo2001
05-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Unless they changed something,you do not get archers in lightning scenario at all.I always start with normal warriors and no abilty to build anything other than a wall and temple to start with.Did they change this?

EDIT :- If you reload a few times,you will eventually get it as poster said,just not every time.

DJ Crolly
12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
this works best on lightning round scenario.thanks.

KooriOu
01-16-2010, 07:32 AM
strategy worked amazingly, thanks a million. had some difficulty atfirst but once i figured out where the hell atlantis was it was smooth sailing

rogg77
01-17-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm gonna try this one, it looks easier than the guide-strategy.

Edit: i've got it; finding atlantis did it for me.

the_wizard_666
01-17-2010, 08:01 PM

I had 3 cities and had all the stuff in there to produce gold. I made 3 modern infantry armies to defend the cities. Those stupid barbarins will attack you for about 10 - 20 turns. Which is enough time to get your army up to elite status. Then I just alternated between building battleships and tanks.

Basically you want to be on one big island so you can surround yourself with battleships as they take out just about eveything and incase the enemy brings a tank to your island have some tanks of your own to protect yourself with.

Also, I didnt explore i stayed where i was for the entire game. I only attacked when the enemy got close, In the end I had about 50 battleships and 50 tanks. Nothing could get in. It took about 6 hours of defending.

I did almost the same thing, but when I hit the unit cap, I killed off a few of my soldier armies and built up artillery. I then sent out excursions to eliminate the enemy city by city. Worked like a charm...the soldiers defending my cities would destroy pretty much everything thrown at them, and when I'd hit an opposing city, 3 artillery armies would take them down pretty quickly. Just make sure to send 2 or 3 soldier armies along with the artillery so they don't get easily destroyed by the defenders. If one of the civs comes close to another type of victory, nuke their capital. Sure, it turns everyone hostile to you, but they start pumping out more armies and less time is spent boosting their cities for cultural or economic victories.

Odi
01-28-2010, 08:27 AM
Awesome strat here. It took me a few save games and I never did find Atlantis, but in the end it paid off. I got six achievements when I finally won. Three for "tech" wins, one for an American win, one for never changing my government and even though I had three cities to start, I got the "one city" achievement. I can't remember ever getting that many at one time.

LP10
04-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Well well.. im very surprised reading that most of you people did it. ive read this thread about 5 times i think finding what exactly im doing wrong. its annoying. i do exactly everything as u all say but i just cannot win. the japans always win and i only get 21/24. i make many saves during the game, find atlantis, build the great library(which has no more effect until the japans build the university) and nothing. ive played it many times but nothing.

i have also read about the deity domination victory posted here.. well i have to say i didnt work for me cause another civilizations make the economic victory.

i need this 2 achievements and the cultura victory on diety and im finally done with this game.

can somebody help?

Mr Foxhound
04-10-2010, 11:11 PM
So, does the enemy invent two techs at a time on deity or what? I'm leading in tech, one ahead of the Romans. I only need a last one to win, it's two turns from being researched. *Bam*, Romans win a technology victory. Do they just happen to have a bunch of scientists ready to cheap me out of the victory in the end or what?

LP10
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
i have the same problem. i cant believe that almost everyone here has got this achievement with commets "like a charm" etc.pp while it doesnt work for me.
it would be nice if someone could explain exactly step by step what to do, because the other civilzations are just way quicker making technologies, even though i begin with an great builder, build the great library and find atlantis..
in which order should i do the technologies?

Mr Foxhound
04-20-2010, 04:34 PM
i have the same problem. i cant believe that almost everyone here has got this achievement with commets "like a charm" etc.pp while it doesnt work for me.
it would be nice if someone could explain exactly step by step what to do, because the other civilzations are just way quicker making technologies, even though i begin with an great builder, build the great library and find atlantis..
in which order should i do the technologies?
I usually researched the quickest first, with some noteable exceptions (like Democracy for the science bonus and Navigation for the free Galleon).

Anyway, what I did was find Atlantis. Save, but DON'T enter into an adjacent square yet. Just sit tight, watching it until you need exactly three techs to win. I actually tried discovering it about 10 different times before my last attempt at different periods throughout the game - only when I needed exactly three techs I won. Even when I just needed four techs, I got cheated by the AI in the final turn.

