View Full Version : Who rented this and who bought it?

02-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I know most people on this website play games for not only fun but a big part of gaming for them is achievements like me :)

I'm just wandering whether you rented this game for achievements and obviously fun or if you bought it for achievements and fun and just want it added to your collection even though you can do what you want in a week or whether you spend more than a week and you bought it because of that...or whatever...thanks, just wandering.

02-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I bought it on Wednesday. Gamecrazy had only one copy left, since I didn't preorder it I was hoping I got it. I beat it the same night, but I'm so glad I bought it. I am not disappointed I paid full price at all, and I don't have Live so I only played Single Player. Such an awesome game, easily my favorite in a while.

02-14-2009, 11:35 PM
I bought it. Good one for the collection.

02-14-2009, 11:44 PM
It was a purchase. Had it pre-ordered when they announced the date for it. Glad I purchased it too. While not as good as FEAR it is a solid game in its own right. Best game purchase so far this year and it will probably stay that way until RE 5.

02-15-2009, 12:47 AM
If you're simply an achievement whore I'd say rent it, as is the case with almost every game when you just want points. If you're a FEAR fan or just an FPS fan in general than it's more than worthy of owning .

02-15-2009, 04:09 AM
I rented it - sadly it has too many MP achievements that I will never even attempt to get.

02-15-2009, 04:24 AM
i rented it. not only cuz im flat broke or just saving my money for halo wars and RE5
but because.
the only excetionally good thing is the story. which is hard to follow anyways.
but still
a solid rent.

but also for the achievement people
the multiplayer achievemeents (besides just ranking up) are tough.
even im gonna most likely need boosting fer this one

IXI Icetray IXI
02-15-2009, 04:34 AM
Well, I got F.E.A.R loved it rented F.E.A.R Files loved(gonna buy it later)
and just bought F.E.A.R 2 today and it's awesome so i got it strictly for fun

02-15-2009, 05:06 AM
I bought it today and im loving it.great buy.

02-15-2009, 06:12 AM
I bought it, love the fear games.

02-15-2009, 07:45 AM
I never played a F.E.A.R game before but decided to take a punt and don't regret it. I just wish mp was better.

02-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the replies, it's interesting to see that so many people buy.

02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
I was going to rent but ended up buying it as was discounted from the pre-order stage over here.

02-15-2009, 08:13 PM
I bought it, because I'm a F.E.A.R nut and it would be rude not to!

02-15-2009, 08:17 PM
I bought it since this is what I do with all my games. For the ones in which I just want achievements such as Lost: Via Domus, I will then most likely sell/trade it in for another game.

I'm glad F.E.A.R 2 is a part of my collection though as what I've played, I've really enjoyed.

02-15-2009, 08:33 PM
I bought this yesterday, and don't really regret it. So far it's pretty darn fun. Not quite as good as the first fear, but fun non the less. I'm not to thrilled with the amount of multi player achievements in the game, but I think I'll get enough single player enjoyment out of it.

SC Defective
02-15-2009, 08:34 PM
I never played any of the other Fear's but played this the day it came out in the US at a friends house and had to get it. That was just the online component too.
I recently started playing the single player and it is creepy as hell lol.

02-15-2009, 09:05 PM
It's weird you see because I only ever play games for a week, well except for the big ones like gears of war 2, so I usually always rent, since most of you buy, do you play it more than a week or not and just like games in your collection, because I'm thinking about buying more games just to have them in my collection...

Crimson Ridley
02-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I was going to rent it as I never really like the F.E.A.R games, but I was in Game at the time and just thought "Screw it, I'll buy it" as the demo was awesome. I'm on level 3 right now and it's really good, though it seems pretty easy on Hard up to yet.

02-15-2009, 09:27 PM
My partner rented this and so I played it MP first, got some people together and boosted what achievements we could. Then I went and played and beat Single Player.

I really had no interest in this game, since I never bothered with the first FEAR. It's a rental for me. I have a hard time finding any game that's actually worth buying.

The only games I ever bought was Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield:bad company. Just because the Multiplayer was really fun and I enjoyed it.

Most games for me are rentals, I almost always rent first..if I really like it or get addicted, I usually buy it.

02-16-2009, 04:08 AM
rented it as i hated the first fear.. but was told this one is better so rented it to see what its like!
glad i rented it thats all i can say :)

02-16-2009, 06:17 AM
I bought it, however I am not a multiplayer fan so I wish I had rented it. All campaign achievements can be done in one play-through.

02-16-2009, 11:13 AM
Bought it, along with Shellshock 2

02-16-2009, 04:11 PM
I rented it - sadly it has too many MP achievements that I will never even attempt to get.

The MP achievements are not to tough to get other than the ranking ones.

02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
I bought it, but it's no keeper for me, will trade it in when Halo Wars comes