PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Enemy type? (MAJOR enemy SPOILERS if you haven't played yet)

asnaz11
02-15-2009, 01:07 AM
One thing I really love about this game is the enemy types are awesome. They really worked on making enemies more varied than the last game. I loved pretty much every enemy I fought...

I think my favorite to fight was the Specimens. Activating slow mo and then blasting them in the face point blank with a Shotgun was just amazing. And somehow I thought I had killed all of them and every time at least one would jump me from behind and scare the crap out of me. The Ninjas also would always startle me because I thought I had killed them, and I would suddenly get jabbed in the back. I also loved the Remnant. Great enemy design.

Here's what I think about the enemy types I can think of off my head:

Specimen-Nasty creatures that if I am correct basically are humans that crawl on all fours. Can crawl on walls and are extremely fast. Love fighting these guys. It's somewhat challenging if you don't use Slow Mo, because they move pretty fast, but if you activate Slow Mo when they're a few feet away from you, it's so satisfying to pump them in the face with the Combat Shotgun. Creepy enemies, for sure.

Ninja-High tech ninjas which are basically invisible until you shoot them, but you can see them if you look closely. Their camo gives off a white shimmer as well as a rainbow color which looks awesome. These guys die very quickly, but if they get up close will kill you in a few hits, and even with slow mo you have to be careful and quick on the trigger. I love how in this game the developers decided to have you fight several Ninjas at a time instead of just a few like in the first Fear.

Remnant-One of the most creative enemy designs in the game. I'm not calling it original, although I don't know any games that have this enemy design, but there probably is some game out there that has something like this. ANYWAYS, basically you disturb one of these guys and they will spring into action, not only emitting a shockwave that distorts your vision, but they will revive any dead body they find, which will be manipulated like a puppet. These bodies will walk around until they find a gun and will start shooting at you (rather inaccurate, however). You can take out the bodies pretty easily but the Remnant is like a bullet sponge, it takes a while to kill. Usually what I do is chase the Remnant and pump it full of bullets before it can revive many bodies. My suggestion is to be aggressive against them, the sooner you kill them the better.

Mercenary/Replica Soldiers-I actually love fighting these guys. The mercenaries are somewhat high tech soldiers who will flank you and throw grenades. They also flip cover and use it, but sometimes expose themselves too much. Replica Soldiers are also pretty smart enemies, and there are many types of weapons they carry. There are the regulars with Machine Guns and Shotguns, but you also have Snipers, Rocket Launcher toting ones, Napalm Cannon toters, the heavily armored Replicas with LaserGuns, Automatic weapons, and Hammerheads, and the ones with huge gas tanks on their back. You'll also fight ones in Mechs/power suits.

Ghosts-Well, you don't really fight Ghosts, but they definitely are in the game and are creepy, especially in the Elementary level. Oh man, that level is creepy.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I know Alma's in the game, obviously, but I decided to leave her out because I have a feeling someone will stumble across this topic who hasn't beat the game and missed the spoilers in the title.

P.S.: Look for my Single Player review shortly. In these forums of course.

Absolutionz
02-15-2009, 01:08 AM
Ghosts. Made me jump a ton throughout the SP.

bloodswan
02-15-2009, 07:24 AM
*SPOILER ALERT*

I love the Replica Assassins (Ninjas). The bit when one kills Snake Fist was one of the most suprising and cool parts in the game. He just finishes talking about how Hippos shit when they fight (I've seen it by the way and let me tell u Snake Fist is spot on) and then gets his head stolen. Fighting them is quite fun too when they start flipping and go partially invisble.

The ghosts are pretty cool and the visuals great especially in the Elementary level.

Not so keen on the abominations but they do add some variety to the gameplay.

asnaz11
02-16-2009, 10:42 AM
*SPOILERS* That part was so awesome. In a bad way. I really didn't want Snakefist to die, but the way the Ninja appears out of freakin nowhere, cuts his head off, and the game slows down for like 1 or 2 seconds so you see his separated head and blood flying everywhere was just epic. Best part of the game for me because I really wasn't expecting it. I was expecting him to die, but not like that.