PDA

View Full Version : Continuation of Discussion with Routine...

Korix
02-15-2009, 03:56 AM
I was talking with some of the others from the site on IM about how I'd like a couple subscriber-only perks with a Level 5 donation award. Then, he jumped in, surprising this shit out of me, but here's the formal request. I think it'd be fair for those with the Level 5 donation award to have that green name and a custom title option. Obviously, I like the green, but the custom title award was something I liked as well.

Cool?

Apple
02-15-2009, 04:06 AM
Well, I think you guys should get more than a green name and a custom title, but that's just me. =/

Korix
02-15-2009, 08:55 AM
If that happened, great, but I'm not wanting much.

Skillet
02-15-2009, 09:03 PM
Donating over $500 to the site is no small feat. I know I'll probably never do it.

A green name and a user title is the least they could do for you and the others in my opinion.

Marx0r
02-15-2009, 09:50 PM
I think at the very least, you should have your subscription amount retroactively changed to $10 a month. That way, you'd get 50 months of subscriber perks rather than 20 if you were a platinum subscriber.

Headhunter 87
02-16-2009, 04:58 PM
WOW i tought the site ran on advertising not donations?

eskEMO
02-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Donations help make a lot of it possible, headhunter. ;)

I'm all for simple perks like that, btw. Maybe a diff color than green to seperate them, though?

Korix
02-18-2009, 07:23 AM
But... I love my green... An underline or something maybe. Then again, for simple differentiation reasons, the 3 yellow dollar signs do accomplish that, albeit in a very subtle, comparably hidden way.

Minty
02-18-2009, 12:42 PM
People shouldn't be donating because they want to underline a name, they are donating to keep the site running.

The award is more than enough, along with the green name and custom title for people to identify subscribers.

Korix
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Thought this would happen.

Well, Routine thought it was a good idea, but I guess that doesn't matter. I'll wait for him to chime in.

narcolepticshee
02-18-2009, 08:55 PM
People shouldn't be donating because they want to underline a name, they are donating to keep the site running.

The award is more than enough, along with the green name and custom title for people to identify subscribers.

Isn't that a little lackluster? This guy has donated over $500 to this site, which is a hell of a lot. Shouldn't the attitude towards this be a little more.... I don't know.... appreciative?

It kind of sounds like now you've got their money you don't care?

All the guy wants is a custom title and I think he's earned it with that $500...

Just my .02 anyway

Peace

Minty
02-19-2009, 12:50 PM
No its not ungrateful in the slightest.

He has helped pay for servers etc, and everyone on the site should be grateful to anyone that contributed.

But that was in the past, and we have to think of the future as well.

Korix is looking to get his name back in green while he isn't currently a subscriber, which isn't right. The awards show he has donated the money, and the green name is reserved for our current subscribers to show our thanks to them.

The Pants Party
02-19-2009, 01:18 PM
First people over $500 will want this little extra, then people over $100 will also want something a little extra, then people over $1 will want something extra. We have a system in place, we should really stick by it...

jackanape
02-19-2009, 01:24 PM
If this happens then you've also got to say that if any of the current subscribers hit $500 what is to prevent them from stopping their payments? After all they would still get the same benefits so why bother subscribing anymore?

I salute anyone who donates to the site by the way - especially with things being the wya they are in the world. :)

narcolepticshee
02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
No its not ungrateful in the slightest.

He has helped pay for servers etc, and everyone on the site should be grateful to anyone that contributed.

But that was in the past, and we have to think of the future as well.

Korix is looking to get his name back in green while he isn't currently a subscriber, which isn't right. The awards show he has donated the money, and the green name is reserved for our current subscribers to show our thanks to them.

Yeh, if you put it that way - it does seem fair!

Sorry for the outburst haha

Peace

eskEMO
02-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh....I had no idea that subscribers were in green already. I suppose I should be a little more observant. Cheers, then, you guys are already doing what I thought you should! (As usual ;))

Simzo
02-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Well, I think you guys should get more than a green name and a custom title, but that's just me. =/

Yeah same here, $500+ is a lot of money as a donation so yeah you guys should get much more.. like a purple name or different coloured stars?

Goober
02-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I would hope that you, the staff would be able to give them something more than an award. A custom User Title option wouldn't be far fetched if you ask me. Especially with over $500 given to the site. I see the argument from both sides I do, but that is a large sum of money for 1 person to give.

eskEMO
02-19-2009, 10:42 PM
I would hope that you, the staff would be able to give them something more than an award. A custom User Title option wouldn't be far fetched if you ask me. Especially with over $500 given to the site. I see the argument from both sides I do, but that is a large sum of money for 1 person to give.

I see it from both sides as well, but I agree with what Minty said (at least, how I interpreted it). He WAS a subscriber. He isn't any longer, but still asking for the rewards. I could see SUBSCRIBERS getting a bit more than the green font...which they do (exclusive tournaments, bypassing post/longevity requirements, etc.). But once the subscription stops coming in (regardless of the big $500 award!) so do the benefits, imo. Custom title is here nor there, imo. Too much of a hassle to keep up with. ;)

Blackjaw x
02-20-2009, 02:04 AM
Yeah same here, $500+ is a lot of money as a donation so yeah you guys should get much more.. like a purple name or different coloured stars?

Or, like, 10 entries in every contest. Or a free game every Christmas. You know, something tangible.

Evil Demon55
02-21-2009, 06:02 AM
You do deserve more... but you have that $500 donations,,, if you were at level 4 would this rule be for level 4 and 5 :p

$500 is a lot so you should get some bigger/better reward.

RuggersAssassin
02-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Maybe not necessarily a colored name. Maybe a custom title below the name. It still is a huge contribution. I think he deserves more. I can still see both sides of the arguement though. Both constructive arguements and opinions.

Korix
02-23-2009, 05:26 AM
No, I wouldn't be arguing for both.

I was going on in a megachat that my name and title were changed back a little while after my subscription had actually ended and that it was not at the same time, maybe a couple week apart. I said that made me think that someone actually had to go in there and do that, someone actually had to remove the stuff. I said that I know it's really a subscriber perk and that no, I'm not actually one right now, but that I've put more money into the site than a ridiculous majority and I feel I should be allowed a little something. Routine jumped in there (he's usually too busy to join the IMs) and said he hadn't thought of it like that and that he was cool with the idea, so I went ahead and created this thread as the official request.

I do understand things being taken away since I no longer subscribe. Green name and custom title are for those currently giving money, I understand that. It sucks that green is my color of choice, but it is, and the title I had was really a good chunk of my identity here on the site. I can understand the other side too, but as far as I'm concerned, it's the big guy's call and he was cool with it before. Whatever he decides is what to go by.