PDA

View Full Version : The Garage Sale.

xICooRsYIx
02-16-2009, 02:10 PM
You guys should make it so people can trade/sell items through this thread. youd get way more people involved if it wasnt just ebay only. what about Craigslist. can you throw a link from craigslist in there and have it not be deleted?

and whats up with all these threads that have rules on them such as having to be a member for 2 months, must have 200 posts. im willing to be a commited member to the site and forums and just because im just started i get held back on some things. i mean im sure it wont be hard for me to get 200 post but im not just gotta go around complete sentence spamming like half the other people on this site.
thanks
xICooRsYIx

jackanape
02-16-2009, 02:18 PM
ebay keeps things nice and simple and means that any issues are solely down to that site, it also means the site doesn't have 1001 rules for selling things which is more helpful all around.

As for certain areas having post limits - I assume you are referring to the GSL and leaderboards here? The reason those limits are there is because they are COMMUNITY events and not open to just anyone who stops by for ten seconds. The idea is to promote active members and to reward them with access to cool features for sticking around.

In the case of the GSL it also stops people from joining the site with a brand new account (when they already have an old one with a high gamerscore) and entering the league with all the easy games available to them. Which would hardly be fair.

xICooRsYIx
02-16-2009, 02:34 PM
alright, thanks. so when you say 1001 and one rules are you refering to craigslist? i just find it much more easier to post via craigslist. you can meet people from around your location or talk in more depth of shipping needs. but if it has to do with rules then i completely understand.
and as for the posting limits, i guess i gotta get posting..
thanks again dude.
xICooRsYIx

gatorbait
02-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Well ebay is much easier to make sales. The sale is open to a lot more people and on this site it would be hard to find people that live close and are interested in your game simply because the number of people that probably live close is already slim. Ebay and paypal are very safe ways to complete transactions and much quicker. One problem with just being able to trade games is that if someone gets screwed, x360a doesn't want to be responsible for that. At least through ebay, if you don't get your item or payment then you can file a complaint and something will be done about it.

xICooRsYIx
02-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Well i never used paypal before and i have no idea what it is. all i know is that it works as money through online transactions. can you transfer the paypal credit into cash afterwards or does it just stay as money in your paypal account?
thanks
xICooRsYIx

eskEMO
02-16-2009, 03:48 PM
You can transfer money straight from your Paypal account to your bank account and vice versa. It takes up to 48 hours to move it into your bank account, though.

Edit: Paypal is eBay's payment service. You can link credit cards, bank accounts, etc. to it so money can flow between them. (Thought I'd be a little more descriptive since you'd never heard of it.)

xICooRsYIx
02-16-2009, 04:55 PM
well if i said up a ebay account does it automatically set up a paypal account for me? and does it cost money for an account?

(admin feel free to move this into a different thread, i understand its getting a little off topic but i dont wanna change thread mid conversation)

Thanks

eskEMO
02-16-2009, 05:23 PM
You need to register an eBay account and then a Paypal account...then you link the 2 accounts together. It's a bit confusing at first, but it makes sense once you start doing it.

eBay has a seller fee (very cheap to list the item, a small percentage of your total sale value) and Paypal takes a small chunk (<5%) if the member pays through Paypal. I find it worth it because it cuts out a huge amount of hassle and it's 100% secure.

xICooRsYIx
02-16-2009, 05:45 PM
im sure its alot less of a hassle but i like getting what i pay for to the fullest, not givin a small percent to 3 different categories. ill just stick to craigslist and not worry about selling on this forum. its just a bummer cause i have a really nice saitek joystick that someone on here would probably want.
thanks for all the help and advice guys i appreciate it.