So, when the AI decides to cheat, make sure you play cheap :)

LP10
04-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I usually researched the quickest first, with some noteable exceptions (like Democracy for the science bonus and Navigation for the free Galleon).

Anyway, what I did was find Atlantis. Save, but DON'T enter into an adjacent square yet. Just sit tight, watching it until you need exactly three techs to win. I actually tried discovering it about 10 different times before my last attempt at different periods throughout the game - only when I needed exactly three techs I won. Even when I just needed four techs, I got cheated by the AI in the final turn.

So, when the AI decides to cheat, make sure you play cheap :)
nice dude.. but tell me exactly step by step what did u do? like: what did u construct first or in which order should i start developing the technoligies or how do u negotiate with the other civilizations etc.

Mr Foxhound
04-21-2010, 07:13 AM
I can't remember if I focused on production first or if I manually selected which tiles to be worked in each city - just make sure you save first turn if you have a great builder so you can try out different strategies. It's vital that there is quite a bit of water around your cities, since water is the most important factor in getting science (and it also helps in defending your cities, since it's one place you won't get attacked).

I think I started building libraries, temples courthouses then archers (one army in each city that needs it). Not sure if I bothered with the courthouse in the smallest city though. After that, focus all your cities on science and play the waiting game. Remember that you need a bit of luck as well - the best starting place would definitely be on an island alone so the other civs won't harass you as much. Also, try to give them what they demand unless they're tech leaders.

Good luck! :)

LP10
04-22-2010, 07:42 PM
i do exactly the same thing all the time.. i start with with group of archer on each city.. get a great builder at the beginning.. set all my cities on production so they can build the libraries fast.. put all normal so that i can become the science and change from gold to science as well.
after that i build like u temples and armees or courthouses etc.pp
when the great library locks up i inmediately construct it..
im the first who gets the navigation so i get my galeon(or whatever this is).. make a safe so i can explore the map loolink for atlantis.. and when i found it i load the game so i can go to it in the shortest way.. i pick it and won 3-4 technologies..
at this moment i need like 3-4 more technologies.
the japan are curiously always first. at some point of the game they construct the university and it appears that my great library, which i have built with the abbility of my great buildet has no more effect.

the fact of the matter is this.. i do everything step by step, but i have realized that there must be a problem somewhere that doesnt let me win..

any ideas?

Mr Foxhound
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Well, even if you do everything right, it's no such thing as a guaranteed victory. If other civs just have better starting places, conquers other cities etc. they will exceed you in tech progress. My only advice is, if you can't win on the maps you're playing at the moment, start up a new game and try again.

LP10
04-24-2010, 02:18 PM
ok ill try it.. but tell me one thing.. :
when i found atlantis i mostly technologies like monarchy or democracy right? if yes so i should make them so when i found atlantis i get this ones instead of making them.. am i right or not?

Mr Foxhound
04-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Well, I waited until I only needed 3 techs to win before discovering Atlantis (just had my ship sit tight next to it for most of the game). The farther you progress on the tech tree, the more science techs cost, and you have to spend more turns on each of them. Therefore it makes sense to wait until you only need three techs, since you're guaranteed to get three 'expensive' ones.

LP10
04-26-2010, 05:43 PM
ok.. im going to try it this week and post my result..

Mr Foxhound
04-26-2010, 08:42 PM
ok.. im going to try it this week and post my result..
Good luck, hope it works out for you :)

LP10
05-23-2010, 03:54 PM
i did it. i couldnt play the game for a while cause´ my brother gave it to a friend.. whatever.. i tried again with the same strategy and the same happened, i lost.. what i did was picking the greeks, changing in the first round to democracy, make a library and temples.. after that put everything on science and ALWAYS chose the quickest research.. the japans found me but didnt attack.. they wanted war but i gave them one tech so they leave me alone.. with the money i had i bought every available tech the japans had (i bought like 2-3 i think) and i won with 4 techs difference.

didnt need a galeon for atlantis neither a wonder..

now i have 1000/1000. finally :D

missiloon
06-09-2010, 07:50 AM

For people who have problems that the ai win to much on another victory, start a war with them, so they focus on attack you instead of making money. I won this one by starting a war from time to time, nobody except me ( economy) was even close to win at the end of the game.

one more achievement to go, the deity tech... haven't had no luck at all yet.

xMac73
06-15-2010, 03:47 PM
I finally got it!

