PDA

View Full Version : Power Up Techniques?

gamergirl11
02-15-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm on my last few achievements for this game and I'm having problems getting some of the power up achievements. I don't have problems getting the powerups...it's scoring while I have them that is the problem. I have 4 controllers so I put three on the other team so there is no interference, but I can't seem to get the goalie away from the net to score!! Anyone have any tips? I'm pretty dumb when it comes to sports games :confused: Thanks in advance! :Bounce:

PalmettoPanda
02-16-2009, 07:06 AM
A few tips: 1) Try one-timers, where you pass from the wing to a player in the center and immediately shoot; 2) Knock down the goalkeeper and pass out to the player with the needed power-up; 3) Keep checking the other team until you have a power-up and an opposing mini-goalie at the same time; 4) As you get a better feel for the scoring, you'll find that shooting from angles is generally more successful and sets up more opportunities for rebound goals; 5) Finally, I think it helps to keep a couple of the opposing players CPU controlled. This will force you to check more to regain the puck and will increase the number of chances you have to get a power-up and mini-goalie at the same time. Hope this helps.

icytower38
02-16-2009, 06:10 PM
4) As you get a better feel for the scoring, you'll find that shooting from angles is generally more successful and sets up more opportunities for rebound goals

I'd say this is the best piecie of advice, 90% of my powerup goals came from some sort of angle or rebound.

gamergirl11
02-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Thanks guys, these tips worked very well!!