PDA

View Full Version : Unpredictable on Heroic

killamasta81
02-14-2009, 10:05 PM
I recently played 2 skirmish games on heroic and i gotta say. OMG. 1st game i played i got 3 infantry out about 1:30 into the game and i was immediatley attacked by Regret, 7 Honor Guards and 2 Wraiths. i lost that match but I decided to play another one. i actually got to 3 spartans and a relativley good defense of 4 marines and 3 warthogs at about 4:00 into the game. when out of nowhere A FREAKIN SCARAB. WTF??? even when I play the covenant i cant defend myself AND save up resources to even get remotely near building a scarab. GJ Ensemble. thank you for not making the AI really dumb. Now then. Any matches you guys feel like sharing?

gingerCHRIS123
02-14-2009, 10:38 PM
Yeah, the covenant rush with regret/honor guard combos, but they never pulled a scarab on me, maybe your just unlucky?

ZundayXx
02-15-2009, 12:24 AM
The Herioc AI is supposed to be that way. Dont like it? Change the difficulty. Ow and i 99% of the time beat this: Regret, 5+ Honor guards, 3+ Wraiths, 4+ Locusts and a bunch of hunters and grunts with only 3 Spartans, 4 turrets and a med Mac. ( And sometimes a Scarab to )

ReallyRedPants
02-15-2009, 03:15 AM
I think you might be exagerating a little. They have rushed me before, but if you know what you're doing you should be able to handle it. I don't think its even possible to come up with that much stuff that fast.

General Khazard
02-15-2009, 06:28 AM
I think you might be exagerating a little. They have rushed me before, but if you know what you're doing you should be able to handle it. I don't think its even possible to come up with that much stuff that fast.

I agree, I mean there's no way they would have a Scarab just 4 minutes into the game... I play nothing less than Heroic AI when I play, and I've only ever run into a Scarab once. (By the time I had, my MAC was fully upgraded, so it didn't last too long anyway). I also have to agree with the other guy who pointed out that it is one of the more difficult AI settings... is it really a bad thing if it's unpredictable?

LegendaryXChris
02-15-2009, 08:51 AM
hmm i have never been against a scarab on heroic ......but yeah they always do rush you with regret, honor guards and sometimes banshees for me

ZundayXx
02-15-2009, 02:32 PM
The bot shure as hell has extra cash cheats, thats for shure.
( I wasnt overdoing it with my post before this btw just use the spartans jacking abilty and you're fine )

jak d ripr
02-15-2009, 03:02 PM
The Herioc AI is supposed to be that way. Dont like it? Change the difficulty. Ow and i 99% of the time beat this: Regret, 5+ Honor guards, 3+ Wraiths, 4+ Locusts and a bunch of hunters and grunts with only 3 Spartans, 4 turrets and a med Mac. ( And sometimes a Scarab to )

Now i dont mean to sound rude, but i highly doubt you beat a scarab with 3 spartans 4 turrets and a med mac, i can believe everything else(i.e beating all those covenants, i have dont that too the spartans are actually awesome) but a scarab? Nah man.

Oh and on the other point, maybe you guys are just unlucky or the AI is buggy since this is the demo but i personally have only met scarabs well into the game never early, that would suck though.