After trying for this achievement 100+ times using other guides/strategies, I finally got it!

There were a few keys in your strategy that paid off for me:
1. Building The Great Library!
2. Using the Galleon to find the Lost City of Atlantis!

STEP-BY-STEP:
I was finally blessed with a good, close cluster of cities --- all near the water and far enough away from other civs that they didn't bother me until the end (these are probably the biggest factors in getting the win). I used the Greeks instead of the Americans, though. I never did get a great builder, either.

1. Defend (X button) with the archers that you start with (this saves from having to cycle through them every turn --- speeds up the game tremendously --- you can easily go through this scenario in 5-10 minutes).
2. I didn't change the workers from default settings (I kept them balanced).
3. Change government from Depotism to Democracy after the first turn (it only becomes available after the first turn).
4. If the Library is not available after you change goverments (it should be), build a set of Pikeman (once they are built, set them to Defend (X button).
5. Check every turn until you can build the Library, and then build them in each city (rush if you have the gold).
6. After the Libraries are built in each city, finish sets of Pikeman until you can form an army. Once you form an army, set them to Defend. (If you are getting constantly attacked and losing at this point, restart. Your cities will evetually fall).
7. As soon as it becomes available, build The Great Library Wonder in the capital (if you get a Great Builder, use him to complete it).
8. Research Navigation when it first becomes available.
9. When the catapults become available, build them (although you'll probably only be able to build 1 or 2 tops --- you won't have enough gold or moves before the game ends).
10. Built the galleon as soon as it is researched (rush the build or you won't have a chance).
11. Use the galleon to find the Lost City of Atlantis (save when you first get the galleon in case you can't find it in time. You can reload and go immediately to it to save some turns).
12. Keep the galleon close (two spaces away) from Atlantis until the end.
13. Pay close attention to who is winning technology --- you should be by just a few.
14. When you are within three technology researches away from the win (that's how many Atlantis gives you), move the galleon to Atlanis... FOR THE WIN!!

Thanks to the OP for the strategy... and Good luck to everyone else!!!

The Massacrerer
09-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey...great tips, gator :)

Followed your advice and got a Tech victory on Diety my first try!

Thanks!!

blackjacktrial
09-02-2010, 08:43 AM
I find Tokugawa actually is the best at Lightning Teching as against anyone else for the CPU. (Spanish and Russians seem to grab three techs at a time, which makes me think they manage to trade for a lot.)

The American Great Library strat will work as long as you avoid researching what everyone else does. (Otherwise, you cut into it's utility yourself. Let everyone else give you the cheap techs). PS. It's usually why you lose too.

snoop3
09-01-2014, 07:22 PM
This strategy takes a little bit of strategy from all the other strategies.

After playing as the aztecs, greeks, and everyone else, I picked the americans.

The americans can be good because they get a great person right off the beginning, now the key is to get a great builder if you do not get a great builder from the beginning restart it because this strategy will not work.

You start with one set of archers in each city, so right from the beginning change you cities to production and build your library, then balance it and build some defensive units and temples and such. I also tried to stay at peace as much as possible that even meant giving some tech away, but if the civilations is ahead of you do not give them anything.

Now as for that great builder as soon as the Great Library becomes available build it, the Library will take the technologies other civs get and give it to you mostly the government ones.

Now just keep building units or buildings try to do the temple first but if your getting attack protect your city first.

As soon as the navigation tech comes up pick it usually it is only 3 to 5 turns if more wait, you will be the first to discover it and be given a gallean boat. This is where I saved because now it comes down to finding the Lost city of Atlantis. The first time i did not find it and lost by one tech, so I reloaded my game and I found it the second time and won with 25 techs to 19 (that was the closest civ).

I tried everyother strategy and failed at least 50 to 100 times, when I tried this I got it on my second try.

Remember it may take some luck with your city placement to, I only had one civ that could get to me, but they were on me from the beginning.

If you have any questions or need clarity just post and I will respond.:woop:

Thanks mate I been using the other guides like 2 weeks and I used this method and got it first try. Thanks again now off to last achievement. Win by 1000a.d on king difficulty.