PDA

View Full Version : Why would they do this..(anyone agree?)

sllick50
02-16-2009, 06:07 AM
I am an obsessive FEAR fan. I have every campaign, and instant action achievement in FEAR and FEAR files. Why would they change the control layout? Its a pain in the ass for someone who has but so much time into FEAR. I really like the upgrades: more weapons, better graphics, sprint is kind of cool, and the cover is neat. But I keep fucking up due to hitting the bumper for slow-mo or left stick to aim (actually I like the aiming system). But the campaign achievements are easy and lack imagination like "ammo hog" or "no slow mo". Just wanted to bitch a little. However it is a pretty good game. Hard is more like normal on the others though. It might just be me, does anyone agree?

Oh yeah! Also only 3 Med kits WTF. From 10 down to 3.

h3liumX
02-16-2009, 06:23 AM
Sure, I can imagine it being a frustrating change for a big fan. I actually do like the default controls in this one though, but I didn't play the first very much. Have you seen if it is possible to change the layout of the controls?

A 2rue boofer
02-16-2009, 06:46 AM
Sure, I can imagine it being a frustrating change for a big fan. I actually do like the default controls in this one though, but I didn't play the first very much. Have you seen if it is possible to change the layout of the controls?

you cant change the controls at all

Lordvader178
02-16-2009, 07:45 AM
Yer it does suck. I pressed LB to go slo-mo and i just wanted to shoot myself in the face. I miss my control layout?

asnaz11
02-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Honestly, I hate the Y and Left bumper controls so bad. I can't stand using the Y button for Slow Mo, it's horrible. If they switched Y and Left Bumper, it would be PERFECT. Perfect I tell you. This is my only main gripe about the game.

KemicalSupreme
02-16-2009, 04:15 PM
Im having a hard time getting use to the new hub. I never know when I am about to die or when I have armor.(just figured out the armor yesterday)

Story mode seems really creepy to me. The lighting of this game really makes me mad.

EvilManDeadMan
02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
The change is annoying because i've put many hours into the old F.E.A.R. games, but other than the slomo, it's a change for the better.